HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Bank of America Corporate Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Charlotte Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 25, 2012, 2:09 PM
Oak City

The full 7 minute documentary on the building: http://www.wcnc.com/video?id=1754855...7&ref=rcvidmod

Old Posted Nov 2, 2012, 6:51 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

It's a terrific building but in my opinion it is now a monumental disgrace, in original name at least; The glorious Bank of AMERICA got very rich by frauding the US government programs deisgned to help people achieve home ownership via Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac and essentially bankrupted those programs and sent them into crisis and foreclosed on millions of Americans due to outright lying on the risk levels of the consumers they were giving houses to. This week the government is suing BOA for another $1 billion dollars for this "brazen fraud" on top of $2.5 billion it has already had to pay out to them and what some are estimating could cost BOA around $40 billion total in payouts.
It's disgusting that a bank with the most patriotic name ever made it's fortune by ruining the finances and lives of so very many Americans.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 6:31 AM

its still a nice building

Old Posted Nov 20, 2012, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinlee View Post
It's a terrific building but in my opinion it is now a monumental disgrace, in original name at least; The glorious Bank of AMERICA got very rich by frauding the US government programs deisgned to help people achieve home ownership via Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac and essentially bankrupted those programs and sent them into crisis and foreclosed on millions of Americans due to outright lying on the risk levels of the consumers they were giving houses to. This week the government is suing BOA for another $1 billion dollars for this "brazen fraud" on top of $2.5 billion it has already had to pay out to them and what some are estimating could cost BOA around $40 billion total in payouts.
It's disgusting that a bank with the most patriotic name ever made it's fortune by ruining the finances and lives of so very many Americans.
Sure, but with the same brush, by implication, you've tarred about half the buildings in Washington, DC.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2012, 5:39 AM
them bones

BofA didn't build this building...NCNB (North Carolina National Bank) did.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2012, 6:07 AM
Meh

It's one of my favorite buildings around. It looks good in the daytime, but where this building really shines is at night when the lights come on. That is just such a cool crown.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 31, 2013, 4:16 AM

This is a real gem.

Old Posted May 31, 2013, 4:50 AM

I live in Charlotte and I can't get enough of it.

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 1:22 PM

One of my favorite buildings in the U.S. I recently saw a picture of the crown illuminated in rainbow colors (thinking this scheme was LGBTQ related or Pride related). Can anyone confirm if this was a real event or a Photoshop stunt circulating on the Internet? Also, does anyone have a high-res version of the rainbow color illumination I could use for wallpaper on my computer? I looked as all over online, but could only find small images. Thanks!

Old Posted May 8, 2019, 5:35 PM
Registered Ugly

Holy mother of all bumps.

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 1:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinlee View Post
I believe you may have confused this thread with the Judge Judy off topic judgement show. We are the Skyscraper page. We discuss buildings, not political opinions not pertinent to the topic.

Old Posted May 11, 2019, 4:58 PM
Registered Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNC View Post
I believe you may have confused this thread with the Judge Judy off topic judgement show. We are the Skyscraper page. We discuss buildings, not political opinions not pertinent to the topic.
Did you just try to troll a post from 7 years ago? That has to be some kind of record.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2022, 9:11 PM

Was there ever a public observation deck on one of the tip floors of the Bank of America Corporate Center around the time the building was first built?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture