HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Oct 26, 2023, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric cantona View Post
it appears their design parti is to mimic old warehouses that have penthouse additions plopped on top of them (pgs 57-58 in the PDF), but now with extra-super notatalloutofplace gabled roofs. I have not seen this before outside of SERA's work and I really don't like it. harumph.
Reminds me a bit like the Jack Flats (now called Radio Winsor Factory) apartment buildings in Melrose (suburb of Boston) Mass. They converted historic rubber shoe factories into apartments. Full of character and beautiful brick buildings that were able to be re-purposed as housing. I wish we saw more of this in Portland.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2023, 10:14 PM
BANNED

Somehow lending conditions are ok here I see

Old Posted Nov 3, 2023, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Seven-story building approved for Slabtown site

The Portland Design Commission on Thursday green-lit plans for a seven-story residential building within the Con-way master plan area of the Slabtown neighborhood.

The U-shaped building, designed by SERA Architects, will occupy the 49,870-square-foot Block 292 East (the eastern half of a superblock). The building will be bordered by Northwest Raleigh and Savier streets, and Northwest 20th Avenue.

The Con-way master plan – including 12 buildings – was approved in 2012. Block 292 East is the last block to be developed.
...continues at the DJC.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Nov 3, 2023, 7:53 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
...continues at the DJC.
But I thought lending was hard to come by?

Old Posted Nov 3, 2023, 8:06 PM

It is. The project hasn't broken ground or been submitted for building permit review yet. The Con-way Master Plan is expiring soon, so there's a strong incentive to get this through design review now in the hope that the lending conditions change within the next year(s).

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Nov 3, 2023, 8:31 PM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
...continues at the DJC.
The trend of gable-roofed penthouses atop Conway brick apartment buildings is clumsy architecture. It's like an alpine village that dropped in from some ski resort.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2023, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH View Post
The trend of gable-roofed penthouses atop Conway brick apartment buildings is clumsy architecture. It's like an alpine village that dropped in from some ski resort.
As much as I hate the appearance, I’m kinda jealous. It would be cool to own a 3 story townhome in that location (neighborhood and height above street level).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland