HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 3:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Peace View Post
I'm looking forward to that Huss Brewpub opening in the Convention Center too, but this endeavor initially announced for fall 2020 opening, which the linked article now updates as "expected to open in the fall, potentially in October" doesn't appear anywhere close to meeting that expectation. Fall of this year would be ambitious considering that no demolition has even begun at that location.

But please sweet baby Jesus, make this happen.
It appears as though my prayers have been answered. I passed by the planned Huss Brewpub location yesterday and noticed that some interior demo of the current ground floor interior space is now being demoed. I'll still take it to Vegas that it will not be opened this calendar year, but my sense of anticipation has been tingled.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post

An article I found mentioned the Bourbon Room at Cityscape opened May 10th...but I don't believe this to be true. Then again, I haven't been down to Cityscape in a month.
You had good reason to not believe it to be true. It still did not appear to be open this past weekend. But I walked by yesterday and it now appears as though the Bourbon Room at Cityscape is officially open. I'll definitely be sampling their goods by the end of this weekend.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Peace View Post
You had good reason to not believe it to be true. It still did not appear to be open this past weekend. But I walked by yesterday and it now appears as though the Bourbon Room at Cityscape is officially open. I'll definitely be sampling their goods by the end of this weekend.
Been following them on Instagram, opening today.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 5:56 PM

I see this site on my recent posts and it reminds me I should tell you guys we tried Belly. What a cool place. The whole dining room is upstairs and it' a very dark and clubby vibe. They have a great patio but it's a bit warm. Great food, I'd call it a southeast asia mix. Pretty reasonable, too. We each had a couple of cocktails and we shared three plates. Under $200 with tip.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 9:12 PM

Rough Riders at 1001 N Central opened earlier this week. Looking at the menu, it’s got entrees and cocktails.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 9:13 PM

That one is at the top of my list of new places to try. Was not aware it was open, so thanks for the update.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2021, 3:38 AM

Curious to know your thoughts after you check it out. Enjoy!

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 3:10 PM
self-important urbanista

I just got this email from Press Coffee. I'm glad to see they're proceeding with the Van Buren location, although I didn't know it was a replacement for the location at Central & McDowell:

Stop in and celebrate the last days with us at our Muse location! We’ll be closing our doors to this Sunday, June 27th @ 1:00pm

Our new location will open this summer at

200 E Van Buren St, Phoenix, AZ

We’ll keep you up to date as the construction of the new space nears completion!

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 3:18 PM

Too bad, that location is my Sunday morning hangout.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 8:12 PM

The eastern-most retail space at Broadstone Roosevelt (NEC of 5th St and Roosevelt) has some posted apps in the window with ‘ATL Wings’ as it’s cited applicant. Never had them, but fingers crossed for a wing spot downtown!

Checked out Chez Gregory yesterday, don’t be fooled by its proximity to Circle K, it’s a neat little gastropub that’s a welcome addition to Garfield. Low lighting and good food. Be aware there’s no on-site parking, so unless you’re walking/cycling, others just park in the adjacent alley.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 11:10 PM

I am going to be downtown late tonight. I went to Yelp to find a place for a night cap. I searched The Monroe and their page said they are temporarily closed, expected reopening January 1. I hadn't heard this.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 3:25 AM

Go to Rough Rider.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 3:54 AM

Anyone remember the name of the Sushi place that is supposed to open where Punch Bowl Soical was supposed to be going?

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 4:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classical in Phoenix View Post
I am going to be downtown late tonight. I went to Yelp to find a place for a night cap. I searched The Monroe and their page said they are temporarily closed, expected reopening January 1. I hadn't heard this.
The Theodore looks awesome, haven't made it in there yet.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2021, 5:54 PM

Thanks for the tips. Both Rough Riders and The Theodore are places I am excited about trying. Just ended up coming home last night.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2021, 7:19 PM

Fate Brewing Company

Zoning Adjustment case for new Fate Brewing Company location 9/9/2021

7th Street, just south of the Grand Canal, East of Steele Indian, North of the new Dutch Bros

https://apps-secure.phoenix.gov/PDD/...Case/ZA-402-21

Old Posted Jul 22, 2021, 2:45 AM

Anhelo Restaurant

Not sure if you guys ever frequented Anhelo but it was the restaurant that took over the old "Rose and Crown" location over at Heritage Square. Apparently, there were some issues with the home which forced them to leave. They relocated to Orpheum Lofts...I'm assuming the empty space next to Harumi? Suite C-103.

Anyways, I was just curious if anyone knows what issues are plaguing the historic home and when the City of Phoenix will be able to get it going again for next tenant.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Not sure if you guys ever frequented Anhelo but it was the restaurant that took over the old "Rose and Crown" location over at Heritage Square. Apparently, there were some issues with the home which forced them to leave. They relocated to Orpheum Lofts...I'm assuming the empty space next to Harumi?
The empty space next to Harumi (formerly a catering co), appears set to be...MOAR Harumi! They're taking on a much needed expansion.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 8:14 PM

https://www.azcentral.com/story/ente...ghTxb8LafqJlew

4 coffee shops opening in ‘Downtown.’ One of them is on Gran Ave and the other on 7th St, taking over a boarded up house. Kähvi already opened and it’s pretty solid if not pricey.

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 5:55 AM

Anthem Tex-Asian Pub

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
Anyone remember the name of the Sushi place that is supposed to open where Punch Bowl Soical was supposed to be going?
I did some digging, because I was curious about what was replacing the never-opened PBS as well. The liquor license is registered under ARIZONA ANTHEM, LLC which is under FLAGSHIP, LLC in Nebraska which belongs to Flagship Restaurant Group.

The CEO of FRG, Nick Hogan, moved to Phoenix earlier this year. One of the restaurants under FRG is called Anthem, which most likely will be what's opening in the former PBS building (since it's registered under ARIZONA ANTHEM, LLC). This restaurant/pub opening was confirmed in an interview which can be found here. He also mentioned that one of their other businesses, Ghost Donkey (a mezcal-focused cocktail bar), will also be opening up later this year in Phoenix.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest