HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 5, 2021, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
Oh Einsteins. I worked there one of my last years in Atlanta. Boy was that a fun place to work for a young gay kid.
It's so depressing driving by these days since the pandemic. It used to be THE PLACE.

Drove by the Cousin's lot today. They've painted a mural on that random piece of wall left along W. Peachtree which says 'Cousins.com"

Not sure if that means they're starting anytime soon though.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2021, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
It's so depressing driving by these days since the pandemic. It used to be THE PLACE.

Drove by the Cousin's lot today. They've painted a mural on that random piece of wall left along W. Peachtree which says 'Cousins.com"

Not sure if that means they're starting anytime soon though.
They don't seem to have any intention of starting--they wouldn't have painted that wall if it was about to be demolished. At least they finally cleared that lot. It's less of an eyesore than the abandoned buildings.

I still think that project is DOA. The post-2020 world won't be any kinder to the spec office market than recent years were. My gut feeling is that they'll end up selling it to a retail/residential/hotel development.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2021, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3yonce View Post
RIP to Joe's and Einstein's, but this is huge. These towers should make a big impact on the skyline from Piedmont Park.
I wonder when something will go up on that Good lot on juniper and 11th across the way From this project. Love this project as well on the other side of the street behind the tower at 12th and Peachtree. But the adjacent lot across from there on juniper and 11th just sitting there with no plans of development. That I’m aware of haha.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2021, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude View Post
I wonder when something will go up on that Good lot on juniper and 11th across the way From this project. Love this project as well on the other side of the street behind the tower at 12th and Peachtree. But the adjacent lot across from there on juniper and 11th just sitting there with no plans of development. That I’m aware of haha.
You mean Dewberry’s block between 10th, Juniper, 11th, & Peachtree?

I want to see the site south of Azure on 10th be redeveloped, including the strip mall and surface parking with caribou. Midrise and ground floor retail along Piedmont, tower to the west.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2021, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
Oh Einsteins. I worked there one of my last years in Atlanta. Boy was that a fun place to work for a young gay kid.
Never eaten there but it always seems to be busy place, Mabe they will relocate and joes on juniper as well. I just drove by there and both places are FULL.:

Old Posted Mar 7, 2021, 10:41 PM

Mabe the old building at the corner of 16th & spring st across from the under construction midtown union, they hopefully will knock that down and put something on that lot. Probably will I’m guessing. And the lot on spring st across from the parking garage at regions plaza will get a nice Big tower or two on that lot in future. Between 16th and 14th. I think selig owns the buildings there.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2021, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSurgeon View Post
They don't seem to have any intention of starting--they wouldn't have painted that wall if it was about to be demolished. At least they finally cleared that lot. It's less of an eyesore than the abandoned buildings.

I still think that project is DOA. The post-2020 world won't be any kinder to the spec office market than recent years were. My gut feeling is that they'll end up selling it to a retail/residential/hotel development.
They are using the wall as a billboard for the site--

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 2:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
You mean Dewberry’s block between 10th, Juniper, 11th, & Peachtree?

I want to see the site south of Azure on 10th be redeveloped, including the strip mall and surface parking with caribou. Midrise and ground floor retail along Piedmont, tower to the west.
Yea I saw that lot yesterday, right down from the fire station, it could be something some day there. Adjacent to Azure. I can’t wait for the 40 story tower to go up at the joes on juniper lot in the first phase and second face is 32 story’s. A win win indeed for midtown. It be nice if joes and the other restaurant could relocate to a another place in the area.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 2:21 AM

Service masters in Memphis Tennessee is relocating to Atlanta so they will be looking for office space, and Coke is relocating minute made office Hq from Houston Texas to Atlanta . I think they will be going into the Coke tower here.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude View Post
Service masters in Memphis Tennessee is relocating to Atlanta so they will be looking for office space, and Coke is relocating minute made office Hq from Houston Texas to Atlanta . I think they will be going into the Coke tower here.
ServiceMaster is going to Sandy Springs as reported in the ABC this evening. Leased 2-floors in 1 Glenlake, enough space for up to 350 employees.

ATLotb

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
They are using the wall as a billboard for the site--

Isn't www.901WestPeachtree.com still their site for the proposed development ?

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 3:50 PM

Seems like Atlanta is starting up a decade long boom, like the 1990-2000 period. This time it seems like boom is including the city. The metro may surpass Philly, Miami and DC over the next decade to become the 6th most populous.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2021, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLonthebrain View Post
ServiceMaster is going to Sandy Springs as reported in the ABC this evening. Leased 2-floors in 1 Glenlake, enough space for up to 350 employees.

ATLotb
yea I just saw that, nice buildings they moving to. And the proposal towers that’s supposed to go on the lot where joes restaurant is on juniper and 12th the developer said they may try and keep joes and Einstein’s. Somehow build them into the project. Middle street partners told the Atlanta business chronicles

Old Posted Mar 10, 2021, 1:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post

Midtown Development Review Committee will meet virtually next Tuesday, March 9 to discuss one project (agenda pictured). You can request access to view the meeting here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...heers::cheers:

https://twitter.com/MidtownATL/statu...80660865650688

Here's the renderings for this project reposted from posters in the Atlanta forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by truittclark View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post

Last edited by Ant131531; Mar 10, 2021 at 2:48 PM.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2021, 4:00 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

That midtown cluster is getting dense!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Mar 10, 2021, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
I am loving it! Can't wait for that intersection at 10th and Piedmont to be activated for appropriate use. That would make that area around Piedmont Park feel more complete and cohesive.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2021, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
No kidding. Looks good.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Forumer View Post
No kidding. Looks good.
A very nice project-- much better than previous generation residential towers--

Old Posted Mar 12, 2021, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
A very nice project-- much better than previous generation residential towers--
I agree. The other towers around it have that... brutalist style... looks like they belong in China or Russia.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2021, 5:10 PM

The Interlock:

Star Metals:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations