HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Hermitage Plaza I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Courbevoie (Paris) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Sep 21, 2013, 10:46 AM

^ Maybe not, though, cause la Défense is not a prime location yet. But I don't know. Penthouses in there might well go completely insane indeed. Once these are built, I'd like to hear of highrises planned to the other side of the river anyway, in Neuilly-sur-Seine to expand that highrise cluster on both banks, that would improve the district skyline. If that ever happened, that's possible on the long run, then sure people who'll be living Hermitage would badly complain. But then again, views are no legitimate properties IMHO.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2013, 1:26 PM
Meh

I really like these. I usually don't like "top heavy" towers, but I'll cut these some slack for the different angles and bracing. I also really like the color. I hope they really do end up being silvery.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Sep 23, 2013, 5:41 PM

Why do people keep calling them top-heavy? It's a visual effect... they twist.

They are no more top-heavy than Turning Torso and that's one of the best skyscrapers built in the past two decades.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2013, 2:55 AM
Monomania w/ Skyscrapers

That view is stunning in the render, must be a penthouse view.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2013, 6:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10023 View Post
Why do people keep calling them top-heavy? It's a visual effect... they twist.
Sort of. Norman Foster managed to get the upper floors mainly oriented to the east (inner Paris) and to the west (la Défense's highrises) because these are by far the most dramatic views from up there. I find his design pretty conventional, it's nothing eccentric (which makes it humble in that respect only) but it's quite smart and stylish.

We actually don't know when construction will begin yet. Maybe (if not probably) not before 2015. But these will be built. Thanks to the developer and his partners who seem pretty ballsy and very daring. Mad respect to them.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2013, 10:39 AM

Some significant progress in the series of judicial appeals.

Quote:
I and the team of HERMITAGE Group are pleased to announce that the claims aigainst the project Hermitage Plaza initiated by the association ‘Vivre à la Défense’ were rejected by the Justice Court!
Emin Iskenderov
http://hermitage.fr/blog/

"Vivre à la Défense" is done. They're supposed to pay hundreds of thousands of euros for their fury in courts against the project. Entraves are getting cleared step by step.
Guess the Damiers eyesore will finally be demolished next year, making way to the Hermitage construction.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2013, 3:33 PM

Some NEWS: according to the boss of Hermitage, to whom I've directly asked the question, the administrative court of appeal of Versailles will examine the appeals against the demolition permits in the first quarter of 2014. Hermitage can't demolish the current ugly buildings that stand on the site where the Hermitage Towers will be built as long as those appeals are pending. The opponents to the project submitted their appeals in July 2012 (after a complicated judicial process that would be too long to explain), so I was wondering when the Versailles court would finally rule on the matter, and according to Hermitage's boss it's gonna be in the first quarter of next year (no exact date scheduled yet).

The administrative court of appeal of Versailles will most likely reject the appeals against the demolition permits, which means Hermitage will most likely be able to start demolition right after the ruling. The last remaining tenants who refuse to leave could be expelled after the end of the "winter truce" that expires in March 2014 (in France, tenants cannot be evicted during the "winter truce" from November to March).

Next year will be a decisive year for this project.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2013, 9:45 PM

Another milestone for the Hermitage Towers project: the last dissenting condominium bordering the future towers has given its consent last night to the agreement with the Hermitage developer. 75% of the condo owners approved the agreement. This removes a major hurdle, because the demolition of the ugly buildings standing on the site where the Hermitage Towers will be built couldn't be go ahead as long as the neighboring condos didn't sign an agreement with the Hermitage developer (because those neighboring condos share some utilities with the buildings to be demolished, such as heating pipes).

The ugly buildings that need to be demolished to build the Hermitage Towers:

Old Posted Jan 7, 2014, 5:40 AM
BANNED

Absolutely beautiful, I really hope these get built, two new supertalls for Europe would be great , but I hope they hurry up, the more time goes by, the less likely this is to happen

Old Posted Jan 10, 2014, 10:24 PM

We plan to begin the demolition during the first half of 2014. The demolition will take between 6 months and 1 year, then the foundation will be dug. It will take about 1 year because it’s depth is 70 meters.

Says the always optimistic Hermitage CEO on his blog. 2015, or 2016 at worst, I assume.
Notice the 230 ft depth of the foundation, probably due to the river and a wet soil.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2014, 10:31 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Brisavoine View Post
Some NEWS: according to the boss of Hermitage, to whom I've directly asked the question, the administrative court of appeal of Versailles will examine the appeals against the demolition permits in the first quarter of 2014. Hermitage can't demolish the current ugly buildings that stand on the site where the Hermitage Towers will be built as long as those appeals are pending. The opponents to the project submitted their appeals in July 2012 (after a complicated judicial process that would be too long to explain), so I was wondering when the Versailles court would finally rule on the matter, and according to Hermitage's boss it's gonna be in the first quarter of next year (no exact date scheduled yet).

The administrative court of appeal of Versailles will most likely reject the appeals against the demolition permits, which means Hermitage will most likely be able to start demolition right after the ruling. The last remaining tenants who refuse to leave could be expelled after the end of the "winter truce" that expires in March 2014 (in France, tenants cannot be evicted during the "winter truce" from November to March).

Next year will be a decisive year for this project.
"Winter truce", that's a good idea, I've never heard of that before, I assume its to protect tenants and stop them from being evicted during the cold months of winter in Northern Europe ?

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 2:17 PM

This project is really great and would definitely put La Defense on the map. How many people are left in the building about to be demolished 2, 3? It' s such a shame that this project is constantly delayed by only 10 nimbies. Hatt off to this Russian developer to keep on fighting to make it happen. Unfortunately, I have the feeling that after the last tenant has leaved the place, the developer will then have to face further attacks regarding the height of the towers. I hope I am wrong but given the general opinion about skyscrapers in France I am afraid that the more likely it is to happen, the more detractors will stand on its way.

Old Posted May 29, 2014, 5:59 PM

Somebody on the French-speaking subforum of SSC quotes Hermitage's CEO Emin Iskenderov who would've stated that the Versailles court will arbitrate 3 hostile appeals by the end of the year. I'm not worried about the court deliberation, those appeals are certainly doomed to lose.

However, things got a little tense between France and Russia lately, because of those bad events in Ukraine. It's an annoying story of a couple of warships that France is supposed to sell to Mr Putin. The US wouldn't like that idea of French warships in the Russian navy, putting France under pressure on that issue. Our problem is those ships are part of a bigger deal involving some Russian investments in France. That's where I''ve been a little worried. Hermitage's funding widely depends on Russian bank Sberbank, if I remember well. It is definitely managed by some people close to Putin somehow. If he doesn't get his warships, he may get angry at us and mess up every single Russian project in France. While of course developer Iskenderov has definitely absolutely nothing to do with that. He may be a Russian citizen, he's actually mainly a Parisian, having spent most of his life in our city. I mean he's no oligarch established in Russia, he's actually just a Parisian business guy.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2014, 8:44 PM

Hello everyone !

I'm a french new member. I currently live right next to the Résidence des Damiers. So I can take and share photos every month (or every week), when construction will start.
See you soon.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2014, 7:45 PM

^ Parfait !

I'm just afraid we still have plenty of time before the work gets started. Your camera might remain bored till sometime next year (at best), then suddenly turn burning hot, hopefully!

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 4:45 PM

Yes I hope it will start soon. But Les Damiers are not distroyed yet.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2014, 6:41 AM

Old Posted Aug 28, 2014, 2:03 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity to have some benches and small trees/greenery along that elevated river walk so that people can sit out there and enjoy lunch next to the river. Otherwise this looks pretty phenomenal.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Aug 28, 2014, 3:02 PM

I'm probably in the minority here, but I just can't warm up to these towers. Up close they look great, but from a distance they look awkward to me.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2014, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepstar View Post
(...) from a distance they look awkward to me.
I guess that would be only for a while...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive