HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'm fairly certain that Gillingham's campaign is the source for all the dirt on Murray.

Don't know much I trust him considering that Gillingham's campaign machine is the same one that brought us Sam Katz.
I did not know that being a pastor i would have thought Gillingham would stay out of the gutter

Old Posted Sep 29, 2022, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
I did not know that being a pastor i would have thought Gillingham would stay out of the gutter
I'm sure he does. His campaign team, though...

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 12:47 AM
Portage & Main 50 below

The Glen Murray news has changed my vote for him.

I remember him fighting with the chief of police in a public yelling match in his first term as mayor and being flakey.

I think he is an entiitled career politician whose ego is out of hand.

I also don't think he's a super nice person in real life.

He would be a bad mayor for Winnipeg.

Last edited by Only The Lonely..; Sep 30, 2022 at 12:57 AM.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 12:54 AM

Gillingham and Klein are both going to speak at the federal conservative winnipeg south riding association meeting at smitttys on pembina i might go visit to see what they say while I grab some wings.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 1:03 AM

I can see this story being the beginning of Winnipeggers going towards Gillingham. And then we can all look forward to many more years of road maintenance and young people flocking to cities that care about more than road quality and cops.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 1:06 AM

I feel Gillingham would be an improvement over Bowman. Widening Kenaston 50 million more for road improvement mobile repair teams for graffiti and potholes for basic meat and potatoes stuff i won't complain about since the city has been so bad at meat and potatoes service during the Bowman years.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 1:09 AM

Quote:
Gillingham and Klein are both going to speak at the federal conservative winnipeg south riding association meeting at smitttys on pembina i might go visit to see what they say while I grab some wings.
Winnipeg south is a liberal riding. In fact the party who has won the Winnipeg South riding has won I think the last 10 or so elections.

Also, if Kenaston ever gets a road widening it better be for rapid transit.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 1:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebasketballgeek View Post
Winnipeg south is a liberal riding. In fact the party who has won the Winnipeg South riding has won I think the last 10 or so elections.

Also, if Kenaston ever gets a road widening it better be for rapid transit.
The riding association not the riding how it votes. It was tory from 88 to 93 and 2006 to 2015.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 1:57 AM

Quote:
The riding association not the riding how it votes. It was tory from 88 to 93 and 2006 to 2015.
Oh I see that was my misunderstanding my apologies.

But conversely Canada had a conservative government from 88 to 93 and 2006 to 2015. It’s a cool little coincidence.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebasketballgeek View Post
Oh I see that was my misunderstanding my apologies.

But conversely Canada had a conservative government from 88 to 93 and 2006 to 2015. It’s a cool little coincidence.
Winnipeg South is a true bell weather riding. It’s gone with the party that’s won government since 1988.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 3:15 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
I feel Gillingham would be an improvement over Bowman. Widening Kenaston 50 million more for road improvement mobile repair teams for graffiti and potholes for basic meat and potatoes stuff i won't complain about since the city has been so bad at meat and potatoes service during the Bowman years.
Bowman spent the most money filling potholes in the city’s history the last three straight years….while revenues were crushed by a pandemic. You can say a lot about him but he didn’t fix the roads is not one of them. He also spent $150mil on the Waverley Underpass.

Gillingham’s plan for Kenaston will NEVER happen. He wants to create a separate and dedicated tax to pay for it. Can you imagine asking Winnipeggers to pay that?

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 3:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
Bowman spent the most money filling potholes in the city’s history the last three straight years….while revenues were crushed by a pandemic. You can say a lot about him but he didn’t fix the roads is not one of them. He also spent $150mil on the Waverley Underpass.

Gillingham’s plan for Kenaston will NEVER happen. He wants to create a separate and dedicated tax to pay for it. Can you imagine asking Winnipeggers to pay that?
I would pay it for the improvement that's how many big ticket items in u.s. cities fund items look at Minneapolis.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 3:24 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only The Lonely.. View Post
The Glen Murray news has changed my vote for him.

I remember him fighting with the chief of police in a public yelling match in his first term as mayor and being flakey.
I think he is an entiitled career politician whose ego is out of hand.
I also don't think he's a super nice person in real life.
He would be a bad mayor for Winnipeg.
I know Glen. He’s got an ego for sure, like most politicians, but he’s a nice guy.
That being said nice guy isn’t part my criteria for mayor. Him being the best mayor we’ve had in 30 years is pretty high up on my criteria though.
I could see this helping Loney the most. The only thing that’s valid in the article is any potential issue of sexual harassment. The incident mentioned seems pretty innocuous but it deserves more clarity. The business about him being disorganized or whatever is just noise. Anything trying to claim he’s not capable of being mayor is stupid. He’s already proven he can do that quite well.

Last edited by trueviking; Sep 30, 2022 at 3:54 AM.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 3:27 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
I would pay it for the improvement that's how many big ticket items in u.s. cities fund items look at Minneapolis.
You would. I wouldn’t. That’s my point. There will be massive backlash. You think people in Transcona are going to be happy seeing a line item on their property tax bill to pay for a road in Tuxedo?

People went nuts to spend a few million to take the barricades down at portage and Main. People endlessly listed all the things we could do with that money. Imagine when the bill is more than half a billion dollars.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 3:34 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I'm fairly certain that Gillingham's campaign is the source for all the dirt on Murray.

Don't know much I trust him considering that Gillingham's campaign machine is the same one that brought us Sam Katz.
I totally agree. Was my first thought.

If I was on Murray’s team I would leak that Gillingham is pro life (anti-abortion).

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 12:33 PM

I didn’t know Gillingham was anti abortion. I agree, that would likely put a sour taste in enough peoples’ mouths to tank him.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 1:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGarden View Post
I didn’t know Gillingham was anti abortion. I agree, that would likely put a sour taste in enough peoples’ mouths to tank him.
Lol what? Health care isn’t a municipal issue. Why would that affect voting for him either way?

Not to mention the fact that he’s a Christian pastor. Is that even a leak? It’s not exactly an earth shattering revelation.

In terms of Murray. I was heavily leaning that way but the latest article has made me hesitant. In the first meeting at a new job you talk about being in an open marriage. That’s effing weird behaviour. Also getting plastered at a work function. It’s not like this is the 80’s. That stuff shouldn’t be happening these days. Seems like he’s a bit out of touch with societal norms.

Last edited by cheswick; Sep 30, 2022 at 2:12 PM.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 2:15 PM

Murray might end up getting Jean Charested he has better policy solutions but the rust on him is certainly showing.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 3:09 PM

I really don’t care about his antics, like he said, no one is perfect. However, if he mentions the Get Together Downtown street party one more time im changing my vote lol.
Nobody wants to see Great Big Sea at Portage and Main, let’s move on.

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Instagram

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Lol what? Health care isn’t a municipal issue. Why would that affect voting for him either way?

Not to mention the fact that he’s a Christian pastor. Is that even a leak? It’s not exactly an earth shattering revelation.

In terms of Murray. I was heavily leaning that way but the latest article has made me hesitant. In the first meeting at a new job you talk about being in an open marriage. That’s effing weird behaviour. Also getting plastered at a work function. It’s not like this is the 80’s. That stuff shouldn’t be happening these days. Seems like he’s a bit out of touch with societal norms.
Murray is an arrogant asshat who should just retire from politics. He's not a team player at all and is part of a disgraced office culture that is on its way out. As far as I can see he has not changed at all.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan