HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 3, 2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
Damn! That's going to look amazing in the skyline
Not to split hairs, but those pics show the original 70+ story design (won't tower over 1180 but be about same height).

Hope it's true...will be a great add that REALLY impacts the skyline from a distance!

Old Posted Jun 3, 2019, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
Not to split hairs, but those pics show the original 70+ story design (won't tower over 1180 but be about same height).

Hope it's true...will be a great add that REALLY impacts the skyline from a distance!
True - will look great even at 53 stories, but that original height would have been KILLER in the skyline.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2019, 10:43 PM
Topher’s 2 cents

It’s 57 stories. Also since it has an office component now, can it really be called the tallest residential tower in Atlanta, I’m thinking not.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2019, 11:09 PM
Just a dude

At worst it's progress, so let's celebrate that but this forum is basically a case study of bipolarity. Highest of highs and lowest of lows literally posts apart, lol.

Let's cap the connector and heal this city that has been split in two, want that more than anything. So odd looking at ATL from above, it's like all you could build on for ages was Peachtree. Great to see high-rises abound elsewhere.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 2:15 PM

There are workers on site today at the Cousins Office Tower at 8th and Peachtree. Not sure what they are doing

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
There are workers on site today at the Cousins Office Tower at 8th and Peachtree. Not sure what they are doing
Demolition???? 💚💛💚💛💚💛💚💛 stop by Opus Place 👀

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 3:36 PM

Odd that the developer of the tallest residential building in Midtown chose a General Contractor that primarily builds low-rise warehouses and outlet malls. ...anyone that put a deposit on one of those condos should be freaking out.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 3:45 PM

Yates is one of the largest contracting firms in the southeast. They’ve built many high rises going back into the 1980’s. They also own many other construction firms that go by other names. It just so happens that one of those firms has a huge industrial history and the other firm was a large developer of shopping centers/Regal Theaters/university facilities across the southeast. Yates has offices all over the US and I’ve even been to their office in Aguascalientes, MX. My company’s experience with their various divisions has always been top notch and they treat others fair which can be a rarity when dealing with the larger contracting firms. That’s how people in my company feel about Yates. Can’t speak for others of course.

How that speaks for this project moving forward who knows. Seems very odd the whole process for a project of this scope and size. That’s not a reflection on Yates but on the developer at this point.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Last edited by Atlriser; Jun 4, 2019 at 4:28 PM.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 4:17 PM

Quote:
8th and Peachtree or 8th and West Peachtree?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 4:36 PM
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdtwnATL View Post
8th and Peachtree or 8th and West Peachtree?
The Cousin's site is W. Peachtree.... so I'm assuming that's what they meant.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 4:58 PM

Yea sorry I meant 8th and W Peachtree. I didn't see heavy equipment, but they did have a large pickup in the 8th street parking lot and were doing something in front of the office building, about 5 or 6 people.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Yates is one of the largest contracting firms in the southeast. They’ve built many high rises going back into the 1980’s. They also own many other construction firms that go by other names. It just so happens that one of those firms has a huge industrial history and the other firm was a large developer of shopping centers/Regal Theaters/university facilities across the southeast. Yates has offices all over the US and I’ve even been to their office in Aguascalientes, MX. My company’s experience with their various divisions has always been top notch and they treat others fair which can be a rarity when dealing with the larger contracting firms. That’s how people in my company feel about Yates. Can’t speak for others of course.

How that speaks for this project moving forward who knows. Seems very odd the whole process for a project of this scope and size. That’s not a reflection on Yates but on the developer at this point.
I apologize for my snobby tone towards Yates Construction. This is a very exciting opportunity for them!

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Yea sorry I meant 8th and W Peachtree. I didn't see heavy equipment, but they did have a large pickup in the 8th street parking lot and were doing something in front of the office building, about 5 or 6 people.

Pictures would sure would be nice. Thank you.

Wonder if this is still the plan www.901westpeachree.com

Anyone moved into Alexan 880?
What's life like over there?

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
Pictures would sure would be nice. Thank you.

Wonder if this is still the plan www.901westpeachree.com

Anyone moved into Alexan 880?
What's life like over there?
Man..so many of these developments have become eyesores of parking. I'm willing to bet that deck is never full.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2019, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctk2014 View Post
Man..so many of these developments have become eyesores of parking. I'm willing to bet that deck is never full.

While I agree to some extent, that deck specifically is on the side of a strip club that will inevitably cover up much of the deck by a larger building eventually. So the thought process was in that one at least.

I can agree on others though more.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2019, 1:59 PM

[QUOTE=arctk2014;8595190]Man..so many of these developments have become eyesores of parking. I'm willing to bet that deck is never full.

While the parking lot is likely never full, despite Alexan's impressive size andscope, it could be that next doot Renaissance Hotel has a number of those nearby spaces for restaurant valet / guests and maybe key staffers

https://alexanon8thapartments.com/

Old Posted Jun 5, 2019, 6:48 PM

Quote:

That's one ugly building--

Old Posted Jun 5, 2019, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
That's one ugly building--

Disagree. I love it.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 3:29 AM
Ya Dig!!

Quote:

It's a sunbelt thing. Sunbelt cities would have much better looking developments if not for the parking eyesores. It's unfortunate.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2019, 12:27 PM

Again this eyesore of a parking garage will never be seen when Cheetah gets developed. The only reason you can see it now is because of Cheetah's huge surface parking lot. The side facing W Peachtree is much better.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations