HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Old Posted Jun 16, 2020, 6:54 PM
Crisp and Squishy

Seattle Abandoned

Pretty wild 4k drone footage of Seattle during lockdown, making a ghost town of its normally packed and vibrant streets.

Video Link

The accompanying article:

Seattle Abandoned

Quote:
What stands out most about Nate Luebbe’s exceptionally shot and hauntingly paced YouTube video Seattle Abandoned, a four-minute aerial glide over his hometown, is what doesn’t stand out at all: no people, no cars, no bikes, no signs of life or activity. It’s a deceptively quiet landscape that betrays the fact that, just a few months earlier, thousands of people jammed downtown on the very day, February 29, that America’s first-known case of COVID-19 was announced. Seattle had become the US epicenter of the coronavirus crisis.

Seattle Abandoned shows a city in lockdown, as disorienting as it is reorienting—an illustration of how to remake crisis into creativity, reflection, and resilience. It was filmed in the brief period between the pandemic’s onset and the protests, when the country was hit by one reckoning and at the doorstep of another. We’re treated to a time-lapse of sunrises and sunsets, with playgrounds draped in “Do Not Enter” tape—a cinematic view of a ghosted city. In Luebbe’s eyes, Seattle is both nature scene and crime scene: Just beyond the frame are the headlines and news cycles, but we don’t see the pandemic’s human toll. What we see is raw nature. To watch this footage is to come closer to the line between civilization and its undoing, between human order and disorder.
https://www.motherjones.com/recharge..._medium=social

For those willing, please share similar drone footage of your city during the lockdown.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2020, 10:29 PM
Never Dell

I'm guessing this was 6:00 am on a weekend. Daytimes are relatively empty but nothing like this.

Today things are a little more active with King County in "Phase 1.5" reopening, including most construction projects restarted, limited restaurant seating, etc. I finally got my hair cut yesterday.

Awesome views though.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2020, 8:00 PM

Sick views.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2020, 8:26 PM

Philadelphia

Video Link

Video Link

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions