HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

3 Hudson Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 12:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
I believe though the NYSE Tower was scrapped because of 9/11. What a kick in the ass that was.
No, you're talking about the 900 ft tower that was planned accross from the current NYSE home. Trump had another proposal near the piers, about twice that height. As I recall, the main tower itself wasn't to be home to the Exchange.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Nov 3, 2007 at 12:24 PM.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 12:18 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
i cant understand is where Trump is on all this? From the inception of the far west side i always thought Trump would finally go for a landmark here. he let extel and brookfield and all other gobble up the prime spots. wtf?? his most daring projects get diluted for one reason or another and here finally he has basically a no limits playground and he's too busy in every other city to bother with his hometown? way to drop the ball
You can never count Trump out. He'll be back claiming to construct the "biggest" or "best" something of New York sooner or later.

viewimages.com

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 12:20 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianXSands View Post
trump soho is his BEST project, hands down.
You joke, but the way Trump danced around those NIMBYs was classic.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 1:44 PM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
This wasn't scrapped...this is freedom Tower.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 1:50 PM
Baltimore's Rep in SC.

New York City is WHITE HOT!!!

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 3:19 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliance View Post
Imo, Trump genrally drops the ball. Why? Because he develops on image, not quality. I have a large "Trump dropped the ball" too.
Donald Trump is hands down the most "get the job done" developer on the planet. I love his buildings and I admire his style.

If any developer can fight off the NIMBY's and build a 72 floor residential building next to the U.N.........enough said. Trump will get his supertall for the city. Its just a matter of when.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 3:30 PM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

Quote:
Donald Trump is hands down the most "get the job done" developer on the planet. I love his buildings and I admire his style.
All Trump builds is crap.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 4:24 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Well this is the point of the road where it comes down to personal opinion.

Now back to the GiraSole.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 6:06 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Apparently, crap is very successful these days. It's why Trump's name is appearing in so many cities on so many towers now.

Some would argue that the Girasole is crap, but it has really grown on me. As we've seen from the photos, it joins Steven Holl's tower as the first major towers on the west side to begin site prep stages.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 7:50 PM

Last night I puffed the magic dragon and went on a rant to my suite mate about how great of a news this is, getting the usual "hah, building geek!", rightfully accepting the title, and calling him a computer geek in return.

But seriously, can someone put together a map of all major West Side developments that list locations/heignts of the major proposed towers?

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 9:44 PM
The True Avatar

I like this tower, but at the same time find it boring. It does not look like a 1000 footer to me.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2007, 10:55 PM

there must be almost 10 buildings over 1000 feet either seriously proposed or under construction right now in NYC. Can any city save Dubai claim this? Maybe Hong Kong, Shanghai?

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 12:27 AM
NEW YORK | CHICAGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
there must be almost 10 buildings over 1000 feet either seriously proposed or under construction right now in NYC. Can any city save Dubai claim this? Maybe Hong Kong, Shanghai?
Chicago.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 12:40 AM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
there must be almost 10 buildings over 1000 feet either seriously proposed or under construction right now in NYC.
And this is just the beginning.

As the entire Westside development plays out... watch out!

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 1:07 AM

Quote:
Chicago.
it wont hold it for long u guys only have the sears tower the aon center AT&T Corporate Center and the johnhancock center that have hights 1000 feet and over.

for now we have the empire state building the new york times tower and the Chrysler Building but the Bank of America Tower is almost done so that will make it 4 and if you include the Condé Nast Building (Four Times Square)antenna, that makes it 5 so that is more then chicago

and once the freedom tower and 200 Greenwich Street and 175 Greenwich Street are complted we will have more buildings over 1000 ft.

but chicago will hold the record for haveing more then one building over 100 floors with the chicago spire and the propossed Waldorf-Astoria Hotel and Residence Tower and also the sears tower and the johnhancock center

were as new york will only have the empire state building and the freedom tower unless anything else is proposed that has 100 floors or more

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 1:10 AM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedone View Post
it wont hold it for long u guys only have the sears tower the aon center AT&T Corporate Center and the johnhancock center

for now we have the empire statie building the new york times tower and the Chrysler Building but the Bank of America Tower is almost done so that will make it 4 and if you include the Condé Nast Building (Four Times Square)antenna, that makes it 5 so that more then chicago and once the freedom tower and 200 Greenwich Street and175 Greenwich Street are compalted we will ahve more buildings over 1000 ft and thats just a few
Your walking into the snake pit saying that.

Last edited by Dac150; Nov 4, 2007 at 1:23 AM.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 1:16 AM
Frigidus Maximus

OH OH, here comes Steely Dan to put out the latest New York vs. Chicago outbreak!!!

Don't Tase Me, Bro!

OOOWWWWWW!!!!!

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 11:38 AM

I meant under construction and proposed only. I believe NYC has more 1000+ proposals on the table right now, three at the WTC alone, two on far west side, BofA and NYTimes that come to mind immediately.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 2:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecom View Post
But seriously, can someone put together a map of all major West Side developments that list locations/heignts of the major proposed towers?
We don't have exact height figures for the towers, but there's a pic posted on the first page of various developments.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2007, 2:30 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Your walking into the snake pit saying that.
Be wary of posters with single digit post counts, as its obviously some troll looking for trouble. No sane person begins posting in the forum with ridiculous comments, its usually someone who's a member already.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction