HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
I banned him because I’ve banned him four times now.
Which names did he post as the other times you banned him?

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 7:28 PM

somebody got banned? who?

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 9:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soled View Post
Which names did he post as the other times you banned him?
I'm presuming one of his other names was Ballister, because I see he's also banned. If so-not surprised.

If anyone has paid attention to the few times I've posted I've gone out of my way to never get into an argument with anyone here.

I noticed the other day for the first time that Ballister sent me a threatening message about a year and a half ago for who knows what(he didn't say).

It made me laugh for two reasons: I never get into personal battles here, and I'm probably the last guy here any keyboard warrior is going to be able to intimidate.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 9:13 PM

You, exit to left, and probably the saguaro guy seem to be the least confrontational so I found it humorous when that guy went after you.

On topic: I had to run down to Tempe today and noticed the streetcar tracks are running parallel the light rail down Apache. I find this odd. Very odd. That road hardly has any room for car traffic, now. Was there just no other option?

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 9:16 PM
METRO: Encanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
You, exit to left, and probably the saguaro guy seem to be the least confrontational so I found it humorous when that guy went after you.

On topic: I had to run down to Tempe today and noticed the streetcar tracks are running parallel the light rail down Apache. I find this odd. Very odd. That road hardly has any room for car traffic, now. Was there just no other option?
Don't streetcars share the roadway with car traffic?

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 9:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
It only runs parallel for a brief stretch on Apache for a few hundred feet east of Terrace. I think the idea was to allow transfers at that point. And yes, the street car is in a car lane at that point, so it should still allow car traffic.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbenjamin View Post
At that location I couldn't tell. The roadway is about 2' lower than the tracks so it looks like it might have a curb here, but I might be totally wrong.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
I banned him because I’ve banned him four times now.
Wow! Can you try blocked his IP address? No one ever sneaks him back on the forums. If he signup a new username. He could be violated the forums rules. He could be breach. He will be banned again.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2020, 4:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
They planned well ahead for this, much like they did for the 202 around South Phoenix. I remember around 1998 or 1999 a subdivision was built north of Broadway and west of 59th Avenue and the neighborhood was split in two with a ROW down the center. 20 years later they put in a freeway and people acted like they were surprised. How one couldn't have seen that coming is unfathomable, but I digress.
Sounds very similar to the sentiment of anti-freeway homeowners in Ahwatukee. The SM Freeway was on planning maps dating back to the early 1980s and yet, they still chose to buy a newly constructed 1990s house along the corridor.

The Price Freeway preserved the ROW along Price Road, same for the Santan in South Chandler. Not all homes were preserved though. Some had to be removed in the neighborhood just west of Chandler Fashion Center.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ph...4d-112.0740373

One of the biggest controversies with the Santan was splitting Arrowhead in 2 and not building a bridge over the 202. Homeowners wanted a bridge to keep police and fire response times low.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ph...4d-112.0740373

Old Posted Aug 16, 2020, 3:54 AM
Skyriser

There used to be a tight-knit cul-de-sac on Firehouse Ct south of Warner that was dismantled for the 101. These houses were fairly large, and I believe all of them were moved. I wonder where they ended up.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2020, 9:21 PM

Quote:
There used to be a tight-knit cul-de-sac on Firehouse Ct south of Warner that was dismantled for the 101. These houses were fairly large, and I believe all of them were moved. I wonder where they ended up.
He's back again! Same guy! He sneaks back on the forums again. You gave him banned again and you have blocked him his IP address.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2020, 5:08 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
He's back again! Same guy! He sneaks back on the forums again. You gave him banned again and you have blocked him his IP address.
IP's can be changed and it'a very easy to do. Truthfully, if someone wants to post on here that bad, it's not really all that hard to create another account.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 11:19 PM
self-important urbanista

The Northwest Extension Phase II light rail project (from 19th Ave / Dunlap to MetroCenter) received some federal funding today:

https://www.transit.dot.gov/about/ne...ederal-funding

The timing is good since construction began Monday.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 3:11 PM
Modulator

I deleted my reply, because I misread your post and thought it said May...lol, I'm tired.

I'm out of town for a few weeks. Where did the construction start?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 4:27 PM

A lot of construction related to, but not directly for, this extension has been under way for a while. The southbound frontage road on the 17 has been closed all summer with work for the bridge. They re-paved part of Dunlap; east of 25th Avenue they only did the westbound lanes and west of 25th Avenue they did all of it. This is all prep work.

Maybe one of you know the answer to this: the tracks are running south of Dunlap, will this continue for any significant amount of time or will they re-align them into the street immediately after the platform at 19th?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 5:26 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:
A lot of construction related to, but not directly for, this extension has been under way for a while. The southbound frontage road on the 17 has been closed all summer with work for the bridge. They re-paved part of Dunlap; east of 25th Avenue they only did the westbound lanes and west of 25th Avenue they did all of it. This is all prep work.

Maybe one of you know the answer to this: the tracks are running south of Dunlap, will this continue for any significant amount of time or will they re-align them into the street immediately after the platform at 19th?
The tracks will move into the center of Dunlap just west of C Street (the little road that leads to the park-and-ride on the south side).

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 5:30 PM

Thanks, then I think I see what will happen. Eastbound Dunlap lanes (new pavement) will be used for construction staging and the westbound lanes (old pavement) will be split and used for traffic in both directions. I'm guessing but I'm pretty confident. That road sees a lot of traffic, going to be a major annoyance for a while.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 9:55 PM
Modulator

Quote:
All the construction on the frontage road and all of the work around the area area not for the extension. They are building an underground drainage system from Greenway all the way to the AZ canal to eliminate the underpass flooding that Peoria, Thunderbird, Cactus and Greenway experience during heavy rains. The frontage road was torn up to install an underground pipe that will dump flood water into flood channel next to the canal and construction will move North to between Peoria and Cactus once the Peoria section is complete and then North of that to Thunderbird and Greenway. There will also be large basins built at Thunderbird and Greenway. The Thunderbird basin is half complete.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 10:08 PM

I was told otherwise by someone who says they know about it. So now I've heard two different stories from two people. The answer isn't really that important to me, it's just funny to me.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 10:29 PM
Modulator

Quote:
I was told otherwise by someone who says they know about it. So now I've heard two different stories from two people. The answer isn't really that important to me, it's just funny to me.
I've been following it for a while because it directly affects me as I live in the area. It's also on ADOT's website: https://azdot.gov/projects/central-d...oad-acdc-canal

It's not really that important to me either as it's just a drainage project. But I didn't want folks to get confused that it's part of the extension construction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest