HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Nov 29, 2020, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
I never thought I'd see my dusty little home town so high up on a list like this. It's sad. I can't stop kicking myself for not buying a place back when it was dirt cheap. I could have easily afforded it then, but now I'm not sure I will ever be able to.
Although the data seems limited to Redfin, I think the survey realistically shows two important trends over the last few years - cities benefiting from the California outmigration and cities that are known or becoming to be perceived as high tech centers tend to have rapidly increasing prices and home sales. I think that is why cities like Denver have become so expensive. Even in Texas, the numbers seem to show that the cities most benefiting from the trend, Austin and Dallas, have become a lot more expensive than the cities not benefiting as much, like Houston and San Antonio....Philly and Baltimore have been cheaper Midatlantic cities that NY, Boston and Dc for years and years, so it not surprising that Philly is as cheap as Houston...it is surprising that Baltimore's average price is now less than DC...it will be interesting to see if the cheaper cities (or which) can become the next "Brooklyn" or "Austin".

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions