HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 15, 2021, 11:38 PM

^Thanks for posting. I emailed with Wilmington's zoning board and they sent me some more info.

517 N. Shipley project takes up the whole block, but the tower portion sits on the 6th Street side. Two smaller buildings run up and down Orange and Shipley Streets from the tower. The renderings below seem to be early drawings but I'll take it.

The building is 11 floors tall, but the 11th floor level is 16 feet tall (5 feet taller than the other floors) and is wrapped on 3 sides with a tinted glass railing, and there are many entrances/exits to the 11th floor outdoor terrace area which perhaps makes it possible this will be the site of a rooftop bar/lounge? Or maybe, simply rooftop amenities for residences. There is a 6 foot slab/mechanical level on top of the 11th floor level ... I'm really trying to push this to the 12 floors threshold as best as I can (haha!).

Edit: there actually is a legit level below the first floor on much of the building, that isn't counted as a floor (see the red circle below, and Orange Street side rendering). Soo 12 floors?!!

6th Street:

Shipley Street:

Orange Street:

Last edited by Jawnadelphia; Mar 16, 2021 at 1:07 AM.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 1:21 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Now thats amazing a whole block of building. it's gonna start the change for downtown and looks like we are getting the infill we need.

Did you see anything about the 11 story tower on Avenue of the arts? is that the PHASE 2 building of the building capano or pettenario built?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Now thats amazing a whole block of building. it's gonna start the change for downtown and looks like we are getting the infill we need.

Did you see anything about the 11 story tower on Avenue of the arts? is that the PHASE 2 building of the building capano or pettenario built?
Yeah, it’s Capano’s Phase 2. The building matches the first one—same brick colors, everything. But this building is going to sit on top of a 3 floor parking garage. It’s really - 3 floors of parking, 1 big floor of lobby and amenity space, and 7 floors of apartments on top. So add it all up, 11 floors. I have some renderings I’ll post tomorrow (but it’s basically a twin of the first one).

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 1:37 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
Yeah, it’s Capano’s Phase 2. The building matches the first one—same brick colors, everything. But this building is going to sit on top of a 3 floor parking garage. It’s really - 3 floors of parking, 1 big floor of lobby and amenity space, and 7 floors of apartments on top. So add it all up, 11 floors. I have some renderings I’ll post tomorrow (but it’s basically a twin of the first one).
Beautiful

Any word on that Big Fish Group development or anything else?

Also on 517 is that building to the left being integrated into the tower or is it being destroyed I can't picture that whole plan fitting on that one block?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 1:44 AM

Quote:
^Thanks for posting. I emailed with Wilmington's zoning board and they sent me some more info.

517 N. Shipley project takes up the whole block, but the tower portion sits on the 6th Street side. Two smaller buildings run up and down Orange and Shipley Streets from the tower. The renderings below seem to be early drawings but I'll take it.

The building is 11 floors tall, but the 11th floor level is 16 feet tall (5 feet taller than the other floors) and is wrapped on 3 sides with a tinted glass railing, and there are many entrances/exits to the 11th floor outdoor terrace area which perhaps makes it possible this will be the site of a rooftop bar/lounge? Or maybe, simply rooftop amenities for residences. There is a 6 foot slab/mechanical level on top of the 11th floor level ... I'm really trying to push this to the 12 floors threshold as best as I can (haha!).

Edit: there actually is a legit level below the first floor on much of the building, that isn't counted as a floor (see the red circle below, and Orange Street side rendering). Soo 12 floors?!!

6th Street:

Shipley Street:

Orange Street:
How tall is that floor “below” the first floor? What street would it face?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 1:45 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Oh snap Summers Is here.

*Prays for the first Wilmington Thread in years*

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 2:10 AM

I would count that as 12 stories.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
I would count that as 12 stories.
I think so too. As long as it’s 8 FT or taller and is an occupiable floor, I’ll allow it.

Also, when the eff did you move to Chicago?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 2:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
I think so too. As long as it’s 8 FT or taller and is an occupiable floor, I’ll allow it.

Looks like it is 9 to 14 feet tall in various places if I am reading this designs right -- which I admit, I am a layman!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Beautiful

Any word on that Big Fish Group development or anything else?

Also on 517 is that building to the left being integrated into the tower or is it being destroyed I can't picture that whole plan fitting on that one block?
I think the smaller, older building at the corner of 5th and Shipley is staying as-is. I don't think BPG owns it, and they are essentially building around it.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 2:57 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
I think the smaller, older building at the corner of 5th and Shipley is staying as-is. I don't think BPG owns it, and they are essentially building around it.
Hmm interesting, I rather they incorporate it into the design thats gonna look a little weird eh?

the blueprints don't even show it so I wonder if they were trying to buy it and couldn't.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 3:05 AM

Here is Capano's "Avenue of the Arts" - Phase 2 at the Riverfront:

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 3:22 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Here is Capano's "Avenue of the Arts" - Phase 2 at the Riverfront:

Holy wow that's gonna be a tall boy.

I wonder if they can incorporate some vines on that garage tho, give it a nice look.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Looks like it is 9 to 14 feet tall in various places if I am reading this designs right -- which I admit, I am a layman!
I'll allow a thread! That's 12 floors in my opinion. Someone make one! Congrats Wilmington. A 12-floor and 11-floor building proposed almost simultaneously? That's awesome!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post

Moved in with Loyola friends when Drexel went online. I'll be back in September!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgrath618 View Post
Moved in with Loyola friends when Drexel went online. I'll be back in September!
Gotcha Gotcha. You better be! Haha. Hope you're enjoying your time out there.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 5:47 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Also another project on Market St

Source:Wilmington DE reddit.

Summers I think you may want to make a Wilmington thread, we may have a boom on our hands now!!

Last edited by TonyTone; Mar 16, 2021 at 5:48 PM. Reason: Source

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 7:36 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Found a link with some projects going on looks like we got some money flowing

https://business.delaware.gov/2019/0...r-and-milford/

https://delawarebusinessnow.com/2019...pment-program/

https://news.delaware.gov/2019/02/13...unding-awards/

Wilmington

517 Shipley LLC plans to construct a new multifamily development modeled on the success of the nearby Residences at Midtown Park. The project will contain 208 units and include two levels of parking.

519 N. Market LLC plans to redevelop and renovate a beautiful historic building that comprises the northern boundary of “Willington Square” and across the street from the “Old Town Hall” building which was recently renovated by the Delaware Historical Society and is in proximity to several popular restaurants. The redevelopment plan is to renovate the entire building into a hotel, with 33 hotel rooms and a restaurant/hotel lobby and business center on the ground floor.

BPG Office Partners VIII LLC plans to renovate some of the upper floors in the Nemours Residential building on North Orange Street to transform the 85 executive suites into apartment units as well as adding an additional 75 apartment units.

Ministry of Caring, Inc. plans to repair and renovate 403 N. Washington St., an abandoned and dilapidated residence, and attach it to 401 N. Washington St., the St. Josephine Bakhita House. The project will expand the capacity to house members of the organization’s religious staff.

New Compton Towne Associates, LP plans to make significant improvements to the 76 townhouse-style apartments which offer critical, family‐specific affordable housing on the East Side of Wilmington. The goal is to enhance the curb appeal and usability with accessibility improvements.

Shipley Partners LLC plans to redevelop 803 Shipley Street as two floors of retail and office space while demolishing two-thirds of 805 Shipley Street and adaptively reusing other portions of the building for a restaurant and bar, with an event space on the second floor and a yoga studio on the third floor. Following the demolition of the easterly portion of the structures at 805 Shipley Street, this site will be combined with the unused portions of the site cleared at 807 Shipley Street and a 4,300 square foot beer garden and food truck court will be constructed to complement the adjacent bar and restaurant.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 9:05 PM

I think the Wilmington thread is a great idea given the level of activity. I recently biked the rail trail from the Amtrak station over to New Castle on the river. It's a nice trail.

While we're at it . . .

It would be really helpful if the Transportation thread was permanently fixed at the top of the Philadelphia page, similar to the Highrise, Lowrise, Metro, and perhaps (future) Wilmington threads. Many of the discussions drift into the transportation topic, and I know there are many of us with a real interest in the rails/subways/trolleys. If it were permanently posted front and center, I think it would generate a lot of discussion and content.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2021, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700 Level View Post
I think the Wilmington thread is a great idea given the level of activity. I recently biked the rail trail from the Amtrak station over to New Castle on the river. It's a nice trail.

While we're at it . . .

It would be really helpful if the Transportation thread was permanently fixed at the top of the Philadelphia page, similar to the Highrise, Lowrise, Metro, and perhaps (future) Wilmington threads. Many of the discussions drift into the transportation topic, and I know there are many of us with a real interest in the rails/subways/trolleys. If it were permanently posted front and center, I think it would generate a lot of discussion and content.
That thread is in a separate forum, unfortunately. Can't be tagged here.

(Though, some other city compilations have them on their pages )

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations