HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 5:40 AM

New SLC Project: The Lusso Apartments 2

https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection=

Address: 57 N 1000 W - Project located directly East adjacent to the currently under construction The Lusso.
The Basics: 7 floors (5 over 2) & 160 residential units (all 1-bedroom).
Project replaces several existing single family detached homes and a Mexican restaurant.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 7:08 PM

Thanks for your efforts Blah!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 10:41 PM

Is there no retail for this corner lot development right on north temple and near a transit hub? Or am I interpreting the blue prints wrong? If so what a joke. And all 1 bedroom? Why not include some 2 and 3 bedroom in addition to the bachelor pads? Sure all this has to do with “money” now, but doesn’t seem long term good for neighborhood building and development.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 5:56 AM
Lahaina Strong

The theater is completely gone.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 1:30 PM

Yes, Thank you Blah for your continuing updates. They make a major contribution to this being one of the better local forums. Also, Paniolo Man for your great photo updates. Very much appreciated, especially for those of us living out of state right now.

Here's some of the more recently released renderings of the Post House District. If any of you could give us a construction update that would be fantastic. It's been four and a half months since the last update.

Downtown's New Post District Taking Shape

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottharding View Post

September 11, 2021...And I drove by the Post District today, and now that it's shaping up, it strikes me how huge that project is. It's going to be incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
New Video - Check it out! https://vimeo.com/412845589

GALE STREET APARTMENTS
Salt Lake City, UT

Lowe Property Group & Q Factor
5 buildings | 580 units | 461,921 sf residential | 26,833 sf retail

This mixed-use project consists of five buildings with 580-units and 26,833 sf of retail within Type IIIA over Type IA construction. Located in the D-2 downtown area of Salt Lake City, this project will be a catalyst for fostering the development of a sustainable urban neighborhood. The five buildings of new construction are sited to retain existing adaptive-reuse structures to create the “complete block” of old and new. The design promotes a
pedestrian-oriented development with a strong emphasis on scale in an urban context.

https://i.imgur.com/rFbAbKu.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7cRdGin.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ljT6DrO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vEIBewE.jpg

July 30, 2020 - A to Z Historic Reconstruction

In addition to new construction, historic restoration, and adaptive reuse mixed in with the massive project continues. The A to Z historic produce building is the first example completed.

Salt Lake City, UT | July 30, 2020 - https://www.cbre.us/people-and-offic...-reuse-project

The Salt Lake City office of CBRE has been selected to oversee leasing of the A&Z Building, the former home of A&Z Produce and adaptive reuse project in The Post District, a $300 million master-planned neighborhood development. Scott
Wilmarth, Nadia Letey and Melina Miramontes will oversee the office leasing requirement.

The A&Z Building is a three-story office building with a garden level, totaling approximately 36,000 square feet. Renovations are already underway, and the building should be ready for occupancy in September of this year. The renovation
transforms an old produce building into a space that unites the historic nature of the structure with a modern aesthetic, featuring exposed brick and beam finishes. The A&Z Building will share an above-grade parking structure with an
adjacent building and has a surface lot that can facilitate additional future phases of development.

"The Post District is a timely development that will redefine the western perimeter of downtown's Central Business District, and the A&Z Building is the first step in this paramount undertaking" noted Nadia Letey, first vice president of CBRE.
"Careful consideration has been taken in the master plan to ensure that the needs of the neighborhood and local businesses have been addressed, including space for housing, retail, and local artist installations in addition to the planned
office space."

The A&Z Building is part of The Post District, a major renovation in the area that aims to revitalize a 14-acre region bordering downtown's Central Business District. The Post District is a $300 million master-planned neighborhood development
with 580 new residential units and over 300,000 square feet of new and redeveloped commercial space providing creative office, walkable restaurants, cafes, shops, open green space, public plazas and more. The initial office developments
are taking place on the southern block of 500 South spanning from 300 West to 400 West.[/B]

Interior Photos of the A to Z restoration

Construction Timeline, January 2021

MVE Architects

April 2021

Kim Raff for the Wall Street Journal

June 13, 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC PopPunk View Post
Here is the Post District. Mostly doing foundation work, but some framing has started.

Photos By SLC PopPunk

August 2, 2021

Photo By Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

September 16, 2021

Photo By Reeder113

September 26, 2021

Photos By Blah_Amazing

December 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
MVE just posted a nice update for the Post District.

Photos Courtesy of MVE Architecture

February 16, 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
Some more photos of the Post District for good measure. I love the way it's filling in this area!

Photos By Bob Rulz

Most Recently Released Interior/Exterior Renderings

https://www.rentcafe.com/apartments/...e/default.aspx

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paniolo Man View Post
The theater is completely gone.

With the impact of rising interest rates, this site may stay as a hole for quite a while. Like Sugar Hole, this may become Theater Hole.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 4:07 PM

Don’t say that Orlando! Would they have their financing in place already? Hopefully you don’t have inside knowledge that is bad ?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 5:03 PM

Except Hines is already moving ahead with their plans to redo the South Temple Tower as well as 150 S Main. That makes me think they are not too concerned about financing projects right now.

At least that's how it seems to me.

Last edited by Blah_Amazing; Jun 28, 2022 at 5:23 PM.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 5:07 PM

The chances are far more likely that they already have their financing in place. Hines is one of the most successful, prolific development firms in the world. Also, multi-unit residential in Salt Lake is way underserved and playing a game of catchup. At this point for this particular project, the typical supply chain issues, design modifications, and labor shortages are much more likely to be issue blips than interest rates.

Your post Blah came in just before mine and you mentioned So. Temple. That made me wonder just how many projects in places like Houston, Texas in general, or all over the U.S. and the World Hines is actively developing right now. Just a shallow dive seemed to turn up an amazing array of major developments

Last edited by delts145; Jun 28, 2022 at 5:22 PM.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 5:08 PM

Orlando and Dave, with Hines moving forward on a complete remodel/rebuild of the University Club Building on South Temple, I would think that their financing should be fine. At least I would hope. It would definitely be a bad look if they worked so hard to get the theater demolished and then let it sit for an extended period of time. I am hopeful they will get started before the end of the year.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 7:04 PM

BTW, the Utah State Prison in Salt Lake City has completed.
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-...on-set-to-open

So Salt Lake City will actually get a couple thousand person boost to its census in 2030 because of it.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 8:51 PM
Eschew Obfuscation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
BTW, the Utah State Prison in Salt Lake City has completed.
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local-...on-set-to-open

So Salt Lake City will actually get a couple thousand person boost to its census in 2030 because of it.
Here are a few recent pics of the new prison:

https://www.axios.com/local/salt-lak...salt-lake-city

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 9:49 PM
Ironweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Yes, Thank you Blah for your continuing updates. They make a major contribution to this being one of the better local forums. Also, Paniolo Man for your great photo updates. Very much appreciated, especially for those of us living out of state right now.

Here's some of the more recently released renderings of the Post House District. If any of you could give us a construction update that would be.
The Post district development is fantastic. Like an Oasis in a desert. looking forward to it's opening. Hopefully, it will be an impetus to redo the block to the east eventually.

Does the new prison have Comrade's room ready, yet?

JK bro! I'm teasing you. (Clowns scare me)

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 9:51 PM

:-(

All the posts make me sad today. Come October I will no longer have any property in Utah. I’ll be placing the last townhome for sell in a few days. It’s bittersweet. I love Salt Lake City. So much. I kinda always hoped we would find our way back. So now I’ll just be there to visit family. Salt lake is really an amazing city. I am so jealous that you will all get to see these projects grow.

Moment over. Carry on.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 11:15 PM

The Post District is an incredible project for salt lake and Lowe Property Group is doing awesome things in both Sugarhouse and Downtown. They seem to have the best quality projects in the mid rise apartment category. The adaptive reuse of the A&Z produce is also amazing and a good example of something we need to continue doing downtown.

As for Hines I wouldn't be worried for the time being. Their portfolio of upcoming projects really is something, my personal favorite being 50 Main St in San Francisco. It will be cool to see them add another 1000ft tower to an already incredible cityscape. It's does make me wish they built this main st tower higher than 392 ft though as they certainly have the resources to do so. This site was prime for a 500ft tower. Still even at 392 ft it should look nice in the front of the skyline.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 11:35 PM

Tradition Point Breaks Ground

Old Posted Jun 29, 2022, 3:10 AM
Lahaina Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
Here's some of the more recently released renderings of the Post House District. If any of you could give us a construction update that would be fantastic. It's been four and a half months since the last update.
Those damn billboards still have me seeing red...

Back home in Hawaii billboards are BANNED, Utah should take a hint.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2022, 5:15 AM

Utah will never. Too much Reagan donation money.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2022, 9:02 PM

Our Supreme Court also basically just ruled that the state can take land from cities without repurcussion. All hail the Inland Port.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2022, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
Our Supreme Court also basically just ruled that the state can take land from cities without repurcussion. All hail the Inland Port.
I mean, that kinda makes sense though. The US Constitution grants all other rights to the States. Cities are just legal and regional constructs that the states create themselves. So of course they have the power to move land around from one entity to another. Depending on a State's Constitution, a State could dissolve an entire city if it wishes. So this shouldn't be too surprising.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West