HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 3, 2018, 3:24 AM

WELLS FARGO MORTGAGE CAMPUS -- 7 Floors -- Parking -- 8/2/18

1500 Nicollet -- 6 Floors -- Apartments & Retail -- 8/2/18

Old Posted Aug 9, 2018, 2:01 AM

THRIVENT BLOCKS -- 8/8/18

Half block on the right is 7 stories-- apartments, parking, retail, office. North half of the full block on the left is 8 stories-- office and retail. Southern half was going to be 10 & 12 stories-- hotel, apartments, childcare. Sherman has now pulled out of the project, canceling the latter two buildings. Thrivent is now shopping for a new partner for the southern half of the full block, while the two buildings they are directly involved with for their new headquarters continue full steam ahead.

CITY CLUB APARTMENTS CBD -- 18 FLOORS, 190' -- APARTMENTS & RETAIL -- 8/8/18

Last edited by MPLS_Const_Watch; Aug 9, 2018 at 2:15 AM.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2018, 2:03 AM

Also, it was reported yesterday that the Minnesota Supreme Court denied the FINAL appeal related to Alatus' 200 Central Project (42 stories, condos & retail). Would love to see it break ground this fall, after years in court.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2018, 11:55 PM

Northeast's changing skyline. 8/15/18. The yellow crane is the 26-story Rafter (333 Hennepin). Just to its left is Nordhaus (2017, 20 stories). Red crane is The Expo (26 stories). 200 Central (42 stories) would be centered right between the two cranes.

RAFTER (the building formerly known as 333 Hennepin) -- 26 Floors, 291' -- Apartments & Retail -- 8/15/18

THE EXPO -- 26 Floors, 284' -- Apartments & Retail -- 8/15/18

TARGET FIELD STATION -- 8 Floors -- Hotel, Music Venue, Retail -- 8/16/18

Old Posted Aug 22, 2018, 1:29 AM

THRIVENT BLOCKS -- 8, 7, & ?? Floors -- Office, Apartments, Retail, ?? 8/21/18

CITY CLUB APARTMENTS CBD -- 18 FLOORS, 190' -- APARTMENTS & RETAIL -- 8/21/18

1500 Nicollet -- 6 Floors -- Apartments & Retail -- 8/21/18

3329 Nicollet -- 3 Floors -- Apartments -- 8/21/18

KA BLOCK -- 17, 8, 5, and 4 Floors, 185' -- Apartments, hotel, office, brewery, retail --
8/21/18

Details on the hotel building looking great. It's like this building is actually trying to look good, rather than just trying to not look bad. Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of new buildings of this scale are just trying to do the bare minimum.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 3:31 AM

CITY CLUB APARTMENTS CBD -- 18 FLOORS, 190' -- APARTMENTS & RETAIL -- 9/11/18

THRIVENT BLOCKS -- 8, 7, & ?? Floors -- Office, Apartments, Retail, ?? 9/10/18

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 6:39 AM

Eliot Park Hotel? My the changes to my old neighborhood. I had a condo-loft at the intersection of 10th St. and Chicago Avenue, an old 1890's building on the historic register, townhouses converted to condo-lofts. Being its on the historic register I'm sure the building is still there.

One big negative to be living there from 1988-1993 is that there were few if any urban conveniences, not even a grocery store then in downtown Minneapolis so I still needed a car to go to Cub's on Lake Street! but yes, I could easily walk the few blocks to the Metrodome.

I'm now living in Tucson in a mobile home co-op and I have more urban conveniences here than I ever had in downtown Minneapolis, 2 blocks to a big Fry's Grocery Store, one block to Trader Joe's, walking distance to 10 restaurants and an 11-screen movie house, plus lots of other shopping venues and? I'm far from downtown Tucson! There's also a bus stop in front of the community and another 2 blocks away. Don't even need a car here!

I also used to live around Loring Park in the very early 70's. That glass tower they built on LaSalle looks like it needs a companion tower!

Old Posted Sep 13, 2018, 2:33 PM
Ascension

If it's one thing Minneapolis knows how to do it make quality infill projects. I will take a smattering of buildings in the 7-20 story range above a single 50 story tower as infill adds so much to a cityscape.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
Eliot Park Hotel? My the changes to my old neighborhood. I had a condo-loft at the intersection of 10th St. and Chicago Avenue, an old 1890's building on the historic register, townhouses converted to condo-lofts. Being its on the historic register I'm sure the building is still there.

One big negative to be living there from 1988-1993 is that there were few if any urban conveniences, not even a grocery store then in downtown Minneapolis so I still needed a car to go to Cub's on Lake Street! but yes, I could easily walk the few blocks to the Metrodome.

I'm now living in Tucson in a mobile home co-op and I have more urban conveniences here than I ever had in downtown Minneapolis, 2 blocks to a big Fry's Grocery Store, one block to Trader Joe's, walking distance to 10 restaurants and an 11-screen movie house, plus lots of other shopping venues and? I'm far from downtown Tucson! There's also a bus stop in front of the community and another 2 blocks away. Don't even need a car here!

I also used to live around Loring Park in the very early 70's. That glass tower they built on LaSalle looks like it needs a companion tower!
The Downtown area has seen a lot of change since then-- there's now 3 full-service grocery stores Downtown, a Whole Foods at Washington & Hennepin, a Lund's down on Hennepin in Loring Park, and a Trader Joes at Washington & Chicago. Elliot Park has seen a fair amount of development, but not as much as some other Downtown neighborhoods. Not sure when the last time you visited and spent was, but a whole lot has changed. You should pay a visit sometime if you haven't recently!

Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 1:44 AM

Next week's Planning Commission Committee of the Whole has over 1,700 units on it. Along with a slew of new/updated 4-6 story low-rise projects are these 4 new/updated high-rise proposals:

(all images source: http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/meet...w/WCMSP-214016)

240 Hennepin Ave -- 20 Floors, 234' -- Apartments & Retail -- Proposed

This one has a single retail space of ~20,000 sqft, so seems like they must have a major retail tenant lined up.

240 Portland Ave -- 22 Floors, 246' -- Apartments, Retail, Fire Station -- Proposed

240 Park Ave -- 17 Floors, 188' -- Apartments & Retail -- Proposed

813 Portland Ave -- 17 Floors, 180' -- Apartments & Retail -- Proposed

Old Posted Sep 15, 2018, 1:13 AM

RAFTER (the building formerly known as 333 Hennepin) -- 26 Floors, 291' -- Apartments & Retail -- 9/14/18

THE EXPO -- 26 Floors, 284' -- Apartments & Retail -- 9/14/18

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 7:00 AM

I don't understand why St. Paul is not included in the Minneapolis forum, it's almost as if there's no development at all taking place over there. I would think with the Green Line connecting the 2 cities now it would have spurred some development in St. Paul.

I haven't been to Minneapolis since 2009 and if I do trip up there, being a lazy traveler, I will take the train downtown from the Airport and ride the Green Line for the first time. That line was being considered way, way back in the 70's when I was living there, and they finally did it!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMBY View Post
I don't understand why St. Paul is not included in the Minneapolis forum, it's almost as if there's no development at all taking place over there. I would think with the Green Line connecting the 2 cities now it would have spurred some development in St. Paul.

I haven't been to Minneapolis since 2009 and if I do trip up there, being a lazy traveler, I will take the train downtown from the Airport and ride the Green Line for the first time. That line was being considered way, way back in the 70's when I was living there, and they finally did it!
There are a fair number of the typical-format 4-6 story apartment buildings going up along University, and a few similar projects scattered throughout some neighborhoods, and a few other projects Downtown, but overall there's a lot less development going on than in Minneapolis. Saint Paul hasn't built anything new over 7 stories since...? And other than some early RFP responses, there aren't any serious proposals either. Rochester has more midrise development recently completed and in the pipeline than Saint Paul, by a long shot.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 11:32 PM

TARGET FIELD STATION -- 8 Floors -- Hotel, Music Venue, Retail -- 9/26/18

THE NORDIC -- 11 Floors -- Office, Apartments, & Retail -- 9/26/18

419 WASHINGTON -- 13 Floors -- Office & Retail -- 9/26/18

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 3:24 AM

THRIVENT BLOCKS -- 8, 7, & ?? Floors -- Office, Apartments, Retail, ?? 10/4/18

Old Posted Oct 7, 2018, 2:51 PM
Dutton Brown Design

The Nordic - North Loop - Washington Ave - Pics from 10/7/2018

Lost my view but was fun watching this one grow. Finally starting to add brick.

Pic below from 3/24/2018

Old Posted Oct 10, 2018, 4:17 AM

I was living in Minneapolis when the Luthern Brotherhood building was built downtown with that pink glass, and it was my understanding, eventually, a duplicate of that building was going to be built in back of it, and, obviously, that is not going to happen now. It's sure taken a long time to develop that lot. The Federal Reserve Bank was another that was "half built", plans were to double the size of that building, creating a full inner circle, but that didn't happen either. I used to roller skate on that plaza and was in awe of that building.

Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 1:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThomas View Post
Lost my view but was fun watching this one grow. Finally starting to add brick.
Yes, and it looks good! What I've seen so far on the SE side of the building is very well done. The full mass of this building is tremendous.

Quote:
I was living in Minneapolis when the Luthern Brotherhood building was built downtown with that pink glass, and it was my understanding, eventually, a duplicate of that building was going to be built in back of it, and, obviously, that is not going to happen now. It's sure taken a long time to develop that lot. The Federal Reserve Bank was another that was "half built", plans were to double the size of that building, creating a full inner circle, but that didn't happen either. I used to roller skate on that plaza and was in awe of that building.
I've heard that before-- that the original plan was to have a twin so that the buildings together appeared like "praying hands" when viewed in profile. Kind of bizarre. Which Fed building are you referring to? I hadn't heard that before. Another building originally planned to have a twin that never came to be was the SPS Tower, which you might know as Lincoln Center. Personally, I like the green space there and think it might be better that the 2nd one never got built. The half that did get built has such an uninspiring and inactive presence on 4th Ave, glad we don't have a mirror of it on 3rd Ave!

Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 1:27 AM

ELEVEN -- 42 Floors, 550' -- Condos, Office, Retail -- Proposed

Updated plans out today. Looks like it lost one floor and gained 22': http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/www/...msp-214641.pdf

Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 2:45 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Looks like a RAMSA design, and not half bad, depending on the quality of materials used.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations