HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 14, 2023, 10:53 PM

People still defending him. Lol. Honestly amazing how much crap people will stomach when the person is on their team. Tribalism at its finest. What will it take for NDP supporters to see this man is not a good person. They can see the dust in the conservatives eyes, but can’t see the logs in their own. Sad. When did our expectations get so low?

Old Posted Apr 15, 2023, 2:03 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I've never voted NDP in my life but OK
My apologies, you have always come across as much smarter than an NDP voter!

Probably a lot more handsome as well!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 3:06 PM
BANNED

New take on Wab and Oby's handshake gate

http://blackrod.blogspot.com/2023/04...handshake.html

excerpt:

But has any other member of the Legislature been so repeatedly accused of intimidating behaviour? Just a sample of the complaints over the years before and after he became an MLA:

* trying to intimidate a Muslim MLA in the Legislature
* pushing a black woman off a curb as she campaigned against his party
* telling a quadriplegic MLA in a wheelchair to "shut up"
* manhandling his girlfriend before she had him charged with domestic assault
* beating up a taxi driver while yelling racial comments after being caught skipping out on the fare

If anyone else had this list of offensive behaviour, the Left would be screaming for his head. Apparently, though, this behaviour is perfectly acceptable when it’s done by the Left`s favorite son.

Six months ago the Left`s previous champion, Glen Murray, was the undeniable, unbeatable front-runner to be Winnipeg`s next mayor. But when people found out about his real character, his lead melted as quickly as a snowbank on a warm Winnipeg spring day.

Marolyn Morrison, the mayor of a small community in Ontario, told of how Murray tried to intimidate her into changing her vote on a zoning issue by casually mentioning that there had been ``complaints`` about her, but that he could make them go away.

When she found out he was running for mayor of Winnipeg, Morrison cautioned voters.

"A leopard doesn't change its spots" she told the CBC.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 5:14 PM
What could go wrong?

Where's the video. If this is such earth shattering evidence and he has it, wouldn't it benefit him to be the one to release it (the Black Rod).

I do not like Wab, Obby seems like a nice guy, but adding in Audrey Gordon doesn't help the PC cause. She is a total twit. She even said after her allegation that she can't quite remember if Wab pushed her or she stepped back off the curb herself. I can't believe she is still employed actually.

Man, I hate all these parties. This is why I pay little attention to politics.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 5:30 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Where's the video. If this is such earth shattering evidence and he has it, wouldn't it benefit him to be the one to release it (the Black Rod).

I do not like Wab, Obby seems like a nice guy, but adding in Audrey Gordon doesn't help the PC cause. She is a total twit. She even said after her allegation that she can't quite remember if Wab pushed her or she stepped back off the curb herself. I can't believe she is still employed actually.

Man, I hate all these parties. This is why I pay little attention to politics.
This seems to be the problem in general. Politics sucks so much across the board that people will let the system die of apathy.

Of course, apathy does absolutely nothing to address the problems we have today...
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 5:43 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
My apologies, you have always come across as much smarter than an NDP voter!

Probably a lot more handsome as well!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 7:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
If this isn't trolling, I don't know what is!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
New take on Wab and Oby's handshake gate

http://blackrod.blogspot.com/2023/04...handshake.html
Blackrod. Extremely Conservative biased. Nothing is worth reading there except for the easily brainwashed.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinguni View Post
Blackrod. Extremely Conservative biased. Nothing is worth reading there except for the easily brainwashed.
The Black Rod on occasion has done excellent investigative journalism in the past (CMHR and Bipole III). However, I have been turned off by it's far right stance on most issues as of late.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 9:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
The Black Rod on occasion has done excellent investigative journalism in the past (CMHR and Bipole III). However, I have been turned off by it's far right stance on most issues as of late.
It is completely far right. There's a few things I'm pissed about with the previous NDP government, and Bipole III is one of them. Such an expensive lost opportunity not going down the east side of Lake Winnipeg. That, and what they did to North Main. However, the PC's have done irreversible damage to the province and it's going to take a lot of work for the NDP to repair it, if it can be repaired.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 9:27 PM
the first stamp is free

rrskylar is Blackrod. Prove me wrong.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 9:29 PM

Quote:
It is completely far right. There's a few things I'm pissed about with the previous NDP government, and Bipole III is one of them. Such an expensive lost opportunity not going down the east side of Lake Winnipeg. That, and what they did to North Main. However, the PC's have done irreversible damage to the province and it's going to take a lot of work for the NDP to repair it, if it can be repaired.
This is one thing I really really wish more voters would recognize: both main provincial parties have made mistakes in their time in power. This whole "your side is evil incarnate/my side is pure as the driven snow" patter is so tiring, but it seems to be increasing as people collapse into their own little pleasant information bubbles.

I'd also love to see people recognize that a person can vote for a party without needing to declare an oath of fealty to the entire party's platform or leadership. Personally i think I've voted against parties and their leaders more than I've voted for them.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
rrskylar is Blackrod. Prove me wrong.
I'm fairly certain that Marty Gold is the author.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
This is one thing I really really wish more voters would recognize: both main provincial parties have made mistakes in their time in power. This whole "your side is evil incarnate/my side is pure as the driven snow" patter is so tiring, but it seems to be increasing as people collapse into their own little pleasant information bubbles.

I'd also love to see people recognize that a person can vote for a party without needing to declare an oath of fealty to the entire party's platform or leadership. Personally i think I've voted against parties and their leaders more than I've voted for them.
I've voted for each of the 3 main parties at one time of another. I voted for the Manitoba party in one election because their candidate in my riding seemed better than the others. The NDP candidate in my riding is dynamic, so even if I wasn't in support of the NDP provincially, I'd still be supporting my local candidate.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 11:10 PM

Quote:
I've voted for each of the 3 main parties at one time of another. I voted for the Manitoba party in one election because their candidate in my riding seemed better than the others. The NDP candidate in my riding is dynamic, so even if I wasn't in support of the NDP provincially, I'd still be supporting my local candidate.
That's a good way to approach voting. Vote for the individual in your area who seems best able to make rational judgements, rather than whomever waves a particular party flag.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspeid View Post
That's a good way to approach voting. Vote for the individual in your area who seems best able to make rational judgements, rather than whomever waves a particular party flag.
Only half agree.

Our system is one characterized by party discipline and whipped votes. So even if you like your rep, you have to remember that they'll vote the way their party tells them to, and they won't really influence the direction of the government unless they're a cabinet minister.

In other words, I might think that Jon Reyes is a decent guy, but if I don't like the direction the PC party has taken for the province, I shouldn't vote for him as an individual. Like it or not our votes for MLAs are just a means to pick a governing party.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2023, 11:52 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
I'm fairly certain that Marty Gold is the author.
Yes pretty sure Marty Gold is involved, it’s an opinion blog doesn’t mean everyone should agree with it, they do bring up counterpoints to the govt. funded mainstream media!

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 1:26 PM

MB is one of the only places where archaic liquor laws exist & will continue to exist thanks to Manitoba NDP ! They blocked 2 bills from moving forward citing less $ for health care (wrong, tax will still be coming in) & don't want kids to buy vodka w their slurpee! Ridiculous!

This is hurting small business owners who were being opened up to new revenue stream (much needed) & consumer (me & you) convenience!
Some of u hate the PC Party of Manitoba, but this is ridiculous blocking these bills by the NDP. Voice your disapproval now or at election time.

Bill 9 would have permitted existing beer vendors, private wine stores and other liquor retailers to carry the full range of products offered by Liquor Marts.

Bill 30 would have established the framework for a pilot program to allow private retailers such as grocery or convenience stores to sell alcohol.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 1:44 PM

^ I don't see that as a priority at all. I don't mind the way liquor marts are set up right now. The government profits and puts the money to good use, and in turn creates good jobs in liquor marts, which are pretty nice places to shop in.

I'm not convinced that the typical model you see in the US and elsewhere of paying someone minimum wage to sit in a grimy liquor store while the owner buys a bigger boat for himself with the profits is really preferable.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2023, 1:49 PM

Agreed ^. Compared to Ontario, I’d say we have it pretty good. The private wine sellers in Winnipeg are able to bring in interesting speciality products that the LC does not bother with, and the liquor store has a considerably better selection of just about every spirit compared to Ontario.

I wish we allowed for speciality stores. I’d love a store that brings in hard to find whiskey or rum, but it really is not a priority for me.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan