HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 7:19 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
Thank you so much for your kind invite.
The intent was not be kind and I could frankly give TWO or THREE shits what you think BS.

Moderators - cancel/ban/delete my account ASAP. Please delete all of the research I have provided as well.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 7:28 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

Well that’s obvious.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2017, 10:11 PM

My issues with phase 1:

1. All the parking makes it look like it's missing teeth. Yes, the site plan is an aerial view, but you're likely to still be able to sense the lack of density from the street.

2. Is that "liner" style retail along Hank Aaron? I hope that it isn't because it never looks good.

3. The "plazas" might be excessive.

5. The fact that Carter/GSU don't appear to control the SE corner of HA and Georgia. I sincerely hope that a fast food restaurant or equivalent doesn't spring up there.

5. Parking at the SE corner of Fraser and Georgia breaks the street wall (I guess they don't have that corner either?).

Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 1:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
The intent was not be kind and I could frankly give TWO or THREE shits what you think BS.

Moderators - cancel/ban/delete my account ASAP. Please delete all of the research I have provided as well.
I think you're awesome, what is wrong here???

Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 2:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaca View Post

My issues with phase 1:

1. All the parking makes it look like it's missing teeth. Yes, the site plan is an aerial view, but you're likely to still be able to sense the lack of density from the street.

2. Is that "liner" style retail along Hank Aaron? I hope that it isn't because it never looks good.

3. The "plazas" might be excessive.

5. The fact that Carter/GSU don't appear to control the SE corner of HA and Georgia. I sincerely hope that a fast food restaurant or equivalent doesn't spring up there.

5. Parking at the SE corner of Fraser and Georgia breaks the street wall (I guess they don't have that corner either?).
I agree with basically all those points. Hopefully those missing teeth get filled in over the coming years as the larger project brings density to the area and transit gets connected to the area.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 5:42 AM

ATL3K, no need for apology, you rock! Everyone on here is a hyper-opinionated a*******.
Der Spitzbub erst spielt er, dann lacht er, dann zieht er, dann schiesst er und trifft uns irgendwo!

Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 9:38 AM
BANNED

Thanks Libertarian and BigStick for the thumbs up. Although some of you may think otherwise, I value opinionated people so long as you can back it up factually. Where I have a problem on this forum are from these "Johnny-Come-Lately" MF'ers that provide ZERO content and bitch and moan because people are having intellectual debates on developments in Atlanta. This forum is not a child's book full of colorful pictures. There are going to be slow times when development news is none existent and you will see posts with letters/words/opinions and that is OK. Lastly my apologies for my language.

For the rest of you, here is some SKYSCRAPER NEW:

Scoop:

Angela Ahrendts, Apple's VP of Retail, and highest paid executive was in Atlanta Friday and met with Mark Toro, CEO of North American Properties (owner of Colony Square). Hmmm.....
https://www.apple.com/leadership/angela-ahrendts/

A friend sent me these yesterday - enjoy!

99 West Paces Ferry - Buckhead

Camden Buckhead

3172 Roswell Road - Buckhead

Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 12:07 PM

Keep posting man, you are the best...................Amazing new projects...

Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 2:56 PM

[QUOTE=Atlanta3000;7931688]Thanks Libertarian and BigStick for the thumbs up. Although some of you may think otherwise, I value opinionated people so long as you can back it up factually. Where I have a problem on this forum are from these "Johnny-Come-Lately" MF'ers that provide ZERO content and bitch and moan because people are having intellectual debates on developments in Atlanta. This forum is not a child's book full of colorful pictures. There are going to be slow times when development news is none existent and you will see posts with letters/words/opinions and that is OK. Lastly my apologies for my language.

For the rest of you, here is some SKYSCRAPER NEW:

Scoop:

Angela Ahrendts, Apple's VP of Retail, and highest paid executive was in Atlanta Friday and met with Mark Toro, CEO of North American Properties (owner of Colony Square). Hmmm.....
https://www.apple.com/leadership/angela-ahrendts/

A friend sent me these yesterday - enjoy!

Camden Buckhead

Camden Buckhead has the potential to be really nice. It has a nice European feel to it. IF, and only if, they integrate to the street correctly.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Keep posting man, you are the best...................Amazing new projects...
Love how these projects seem to have moved on from the 5 story stick frame building model seen throughout Atlanta post recession. Hopefully we will see better quality (taller) projects like this more as Atlanta densities and rents continue to be high.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 4:05 PM

Buckhead just seems to get quality projects compared to the rest of Atlanta. It's kind of sad, but I understand why.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2017, 6:17 PM

Quote:

Atl3k - I'm with the lot of people here and really do appreciate what you bring to the forum! I may disagree here and there on specific developments but tend to agree thats part of the forum. Thank you again for all the pics and insight you bring to this thread!!!

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 1:42 PM
BANNED

High Street - Perimeter

If we can build developments and density like this 16 Miles from the center of Atlanta, is it unreasonable to question why developers cannot accomplish this 1 mile from downtown?

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 3:36 PM

Quote:
High Street - Perimeter

If we can build developments and density like this 16 Miles from the center of Atlanta, is it unreasonable to question why developers cannot accomplish this 1 mile from downtown?
It's almost like Atlanta has had decades of suburban sprawl centric infrastructure investment and zoning policies that have resulted in a severe underinvestment in downtown and points south and it will take years of incremental development for the area to support much larger projects...

Either way Summerhill is still the largest private development in that area in decades and the notion that we should have let this area rot for another decade in the hopes of something even bigger to come along is severely flawed.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 4:15 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Either way Summerhill is still the largest private development in that area in decades and the notion that we should have let this area rot for another decade in the hopes of something even bigger to come along is severely flawed.
I didn't say bigger - just BETTER. We already got a sneaky peak of Aspen Heights - (ouch), I am now just itching to see what the 120 townhome-style apartments looks like.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 5:03 PM

Quote:
I didn't say bigger - just BETTER. We already got a sneaky peak of Aspen Heights - (ouch), I am now just itching to see what the 120 townhome-style apartments looks like.
I wouldn't get your hopes up. 3 stories, stairs, surface parked.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2017, 8:10 PM

Could Atlanta Hawks owner and Arthur Blank be teaming up to transform The Gulch?

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 1:15 AM

Was over at Alta Midtown over the weekend and both Ascent and Hanover Midtown are starting to be noticeable on the skyline. Hanover Midtown’s parking deck is as y’all as 905 Juniper already. Alexan is still working on the second story. Alta on the Park blends in fairly well with the existing buildings.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 4:51 AM

Quote:
Well, there's the Dunwoody MARTA station directly adjacent, which they seem to think is a major asset since it figures pretty prominently in that video there. Summerhill obviously doesn't have that. This does, however, look pretty similar to the scale of what developers seem to think they can accomplish at the Underground Atlanta site, again, directly adjacent to a transit station.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2017, 10:46 AM

Quote:
High Street - Perimeter

Amazing, what is the time line of this?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations