HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive


 

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #521  
Old Posted Aug 27, 2018, 5:57 PM
GtownFriend GtownFriend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 541
Been watching a building go up out here that had a lovely lavender undercoat! then aluminum grid over that and eventually metal and wood siding as the final finish. Possibly a similar process for this orange beauty :-)
     
     
  #522  
Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 6:57 AM
GtownFriend GtownFriend is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Boulder CO
Posts: 541
Found this pic, which shows the tracks people have been mentioning:

Camden Tower by Brandon Bartoszek, on Flickr
     
     
  #523  
Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 7:04 AM
allovertown allovertown is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 975
Great find!

That photo also shows cladding going onto the garage in the rear of the building. The cladding looks silver.

Further, if you notice, at a certain point the cladding area on the garage feeds directly onto one of the yellow strips. Looks very likely we'll get that silver cladding all over the building, though impossible to know for sure as of now.

Perhaps those orange panels were a stroke of genius. Leave those up for months and make the building look so shitty, that whatever you choose to clad the building in afterward, people will view it as such a great success because it's wildly better than the orange panels.
     
     
  #524  
Old Posted Aug 29, 2018, 6:41 PM
Gonzo the Great's Avatar
Gonzo the Great Gonzo the Great is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: the Henson Galaxy
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertown View Post
Great find!

That photo also shows cladding going onto the garage in the rear of the building. The cladding looks silver.

Further, if you notice, at a certain point the cladding area on the garage feeds directly onto one of the yellow strips. Looks very likely we'll get that silver cladding all over the building, though impossible to know for sure as of now.

Perhaps those orange panels were a stroke of genius. Leave those up for months and make the building look so shitty, that whatever you choose to clad the building in afterward, people will view it as such a great success because it's wildly better than the orange panels.


Well , what ever the reason it sure is a tremendous improvement over the yellow cladding I had to wear sunglasses to look at .
PS ; I am not sure .... is this the taller or the shorter of the two high-rise planned for this area

Oops , never mine its the shorter . Second high-rise scheduled @ 350' and 24 floors .
__________________
...... I had that weird dream again !

Last edited by Gonzo the Great; Aug 29, 2018 at 7:33 PM.
     
     
  #525  
Old Posted Aug 30, 2018, 12:01 PM
Elevator1 Elevator1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 135
Saw last night crossing BF Bridge that they have installed a few silver panels on the West side of the building. Whew, that is a relief. Since this yellow matches the hideous yellow top of the DRPA building a few blocks away, I was always a bit worried about that being final.
     
     
  #526  
Old Posted Aug 30, 2018, 1:10 PM
Gonzo the Great's Avatar
Gonzo the Great Gonzo the Great is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: the Henson Galaxy
Posts: 474
ok ....... never mine
__________________
...... I had that weird dream again !
     
     
  #527  
Old Posted Aug 30, 2018, 1:53 PM
Redddog Redddog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator1 View Post
Saw last night crossing BF Bridge that they have installed a few silver panels on the West side of the building. Whew, that is a relief. Since this yellow matches the hideous yellow top of the DRPA building a few blocks away, I was always a bit worried about that being final.
This seems like a fantastic marketing idea. Who the hell would be talking about this nondescript building in Camden, NJ. if they didn't make it seem like it was gonna be stunningly ugly.

Goddam genius.
     
     
  #528  
Old Posted Aug 31, 2018, 11:51 AM
PHL10's Avatar
PHL10 PHL10 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,041
Sorry for the poor picture quality but here are the gray/silver facade panels:

__________________
No one likes me.
     
     
  #529  
Old Posted Sep 7, 2018, 3:27 PM
Daario Daario is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtownFriend View Post
Found this pic, which shows the tracks people have been mentioning:

Camden Tower by Brandon Bartoszek, on Flickr
"Camden Rising" I love it.
     
     
  #530  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2018, 2:13 PM
Gonzo the Great's Avatar
Gonzo the Great Gonzo the Great is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: the Henson Galaxy
Posts: 474
So if I am reading this correctly , the " build out " could take up to five years for both towers to be completed
which means late 2020 . Is there a major tenant for tower two ??..... Not much time left from now to end of
2020 . What about the rest of the project area development .... are we looking at another five years for that
to be completed ..... or is part of , or most of this waterfront dream , just that .
__________________
...... I had that weird dream again !
     
     
  #531  
Old Posted Sep 21, 2018, 12:41 AM
PhillyEngineer PhillyEngineer is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 101
The view from the east side of City Hall taken 9/19/2018:

     
     
  #532  
Old Posted Oct 6, 2018, 11:32 PM
Jawnadelphia's Avatar
Jawnadelphia Jawnadelphia is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Phila., PA
Posts: 2,351
Ok... starting to look better now:


https://www.instagram.com/p/BomEwbIh...-by=studio7phl
     
     
  #533  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2018, 4:07 PM
Mr Saturn64's Avatar
Mr Saturn64 Mr Saturn64 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Philly
Posts: 954
The lawn and the area right by the river look great!
__________________
Go Phillies!⚾ 🦅Fly Eagles Fly!🦅 🏀Trust the Process!🏀 🏒Go Flyers!🏒
     
     
  #534  
Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 2:19 AM
Philly-Drew's Avatar
Philly-Drew Philly-Drew is offline
Φιλαδέλφεια
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NoLibs
Posts: 1,394
New hotel approved for North Camden

This is a great project for North Camden. Hopefully it will help lead to additional development in th area.

https://www.tapinto.net/articles/122...r-north-camden
__________________
"Imagine all the people, living life in peace." :Lennon
     
     
  #535  
Old Posted Oct 11, 2018, 1:54 PM
Redddog Redddog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly-Drew View Post
This is a great project for North Camden. Hopefully it will help lead to additional development in th area.

https://www.tapinto.net/articles/122...r-north-camden
I think this is the first phase of a billion dollar master plan. Am I remembering this correctly?
     
     
  #536  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 9:38 AM
SJPhillyBoy's Avatar
SJPhillyBoy SJPhillyBoy is offline
Hello
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: SJ to Philly
Posts: 2,618
Camden Waterfront developer selling its office projects

https://www.courierpostonline.com/st...te/1738784002/

Quote:
The firm said then it was still seeking to develop four parcels that could hold some 500,000 square feet of office space off the Delaware River.

"There continue to be parties who may be interested in land there," Hankowsky said.

Several firms are already planning moves to new facilities at the Waterfront site:

American Water Works in early December is expected to formally open One Water Street, a five-story, 220,000-square-foot facility that will hold more than 600 workers.
Construction is underway on an 18-story tower that will house three firms — Conner Strong & Buckelew, NFI, and The Michaels Organization. The companies have said that building could open by August 2019.

A 180-room hotel and a 156-unit apartment complex are also planned for the site, as are parking garages.

The Waterfront site has an overall capacity of 1.1 million square feet on 26 acres, according to Liberty Property.

Liberty Property reported higher net income for the nine months ended Sept. 30, but noted that included substantial one-time gains from the sale of assets.
     
     
  #537  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 12:51 PM
Nova08 Nova08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly-Drew View Post
This is a great project for North Camden. Hopefully it will help lead to additional development in th area.

https://www.tapinto.net/articles/122...r-north-camden
This seems like a really odd area. Admiral Wilson blvd to the south, Cooper river to the northeast. I don't see them attracting the target audience.

A hotel along the water front should target the Cooper and Rutgers crowd better. And the tourist crowd will look at the zero restaurant type amenities and likely pass for options in Mount Laurel or Cherry Hill.
     
     
  #538  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 3:09 PM
Gonzo the Great's Avatar
Gonzo the Great Gonzo the Great is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: the Henson Galaxy
Posts: 474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova08 View Post
This seems like a really odd area. Admiral Wilson blvd to the south, Cooper river to the northeast. I don't see them attracting the target audience.

A hotel along the water front should target the Cooper and Rutgers crowd better. And the tourist crowd will look at the zero restaurant type amenities and likely pass for options in Mount Laurel or Cherry Hill.



Umm , I must have missed something here .... So in your opinion what is the " target audience " ??
And you will have to forgive my lack of knowledge with your statement about " tourist crowds " .

I haven't been in Camden for more years than I care to count but I don't remember any tourists flocking to that city .

The last thing I remember about attractions in Camden revolved around the old Campbell's field minor league baseball team ..... ( now gone )
the battleship New Jersey and the aquarium .

It will take YEARS of hard work , money , and help from the state to make Camden a " tourist " stop , and thats not to mention the gigantic
tax breaks it will take to entice firms of any size to move " good paying employment " into a city where vast tracts of neighborhoods are in such
deplorable conditions , they resemble third world , war torn nations ..... Oh and lets not forget problems with school development ...... but ,
ripping down a bunch of drug and rat infested areas has got to start somewhere so maybe the proposed hotel venture isn't such a bad idea .

I think their city council will have the last say ........ maybe .
__________________
...... I had that weird dream again !
     
     
  #539  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 5:58 PM
Justin7 Justin7 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 366
I think their target is conventioners and people doing business in center city on a tight budget. Can't really get faster bridge access than this location.
     
     
  #540  
Old Posted Oct 25, 2018, 7:33 PM
Nova08 Nova08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo the Great View Post
Umm , I must have missed something here .... So in your opinion what is the " target audience " ??
And you will have to forgive my lack of knowledge with your statement about " tourist crowds " .

I haven't been in Camden for more years than I care to count but I don't remember any tourists flocking to that city .

The last thing I remember about attractions in Camden revolved around the old Campbell's field minor league baseball team ..... ( now gone )
the battleship New Jersey and the aquarium .

It will take YEARS of hard work , money , and help from the state to make Camden a " tourist " stop , and thats not to mention the gigantic
tax breaks it will take to entice firms of any size to move " good paying employment " into a city where vast tracts of neighborhoods are in such
deplorable conditions , they resemble third world , war torn nations ..... Oh and lets not forget problems with school development ...... but ,
ripping down a bunch of drug and rat infested areas has got to start somewhere so maybe the proposed hotel venture isn't such a bad idea .

I think their city council will have the last say ........ maybe .
...Read the article maybe?

Direct Quote:
Quote:
Rajat Gaur, director of business development for Spectrum Group, located in Palisades Park, said the hotel is hoping to serve travelers coming to visit Philadelphia, students at Rutgers-Camden or patients at Cooper University Hospital.
Tourist crowd as in the people visiting Philadelphia but do not want to pay the prices that center city hotels command.

To your point, I think they will be hard pressed to find people so price conscious that they stay in this Camden hotel over Philly or the other south jersey suburbs
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
 

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:10 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.