HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 8, 2022, 8:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Does anyone have any updates on the JRC September meeting? The following was supposed to be discussed yesterday but have not seen any meeting minutes posted up yet:
  • Proposed Development on Parcel 3A – Presenters Manjula Vaz, Gammage and Burnham PLC and Blake Bunker, OAKLAND Capital.
I have a feeling the development may be a high-end boutique hotel as one of the other agenda items on the docket was to approve following text amendment "This proposed change will add 40 hotel keys to the overall allowable hotel keys in the University and Rural Mixed-Use sub-district
from 425 keys to 465 keys"
According to a PSPR submitted a few days ago, its going to be 12-story hotel. Great height there!

https://epermits.tempe.gov/CitizenAccess/Default.aspx

Old Posted Sep 8, 2022, 8:42 PM
Skyriser

I really wonder where this hotel demand is coming from, but more power to the redevelopment area.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2022, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.RE View Post
According to a PSPR submitted a few days ago, its going to be 12-story hotel. Great height there!

https://epermits.tempe.gov/CitizenAccess/Default.aspx
Nice great find! Finally some decent height in Novus. And yep this is for Parcel 3A...SWC of Rural and 6th St

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
I really wonder where this hotel demand is coming from, but more power to the redevelopment area.
Yep...even Novus was surprised and didn't anticipate demand to be this strong. Great news! The new Multi-Purpose Arena may have something to do with it?

https://www.tempe.gov/home/showdocum...76193359416105

Old Posted Sep 8, 2022, 9:03 PM
Skyriser

Does Tempe get the hotel and sales taxes from Novus developments? I find it odd that there'd be some cap on the number of keys for a high-intensity area.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2022, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I am new to the epermits site. Once I login where do I find the PSPR?

Thanks

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Does Tempe get the hotel and sales taxes from Novus developments? I find it odd that there'd be some cap on the number of keys for a high-intensity area.
Pretty sure Tempe gets their normal bed taxes. ASU gets the property taxes.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 8:29 PM

The 21-story Lincoln Southbank tower was approved at City Council last week. Hopefully we see this one get started early next year!

Old Posted Sep 13, 2022, 12:05 AM

Quote:
The 21-story Lincoln Southbank tower was approved at City Council last week. Hopefully we see this one get started early next year!
Nice.

Tempe Development Map September update:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=86321
  • Press Coffee is open at 100 Mill
  • 'Blue at Eastline Village' (across Apache from Culdesac) has a building permit issued
  • Novus 3G (the one on the east side of Rural next to the practice facility) is in review for a building permit. It is 7-story multi-family.
  • Two more townhome proposals for Riverside neighborhood (bordered roughly by Ash-University-1st St.-Hardy), one off 5th St. and one off University. There are groups of 5-30 townhomes sprouting up on seemingly every empty lot through this neighborhood.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2022, 7:45 PM

Does anyone have any information on the new academic building they're constructing in the middle of Orange Mall? It's kind of in between the MU and the Fine Arts Center area. Nice to have another modern building but I feel like it's a weird spot to put it, there's a lot of foot traffic being redirected because they blocked off one of the busiest paths on campus.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2022, 8:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA7 View Post
Does anyone have any information on the new academic building they're constructing in the middle of Orange Mall? It's kind of in between the MU and the Fine Arts Center area. Nice to have another modern building but I feel like it's a weird spot to put it, there's a lot of foot traffic being redirected because they blocked off one of the busiest paths on campus.
It looks like it's this:

https://cfo.asu.edu/Wilson-Hall-replacement

Old Posted Sep 16, 2022, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Nice.

Tempe Development Map September update:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=86321
  • Press Coffee is open at 100 Mill
  • 'Blue at Eastline Village' (across Apache from Culdesac) has a building permit issued
  • Novus 3G (the one on the east side of Rural next to the practice facility) is in review for a building permit. It is 7-story multi-family.
  • Two more townhome proposals for Riverside neighborhood (bordered roughly by Ash-University-1st St.-Hardy), one off 5th St. and one off University. There are groups of 5-30 townhomes sprouting up on seemingly every empty lot through this neighborhood.
-Finally noticed equipment last week for the Blue at Eastline Village...so it seems the squatter issue was settled and hopefully we can get some construction soon.

-There is fencing up around for Novus 3G, so it looks like demo for that 7 story apartment building next to the Cornerstone will happen soon.

-Also it looks like the demolition of the building next to "Alight Tempe" apartment building is happening too. Fenced around the building. I believe this was another 5/6 story apartment building with retail?

Old Posted Sep 16, 2022, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Also it looks like the demolition of the building next to "Alight Tempe" apartment building is happening too. Fenced around the building. I believe this was another 5/6 story apartment building with retail?
Yeah, that's 'Haven at Apache':

https://www.edi-international.com/haven-at-apache

Old Posted Sep 20, 2022, 6:46 PM

New PSPR submitted for a seven story apartment complex with approximately 646 units! Based on the address will be a redevelopment of an office building along the light rail in north tempe. Address is 1700 N Desert Dr, Tempe, AZ 85281

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 6:02 PM
Skyriser

That seems such an interesting (read: dumpy) place to max out on density and unit count, and ripping out a 30-year-old hypothetically Class A office building w/ generous parking to boot.

Maybe there's just a lack of good investment opportunities in Tempe?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 6:10 PM

Quote:
That seems such an interesting (read: dumpy) place to max out on density and unit count, and ripping out a 30-year-old hypothetically Class A office building w/ generous parking to boot.

Maybe there's just a lack of good investment opportunities in Tempe?
Yeah, maybe. North Tempe is definitely getting tight for opportunities, but I wouldn't have thought we were at this stage yet. Not mad about it though.

Went by today and saw that they are doing demo work for 'Dwell' (Farmer/5th St.).

Old Posted Sep 22, 2022, 7:10 PM

Yo any of y'all notice that the surface lot at Dorsey and Lemon is fenced off? It's a City owned lot and from what I remember that "non-profit" who developed that artist housing in Downtown Mesa was negotiating with Tempe to do a 5/ 6 story development there with Gallery space. Was there any renderings for this or was this one of those shady processes where they don't share them because it's a deal on Tempe owned land?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 9:36 PM

Small update but since it's been a topic of conversation here, I noticed that the "squatter" house--officially the Gonzalez-Martinez House-- at 321 W. 1st St. is being considered for rehabilitation and historic preservation:

https://www.tempe.gov/home/showpublisheddocument/98320

Not necessarily opposed to the idea, especially if it was part of a bigger redevelopment, similar I suppose to the Hayden House renovation. It's obviously not going to be on anyone's list of 7 wonders of the world, but it is one of the oldest structures in the city, it's old adobe construction, and I could see it working as some sort of small-scale retail in conjunction with development of the rest of the lot. For more info on the house:

https://www.tempe.gov/Home/Component...8/1209?npage=6

Old Posted Sep 23, 2022, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Yo any of y'all notice that the surface lot at Dorsey and Lemon is fenced off? It's a City owned lot and from what I remember that "non-profit" who developed that artist housing in Downtown Mesa was negotiating with Tempe to do a 5/ 6 story development there with Gallery space. Was there any renderings for this or was this one of those shady processes where they don't share them because it's a deal on Tempe owned land?
Yeah, this is the latest update of which I'm aware. The article has a rendering:

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...pe/2278935001/

No idea if that's still the plan since the article is from 2019, but it would be cool if it was.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 5:48 AM

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 5:54 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest