HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skang View Post
Awesome breakdown thanks for the update,hopefully that project from 2007 goes up
This is the project that's actively being built right now:

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=214349

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 1:58 PM

Tony, I echo the comments lauding your superb work. Something about the treatment that you give the photos in post make them a cut above.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 3:03 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skang View Post
Awesome breakdown thanks for the update,hopefully that project from 2007 goes up
Just to clarify, the 2007 proposal is dead as a doornail, and its would-be developer, Samir Benakmoume of Rimas Properties, no longer has any connection with the property. What’s being built now is the most recent of several iterations that were proposed by Bart Blatstein (now partnered with Post Bros aka the Pestronk brothers). Summersm343 has periodically updated the post at the top of the 1001 S. Broad Street Phase I discussion to reflect changing plans.

The current design features no towers per se, but rather an intricate weave of tall slabs.

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=214349

Last edited by Jayfar; Aug 29, 2022 at 3:56 PM.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 6:47 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly Fan View Post
^ Tony, your talent is astounding. Thanks very much for sharing it here.
Thank you! I'm glad to keep the content fresh and good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempleGuy1000 View Post
It's easy to focus on the big buildings downtown, but truly imo, it's the re-densification of lower north philadelphia that is pushing Philadelphia's urban form to new levels. I cannot wait to see the Spring Garden / Callowhill developments start to get going given how big the 5th and Spring Garden building looks in that photo.
Exactly why I took those series of photos, the density of new, and growing areas is amazing you don't realize how big of an impact temple makes or even No Libs, and the Riverfront area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEFTA View Post
Really exceptional set!
Really enjoyed them, thank you Tony!
Thank you if you want to see the pictures in better quality check out my IG @VALUEZTVCOM The forum kind of degrades photos for some reason.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 6:48 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Tony, I echo the comments lauding your superb work. Something about the treatment that you give the photos in post make them a cut above.

Thanks Mcgrath

I try to keep the post production calm as possible with some editing, I want the photos to be as realistic as possible.

Also another thing, I never knew 30th st Yard took up so much of UC, it's almost like they should have built that underground back in the day.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 8:37 PM
BANNED

I love your photography Tony Tone and TK’s. I love how you guys capture the essence of Philly. I actually followed your IG this morning because I was looking for more of your drone shots. Some of the photos you guys take are mesmerizing. I really appreciate all the hard work and time you guys, everyone puts into this. I got photos I really should add the photo for Allentown/Bethlehem & Montco/Chesco since you guys cover the city wonderfully.

This forum has done wonders for helping me have ammo to convert NIMBYS to YIMBYS.

I really appreciate everyone’s dedication to this forum and our city.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 9:15 PM

Tony, Re post 4974 one page ago, the 2nd photo, along with one other shot, seems to show a diagonal 'something' in the river just north of Penn Railroad bridge. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was a small man-made rapids. Any idea what you might have picked up in that shot?

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 10:38 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
Tony, Re post 4974 one page ago, the 2nd photo, along with one other shot, seems to show a diagonal 'something' in the river just north of Penn Railroad bridge. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was a small man-made rapids. Any idea what you might have picked up in that shot?
I thought it was an uploading error to Imgur so I went back and looked at the raw photo.

It's the reflections off the windows from the towers, at that angle it really brought it out.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2022, 10:43 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyguy215 View Post
I love your photography Tony Tone and TK’s. I love how you guys capture the essence of Philly. I actually followed your IG this morning because I was looking for more of your drone shots. Some of the photos you guys take are mesmerizing. I really appreciate all the hard work and time you guys, everyone puts into this. I got photos I really should add the photo for Allentown/Bethlehem & Montco/Chesco since you guys cover the city wonderfully.

This forum has done wonders for helping me have ammo to convert NIMBYS to YIMBYS.

Thank you, when it comes to Philadelphia, and Wilmington or even any areas downstream between NYC & DC; These areas are not shown the amount of love as NYC, LA, MIAMI even though we have just as rich culture and long history as those places.

That's why I feel its important to catalog, and build up this area in terms of Digital Media, because it's lacking so much.

Also I feel like no one wants to stamp our TRISTATE on the map, and make it bigger then what it is, that's my plan and im doing it.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 11:29 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Thank you, when it comes to Philadelphia, and Wilmington or even any areas downstream between NYC & DC; These areas are not shown the amount of love as NYC, LA, MIAMI even though we have just as rich culture and long history as those places.

That's why I feel its important to catalog, and build up this area in terms of Digital Media, because it's lacking so much.

Also I feel like no one wants to stamp our TRISTATE on the map, and make it bigger then what it is, that's my plan and im doing it.

I 1000000% support that idea. They so much rich history and architecture and natural/man made beauty here. This region of the country, let alone the continent, is unique. We’re a better city in my eyes then anything on the west coast/sun belt.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 3:13 PM

Great shots like always Tony!!!

You should compile your photos and make a Philly thread in the "My City Photos" sub-section of the forum.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 5:57 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
Great shots like always Tony!!!

You should compile your photos and make a Philly thread in the "My City Photos" sub-section of the forum.
Sounds good to me ill get on it

Philadelphia Photo Thread now live Philadelphia Photo Thread

Last edited by TonyTone; Aug 30, 2022 at 8:09 PM.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 8:37 PM

Now that the crane is up on 12th Street, do we have an official crane count right now? It's got to be the most in the 21st century right? I can't remember ever so many up at the same time.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2022, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyguy215 View Post

Thank you very much! I love Tony's work too! And I feel like Philly is unappreciative compared to other skylines in the US. Originally NYC was always my favorite, but I always lived in South Jersey seeing the Philadelphia skyline. So I started capturing the skyline with my phone in 2014, and got my camera in 2017. I capture for the sake of documenting construction and showing the beauty of Philly, along with presenting that to the world

Old Posted Aug 31, 2022, 5:58 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
Thank you very much! I love Tony's work too! And I feel like Philly is unappreciative compared to other skylines in the US. Originally NYC was always my favorite, but I always lived in South Jersey seeing the Philadelphia skyline. So I started capturing the skyline with my phone in 2014, and got my camera in 2017. I capture for the sake of documenting construction and showing the beauty of Philly, along with presenting that to the world
I also want to give note that I started posting photos here because of TK, I wasn't sure at first, but once I saw TK posting I had to join along. I think we can make a big stamp as far as City photography, and construction.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2022, 1:51 PM
BANNED

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK2001 View Post
PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK THE BOTH OF YOU. I wish the media outlets would capture the beauty of the city like you both do.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2022, 1:53 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
I also want to give note that I started posting photos here because of TK, I wasn't sure at first, but once I saw TK posting I had to join along. I think we can make a big stamp as far as City photography, and construction.

TK & Tony both make me want to get into photography. I made an account to help contribute like you guys do. I love youse guys’s work, along with everyone else!!!! It’s a real team effort.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2022, 3:29 PM

Old Posted Aug 31, 2022, 4:11 PM
Philly Rising Up!

Did they fix the lighting on Liberty 1? Looks different or maybe it's the photo.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2022, 4:23 PM

Chubb closes in on deal for new 475,000-square-foot Center City office tower
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...ice-tower.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations