HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jun 3, 2021, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The North One View Post
Uhh, all of them. Factories need workers and have no other choice.
But factories clearly don’t have to be located in one place. This is just you upset your region has fallen so much from its highs.

Quote:
Yeah, we know, to circumvent and destroy unions in the never ending search for dirt cheap labor and poverty wages. Only that's coming back to bite the US in the ass now.

What a worker in Texas or these other anti-union southern states get is a sad joke compared to a union job.
You seem to be forgetting how bloated labor become. They had a star role in their own demise. While I’m not in favor of throwing the baby out out with the bath water, this was pretty inevitable.

I’m not sure why anyone is entitled something. Why is your region entitled to be frozen in time? I’m sure you wouldn’t mind if Texas and the SW was still just a dusty region.

The history of the US is regions rising and falling. It’s a globalized world and I would bet a lot of you would rather implement Chinese level controls on business just so you can taste some of that past again.

"Such then is the human condition , that to wish greatness for one's country is to wish harm to one's neighbor" Voltaire

Old Posted Jun 4, 2021, 4:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasPlaya View Post
But factories clearly don’t have to be located in one place. This is just you upset your region has fallen so much from its highs.

You seem to be forgetting how bloated labor become. They had a star role in their own demise. While I’m not in favor of throwing the baby out out with the bath water, this was pretty inevitable.

I’m not sure why anyone is entitled something. Why is your region entitled to be frozen in time? I’m sure you wouldn’t mind if Texas and the SW was still just a dusty region.

The history of the US is regions rising and falling. It’s a globalized world and I would bet a lot of you would rather implement Chinese level controls on business just so you can taste some of that past again.

We’re a nation not a market.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2021, 1:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

They need to get more cranes to build silicon chip factories. We need to be dependent when it comes to computer chips. Made in America type of deal because this chip shortage sucks.

I'd like to see the Northeast being a little competitive with respect to new factories. Yes its expensive but the state(s) need to provide incentives. We are missing out on 1000's of jobs.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2021, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liat91 View Post
We’re a nation not a market.
A nation with multiple regions rising and falling that inhabits a greater world.

"Such then is the human condition , that to wish greatness for one's country is to wish harm to one's neighbor" Voltaire

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions