HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
This was reported earlier, but it was more Related in talks with Dolan. The Governor really doesn’t have anything to do with it. If Dolan wanted to move MSG, he still could. Related’s interests is the same as it was when they tried to get MSG into Farley - remove the arena so they could get those supertall towers built on site. Hochul doesn’t need that complicating the states plan. (The state’s plan doesn’t touch those 4 msf of air rights above the arena).

As far as Adams goes, he has no say either. At best, the city council could decline to renew the license to operate an arena on site, but the site would still be Dolan’s. And that would be followed by those inevitable towers. But yeah, Adams can “talk” about moving it. That’s all it ever is anyway.
Which surprises me. I would take advantage of Relateds offer, move to HY (and in the process build an entirely brand new stadium), and then use the massive sqft to make the tallest and largest (I believe?) skyscraper in the city with the best transit connections in the city.

But I can also see the value in having a stadium on the site, not that I at all agree with it.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development