HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 8:47 PM

New info on 707 S Forest Ave High Rise. Its going to be a 20 story residential twin tower development. Also plans for a new 24 story high rise on the corner of Myrtle and 7th where the first Congregational church sits currently.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 8:51 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmodrak12 View Post
New info on 707 S Forest Ave High Rise. Its going to be a 20 story residential twin tower development. Also plans for a new 24 story high rise on the corner of Myrtle and 7th where the first Congregational church sits currently.
Jeezy Pete Temp is on fire. Going to catch up to Phoenix at this rate.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Nice! Interested to see the site plans for twin towers at 707 S Forest. I believe the previous proposal only included this area:

Do you know if that's still the case with the twin tower proposal? Or are they getting the neighboring parking lot as well?

It's too bad they killed the Newman Center college/dorm proposal from a couple years ago--we could have had high rises from College to Mill along 7th St.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Nice! Interested to see the site plans for twin towers at 707 S Forest. I believe the previous proposal only included this area:

Do you know if that's still the case with the twin tower proposal? Or are they getting the neighboring parking lot as well?

It's too bad they killed the Newman Center college/dorm proposal from a couple years ago--we could have had high rises from College to Mill along 7th St.
So two 20-stories, one 24, and then the hotel where the Hawaiian place is/was is 12? I honestly hope they send them back to the drawing board with the 12-story. Land is running out, time to raise the standards!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXFlyer11 View Post
So two 20-stories, one 24, and then the hotel where the Hawaiian place is/was is 12? I honestly hope they send them back to the drawing board with the 12-story. Land is running out, time to raise the standards!
So greedy. 6 years ago the Residence Inn by Marriott on 5th St. was something to celebrate. 12 stories is great for that area.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
So greedy. 6 years ago the Residence Inn by Marriott on 5th St. was something to celebrate. 12 stories is great for that area.
You bring up a good point...honestly the last site I can think of to support a high rise at Tempe code's maximum height is possibly that parking lot across the street from the Courtyard Marriot/ West of those Hayden condos? I am surprised if we don't hear about a revised plan (as proposed before the last crash) to densify the one story retail buildings part of original centerpoint development along Mill (Handle Bar, Pita Pit, etc).

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
You bring up a good point...honestly the last site I can think of to support a high rise at Tempe code's maximum height is possibly that parking lot across the street from the Courtyard Marriot/ West of those Hayden condos? I am surprised if we don't hear about a revised plan (as proposed before the last crash) to densify the one story retail buildings part of original centerpoint development along Mill (Handle Bar, Pita Pit, etc).
I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to it, but it seems like City Council likes having Mill-facing buildings be low-rise.

That parking lot along Ash definitely is the biggest development site left. There are also the parking lots east of the Islamic Community Center, but those are owned by ASU. And there is the Royal Palms overflow lot, which I think has had proposals in the past, but even if they wanted to develop it I doubt you would get much height there given the proximity to the mountain. My guess would be that if/when the major sites in the current downtown area actually get developed, high rise development in Tempe will shift to the Novus corridor and Apache.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2019, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Damn, that's a lot taller than I expected. I'll honestly be a little sad to see the wood and brick go since I think, along with Chuckbox, it's a cool aesthetic next to all the big buildings. Still, it's good to see Tempe capitalize on what space they have and that they don't seem to be listening to ASU regarding height anymore.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 5:23 PM

IDEA

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 5:25 PM

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 5:27 PM

I finally figured out how to use Imgur. I can finally start posting pictures correctly. Lol!!

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 5:29 PM

One hundred Mill

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 5:35 PM

The Watermark with the light fixtures.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB1 View Post
I finally figured out how to use Imgur. I can finally start posting pictures correctly. Lol!!
Haha, thanks for the photos.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 10:53 PM

Metro 101

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 10:56 PM

Meridian

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 10:58 PM

Park Place

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 11:00 PM

Apache development by university

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 11:05 PM

Interdisciplinary Science and Technology 7

Old Posted Sep 4, 2019, 11:06 PM

777 s Novus

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest