HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 6, 2020, 10:06 PM
Look at me!

Montreal is Canada's most beautiful city.

Old Posted Dec 6, 2020, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
I don’t know, I am a little fickle on which city is Canada’s most beautiful (also there are variants of urban “beauty”).

That said I feel Canada has four beauty queens I flip flop between depending on my mood and the last photo dump: Montreal, Quebec City, Vancouver and Victoria.

I usually land on Victoria or Quebec City though since they both have the most even mix of urban and natural qualities that I find beautiful.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 2:08 AM

My first post : A Little stroll in Québec city

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 2:35 AM

/\ Gorgeous. And welcome to the forum!

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 3:12 AM
The Vomit Bag.

Micho, I was going to say: where are those Mtl shots from (as I don't recognize them) but then I looked again and of course you stated they are from QC. Very Montrealish nevertheless. Great set and welcome to SSP.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:02 AM
ARTchitecture

What an amazing first post! Thanks for the beautiful set.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 2:05 PM

Great pics Micho!!

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 2:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Rommheim View Post
Why do people from Montreal feel a constant urge to scratch that inferiority complex that they have? Throwing enough mud at a wall (or posting pictures) does not make it stick.

My experience with Montreal lately has been an embarrassing infrastructure reconstruction necessary because of past corruption. In the city center as well.

Actually Quebec City is by far, the most unique and for the most part "beautiful". Vancouver is also way ahead.

But...please...you guys do keep on flooding this thread with literally dozens pictures that nobody except people from Montreal comment on.

I'll just skip those and look at the others...it's much easier to take in a city's "beauty" a couple at a time.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 2:29 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Isotacky, Maybe its because your favorite person (Greta Thunberg) led a march through the city?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isotack View Post
No...they actually mean that the world is going to end. Even if they don't believe their own BS. They do it to get attention for themselves, push the government into funding fringe causes and to scare people. In the case of the Young (autistic) Sweed, she trumpets what she is told.
Why do you feel a constant urge to scratch that inferiority complex that you have with respect to Montreal? Throwing enough mud at a wall (or denigrating pictures) does not make it stick.

Quote:
This obsessive "me too please look at me too" Montreal attitude towards Toronto is getting old. Montreal does not have a skyline...there I said it! Now why doesn't Montreal focus on what they do have, instead of being jealous of Toronto all the time.
Quote:
there there Montreal (pats Montreal on the head) don't worry you have a nice skyline too!
Quote:
Montreal wants to be Paris in the worst way. They pattern those stupid lights after those in Europe
Quote:
Are you comparing Montreal's size to Toronto in your argument? Because you are going to lose. Other than that...one reason for less fatalities is due to no right on red on the island. Other than that, those lights along Sherbrooke are ...as I said, just stupid.
You seem to be a very disagreeable person. A good proportion of your posts are devoted to slagging Montreal.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 2:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Isotacky, Maybe its because your favorite person (Greta Thunberg) led a march through the city?

Why do you feel a constant urge to scratch that inferiority complex that you have with respect to Montreal? Throwing enough mud at a wall (or denigrating pictures) does not make it stick.

You seem to be a very disagreeable person. A good proportion of your posts are devoted to slagging Montreal.
And you seem to have a whole bunch of time on your hands... but your being offended makes my point.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 3:59 PM

Posting 10 to 15 Instagram pics twice a week is flooding and spaming ?

I have enough of all this negativity from the haters. I will stop posting pics in this thread as of now. Maldive, Torontodrew and all the others can have this thread all for themselves and make sure that Toronto dominates it, like it does for the rest of the Canadian forum. Have fun guys.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:14 PM
Montérégien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Mtl View Post

I have enough of all this negativity from the haters. I will stop posting pics in this thread as of now. Maldive, Torontodrew and all the others can have this thread all for themselves and make sure that Toronto dominates it, like it does for the rest of the Canadian forum. Have fun guys.
So sorry it had to end this way. I'll continue to follow you on AgoraMTL. Your contribution to this forum has been outstanding, no matter what.

It seems that many people here have a personality disorder; they confuse their own person with their city in a strange amalgam - a comment about a city becomes something personal directed towards them. Lots of hatred seem to come out from that. I never understood that.

Nonetheless, thanks for your photo essays - I've loved them all, as well as those of all these other forumers that make this forum interesting. It was nice to be able to discover Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa (recently), Montreal, Québec, Halifax and St. John's through the lenses of locals all those years. I wished every city in Canada had their own MartinMTL on this forum to share their beauty.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:20 PM

Lansdowne Park.

Alexandra Bridge, in its final decade.

Lester B. Pearson overlooking Wellington.

https://twitter.com/apt613/status/1335323055783079937

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:21 PM
Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laceoflight View Post
So sorry it had to end this way. I'll continue to follow you on AgoraMTL. Your contribution to this forum has been outstanding, no matter what.

It seems that many people here have a personality disorder; they confuse their own person with their city in a strange amalgam - a comment about a city becomes something personal directed towards them. Lots of hatred seem to come out from that. I never understood that.

Nonetheless, thanks for your photo essays - I've loved them all, as well as those of all these other forumers that make this forum interesting. It was nice to be able to discover Vancouver, Victoria, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Ottawa (recently), Montreal, Québec, Halifax and St. John's through the lenses of locals all those years. I wished every city in Canada had their own MartinMTL on this forum to share their beauty.
Agreed.
With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow - I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:25 PM

So much draaaamaaaaaaa. More pics less Jerry Springer please.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:42 PM

Quote:

Your contributions will be missed but hey, as Laceoflight pointed out, we still get to follow you on Agora/mtlurb.

Shocking how the act of posting pictures in a thread dedicated to posting pictures has generated so much venom.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Why do people from Montreal feel a constant urge to scratch that inferiority complex that they have? Throwing enough mud at a wall (or posting pictures) does not make it stick.

My experience with Montreal lately has been an embarrassing infrastructure reconstruction necessary because of past corruption. In the city center as well.

Actually Quebec City is by far, the most unique and for the most part "beautiful". Vancouver is also way ahead.

But...please...you guys do keep on flooding this thread with literally dozens pictures that nobody except people from Montreal comment on.

I'll just skip those and look at the others...it's much easier to take in a city's "beauty" a couple at a time.
Why would someone's comment, a simple matter of opinion that Montreal is Canada's most beautiful city, illicit so much obvious insecurity that it has to be attacked like this?

Not only Montrealers share such an opinion. I tend to agree.. not that that even matters though.

Montreal forumers... please continue to upload your pics of Montreal. They are ALWAYS welcome here always as are pictures from ANY of our cities, large or small.

... lets all have a little more decorum and show some maturity please.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:54 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
And you seem to have a whole bunch of time on your hands... but your being offended makes my point.
yeah, an average of 5 posts a day. which amounts to....15 minutes?

I suppose that posting 5 times a year, mostly to slag other places, represents a better contribution to the forum in your mind?

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:54 PM

I for one have always enjoy the Montreal sets. It is a "Post some pictures of your city!" thread after all.

I do think Montreal has the best urban fabric. Excellent layering of old and new. A few other cities like Quebec City, Vancouver, Victoria and Halifax also excel in that aspect. Winnipeg has huge potential with a rich stock of early 20th century buildings, and has improved significantly over the last two decades adding some solid modern in between.

At the end of the day, it's all a matter of opinion. If someone doesn't like seeing 15 photos of a city, skip this thread, or skip that set. Don't complain about posters posting pictures of their city. It is a "Post some pictures of your city!" thread after all.

Nothing wrong with sharing our opinions and having a constructive conversation, but sometimes some people can get a bit offside.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2020, 4:56 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:

I love your photo threads. They are among the most interesting things posted on SSP. Please reconsider.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada