HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 6:06 PM

Agreed. Wildcat tends to start things up and take the conversation off.....on purpose or just him?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2020, 8:44 PM

Wildcat looks like a troll - maybe...

Last edited by fawd; Jul 16, 2020 at 7:47 PM.

Old Posted May 4, 2020, 9:07 AM

Last edited by Wildcats; May 4, 2020 at 9:19 AM.

Old Posted May 4, 2020, 9:12 AM

Old Posted May 8, 2020, 4:36 PM

Daily Coronavirus Update!!!

Total Cases in AZ 9,945!!! Total Deaths YTD: 450!!!

Current Population: 7,279,000

Tune in tomorrow for another update!!!

PS- Interesting factoid, did you know that 1,010 Arizonans died on state roads in 2018?

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Daily Coronavirus Update!!!

Total Cases in AZ 9,945!!! Total Deaths YTD: 450!!!

Current Population: 7,279,000

Tune in tomorrow for another update!!!

PS- Interesting factoid, did you know that 1,010 Arizonans died on state roads in 2018?
So, roughly .13 of 1% of the state's population have had symptoms....and the death rate is roughly 4% of documented cases. Is that right? I never was good at math.

I think that's what a lot of people are beginning to stop and question. Is the "cure" ...the "remedy" worse than the actual sickness. The media....they always have to have a story. How about - just giving the facts: How many cases and deaths - percentage of the population...death rate of cases. Are these people that have died - very old … have underlining issues? There are 250,000 people that live in Yavapai County. 130 cases and three (3) deaths. 40 people have died from suicide! Not really - I don't know how many...just trying to prove a point. Why doesn't the media detail how many people die from the regular flu each year; pneumonia, car accidents, etc. We have turned the world upside down. If nothing else, maybe...people will be a little more vigilant about washing their hands, etc.
I went down to Phoenix yesterday. The 109 degrees on May 8th is bad enough. Well...not sure how to say it. And I can say it because I was born and raised in the Phoenix area. But, nowadays you have to be so careful what you say. It's hard to remember so long ago - and I never really got south of Brophy as a teenager...then, to Tucson (UofA)...then, L.A. I think that it is valiant that the city of Phoenix is attempting to make downtown Phoenix nice - and I was impressed how much it has taken off - so much growth and building. However, just driving east on McDowell from Central - is a grim reality of what a challenge it is. All the way to Papago Park -and south Scottsdale. Just bad all the way around -no getting around it. So, just west of downtown - third world...and just east of downtown, third world. Much like L.A. - you had nice neighborhoods in the 1950's...1960's...then, they start going bad - and people flee. There was none of that north Scottsdale of today when I was growing up. Where I grew up - nothing really beyond us - then, they started building McCormick Ranch. Shea and Scottsdale was a horse tack store(?) Circle K...and Mags Ham Bun. Nothing like it is today.

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 10:50 AM

P.S.

Ok, if over 1,000 Arizonans died on its roads in one year...then, we should have no cars on the roads for three months. Quarantine. HA!!! Good luck with that one! The streets of Prescott...Phoenix/Scottsdale yesterday were packed with people driving their cars.

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 7:24 PM
BANNED

You’re so full of shit. Every year including this one, flu, viral pneumonia and car accidents data is put out. Not that you’re paying attention. You just feel this is all a conspiracy as people die every day in most every state. What is going to take for you? The numbers increase everyday and yet you aren’t convinced. Why don’t you acquire it somehow and create a blog of how bravely you conquered this fake virus?

Old Posted May 9, 2020, 11:47 PM

When is the nuke going off?

Old Posted May 10, 2020, 8:19 AM

We do need more facts. I think the realest factor to find is, how many people normally die in Arizona each day compared to how many people are dying each day now. Of course more testing is going to mean more cases. We get so caught up in the number of cases and deaths. We need the stats on the age of all the deaths and the underline issues they may of have. I have heard that some deaths have been reported as COVID which shouldn’t have been for the insurance money or gov money or whatever it is but there are prob people that have died from it that were not tested and I know they added like 6000 in New York itself to add to the death total. It’s a crazy time however you look at it.

Old Posted May 10, 2020, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
We do need more facts. I think the realest factor to find is, how many people normally die in Arizona each day compared to how many people are dying each day now. Of course more testing is going to mean more cases. We get so caught up in the number of cases and deaths. We need the stats on the age of all the deaths and the underline issues they may of have. I have heard that some deaths have been reported as COVID which shouldn’t have been for the insurance money or gov money or whatever it is but there are prob people that have died from it that were not tested and I know they added like 6000 in New York itself to add to the death total. It’s a crazy time however you look at it.
There are people studying this, and so far, it looks like COVID deaths are undercounted.

Quote:
The death toll from coronavirus may be almost 60 per cent higher than reported in official counts, according to an FT analysis of overall fatalities during the pandemic in 14 countries.

Mortality statistics show 122,000 deaths in excess of normal levels across these locations, considerably higher than the 77,000 official Covid-19 deaths reported for the same places and time periods.

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJPHXskyscraperfan View Post
The press: the biggest problem. They are human - they make mistakes. However, from my experience on a local level: They also lie...manipulate...write/do what they want - slant it their way. They are suppose to be objective. They are not. I had a reporter for the regional/local paper come to me once - "I need a story!" You need a story. No matter what it is ...who it could hurt.

Politicians: They have been painted into a corner. If they don't continually take action...one thing after another - they will be branded as murderers.

Doctors: They will most always give the worst case scenario. "You have six months to a year to live." Well, at least - how about, "From my experience, the prognosis doesn't look good." Doctors are not God … no one knows for sure - 100%. I love when I see people defy the odds - and are determined to overcome what they have been told - and then they do!

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRay View Post
There are people studying this, and so far, it looks like COVID deaths are undercounted.
Yes these are the same "experts" who have revised the estimate from 2 million deaths to 200,000 K deaths. No one knows anything apparently. Don't wear the face mask because it's ineffective, wear the face masks because it is effective. Don't wear the face masks because the hospitals need them, wear the face masks now everywhere. Now wearing the face masks will result in the production of excess cortisol which at a prolonged increased levels will in turn damage your immune system. This has been the narrative for the last couple of weeks! Now we know there is no science behind the 2ft rule and that it was just an arbitrary number that somehow became political scripture. What are the feeble Mdpx'ers of the world going to do once the supply chains have become permanently damaged and must result to fighting the temptations of consuming the beloved family pet? My point is this not all sustainable and you can't lifeproof life!

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Yes these are the same "experts" who have revised the estimate from 2 million deaths to 200,000 K deaths. No one knows anything apparently. Don't wear the face mask because it's ineffective, wear the face masks because it is effective. Don't wear the face masks because the hospitals need them, wear the face masks now everywhere. Now wearing the face masks will result in the production of excess cortisol which at a prolonged increased levels will in turn damage your immune system. This has been the narrative for the last couple of weeks! Now we know there is no science behind the 2ft rule and that it was just an arbitrary number that somehow became political scripture. What are the feeble Mdpx'ers of the world going to do once the supply chains have become permanently damaged and must result to fighting the temptations of consuming the beloved family pet? My point is this not all sustainable and you can't lifeproof life!
Finally, someone with common sense - and is using their brain! We certainly can't have anarchy in this world - however, we don't have to follow blindly like sheep!

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 6:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats View Post
Finally, someone with common sense - and is using their brain!
This is why so many people have a problem with you making the discussion into a political issue, you know that everyone who has a different opinion isn't lacking common sense, right? Maybe you don't know that.

50% of the population probably thinks you lack common sense. I'd prefer if neither side started insulting each other.

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 6:50 PM

[QUOTE My point is this not all sustainable and you can't lifeproof life![/QUOTE]

Truer words were never spoken!

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Gee golly it is almost like those were projections if we did nothing like we were doing at the start, but those experts also told everyone to try and stay home and socially distance, so that decreased projections. Who would have thought?

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats View Post
Doctors: They will most always give the worst case scenario. "You have six months to a year to live." Doctors are not God…

Now you're firing shots at physicians whom have the heart wrenching responsibility to tell a mother, father, daughter, son, husband, wife that their loved one received a life-changing prognosis?

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 7:38 PM
Modulator

Mods, how do I hide/close/ban this thread? It's truly starting to border offensive and last I thought, SSP does not allow political discussions which is exactly what this thread is. It should have never been allowed to be posted or continue.

At the least, this thread should be moved under the "Other - General Discussions" forum as it does not relate to Southwest development whatsoever so that we can quit seeing new post notifications when we come to the Southwest forum.

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 8:29 PM

I mean you could always just stop clicking on it.

If I saw a button that said "click here for nude pictures of Kim Jong Il" I might click once out of curiosity and then avoid clicking that button again at all costs. Why can you not do that?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest