HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 9:40 PM

CINCINNATI l 4th and Race l FT l 14 FLOORS

Cincinnati to demolish Pogue's Garage, build 30-story tower
Quote:
The city of Cincinnati is planning to build a 30-story mixed-use high-rise at the site of the existing Pogue's Garage in downtown.

City Manager Milton Dohoney revealed the plans for the Fourth and Race Street site during a city council Budget and Finance Committee meeting Tuesday.

The project calls for the renovation of Tower Place Mall into 500 additional parking spaces and street level retail. The city is working with JDL Warm on this portion of the development.

The city then plans to demolish the existing Pogue's Garage next door, and to replace it with 300 luxury apartments, 1,000 parking spaces, a 15,000-square-foot grocery store. The grocery store would be new to the Cincinnati market.
Source: http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnat...es-garage.html

Last edited by natiboy; Apr 2, 2013 at 5:44 PM.

Old Posted Feb 19, 2013, 10:22 PM

Im OVERLY EXCITED...AS I HEARD THE NEWS ON WLWT NEWS 5

Cincinnati,OHIO .....will be a NEW MECCA at the top of the List when it comes to River Cities that actually have their downtown on the RIVERFRONT THIS NEW BUILDING WILL LOOK NICE....and pretty to our SKYLINE....I WISH SOMEONE WILL MAKE A PICTURE WITH IT ACTUALLY BUILT IN OUR SKYLINE SO WE CAN GET a VISUAL on how it will actually look.....TAKE THAT Louisville, Indianapolis, Columbus, Cleveland, and st.louis copy cat cities!!!.........CINCINNATI THE NEW CAPITAL OF THE MIDWEST Chicago took our swag in the 1930's but we will come back.....from the dirt and dust......NOW THATS WHAT U CALL RESURGENCE to my fellow CINCINNATIANS!!

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 7:24 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Looks mighty impressive =)

Old Posted Feb 20, 2013, 4:41 PM

Here's another rendering:

Source: http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2.../BIZ/302190101

Old Posted Feb 22, 2013, 9:06 AM
Paramoderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontall View Post
Cincinnati,OHIO .....will be a NEW MECCA at the top of the List when it comes to River Cities that actually have their downtown on the RIVERFRONT THIS NEW BUILDING WILL LOOK NICE....and pretty to our SKYLINE....I WISH SOMEONE WILL MAKE A PICTURE WITH IT ACTUALLY BUILT IN OUR SKYLINE SO WE CAN GET a VISUAL on how it will actually look.....TAKE THAT Louisville, Indianapolis, Columbus, Cleveland, and st.louis copy cat cities!!!.........CINCINNATI THE NEW CAPITAL OF THE MIDWEST Chicago took our swag in the 1930's but we will come back.....from the dirt and dust......NOW THATS WHAT U CALL RESURGENCE to my fellow CINCINNATIANS!!
wut

Old Posted Feb 22, 2013, 9:13 AM

Quote:
Best 1st post ever.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2013, 3:37 PM
B!tchslapping Since 1998

Quote:
As a fellow Cincinnatian, I'm embarrassed.

Otherwise, I'm glad this tower is replacing Tower Place garage.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2013, 3:39 PM

Really the architecture is nothing to get super excited over. Its a standard mid-rise residential tower (albeit a modern addition that balances the skyline a bit)...

The brilliance in this project is that it is REdevelopment of un-needed land use with a mix of needed uses.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2013, 7:59 PM
Meh

Good filler building. I do like the top, and that base isn't bad either. Hopefully Cincinnati gets back into a building boom downtown. I remember reading an article on the forum recently saying the city was refocusing on its downtown and encouraging development there. There certainly has been some lately, so I hope it continues.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2013, 8:07 PM
Meh

Question, is this the same development as this one: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=199955

?

Old Posted Feb 22, 2013, 8:37 PM

^No. That site was originally supposed to have a 30ish story residential component and a rumored grocery component, but that was nixed when DunnhumbyUSA decided to occupy the whole of the site for their ever expanding business.

This is quite possibly the result of that tower not happening. It would make sense.

As for a building boom, it really is picking up in recent years. Residential conversions are starting to happen in a lot of the older office buildings and new construction is also beginning to pick up as well as the continuation of mass renovations of older residential buildings throughout Downtown and Over the Rhine.

It feels like only a matter of time before we start seeing more buildings of this size spring up on vacant lots and that's going to be a wonderful time to be in the city. Well, it already is a wonderful time with all the progress, but it's only going to get better

Old Posted Feb 22, 2013, 8:44 PM
Eurosceptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontall
That was awesome.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergrey View Post
That was awesome.
I don't check the Cincinnati threads too often. But if that's the kind of stuff that goes on here, I'm in.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2013, 3:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post
I don't check the Cincinnati threads too often. But if that's the kind of stuff that goes on here, I'm in.
Don't encourage him

Old Posted Feb 23, 2013, 7:47 PM
Ascension

Damn that Chicago. Always stealing swag.

Old Posted Feb 23, 2013, 9:34 PM

Quote:
I'm glad Cincinnati is seeing a good amount of downtown revitalization, but so is every other city that you just bashed and called......"copycats"? Just because Cincinnati is seeing some nice towers going up doesn't mean its Midwestern peer cities will not. Cities just develop differently. Here in St. Louis we still have about a dozen or so historic buildings, the size of a city block, with redevelopment plans lined up waiting for funding. We also have one of the strongest rental markets in the Midwest right now. I'm sure when they get filled up we will see similar projects and will that makes us copycats? That's as weird as me saying that Cincinnati is a copycat and not the real deal, because St. Louis built its light rail 20 years ago and Cincinnati is just getting a streetcar....see how stupid that is?

Old Posted Feb 23, 2013, 9:35 PM

This building is going to be great. Cincy has had a little hi rise boom the last couple of years and that project called "The Banks" is awesome. I really would like to see St. Louis use a similar strategy in our landing district north of the Arch.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2013, 3:10 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post
Best 1st post ever.

LOL !!

Old Posted Feb 24, 2013, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat314 View Post
I'm glad Cincinnati is seeing a good amount of downtown revitalization, but so is every other city that you just bashed and called......"copycats"?
Thankfully the rest of us in Cincinnati do not feel this way. I know I'm happy to see any city invested in, especially our older Midwestern cities which suffered from decades of decline. I don't really follow St. Louis much so I'm happy to hear that it is also doing well in many regards.

As for The Banks, it is a great project in combination with the shrinking and eventual capping of the highways that cut the waterfront off from Downtown and the new Riverfront Park make it a great extension of the city towards the water. Architecturally it leaves something to be desired, but urbanistically it is going to be pretty awesome in around 20 or so years when everything has been finished and has had time to settle in. I know I'm excited

Old Posted Feb 28, 2013, 5:44 AM

Here's what this building could look like in Cincinnati's skyline:

Render created by Mappy

Render created by jmicha

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive