HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 1:41 PM

Bentham Condos - 146 W Erie

July 19

Old Posted Jul 25, 2021, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
July 19

I dig this new brickwork, even if it is prefab.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2021, 3:46 PM

This month's plan commission meeting is giant!
Agenda: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/dept...n_Hearing.html

525 S. Wabash Ave.
This project is back on the Plan Commission agenda. A mixed-use residential and hotel development consisting of a 24-story and a 36-story tower connected by a commercial and parking base. The development will contain 777 residential units, 405 hotel keys, 41,000 square feet of commercial space, amenity space, and 151 accessory parking spaces.

601 W. Monroe St.
A mixed-use, two-phased development, consisting of two towers containing a total of 1,053 residential units, 430 accessory vehicular parking spaces, and ground floor commercial space. Phase 1 is a 535’-tall tower with 537 residential units, 400 accessory vehicular parking spaces, and ground floor commercial space. Phase 2 is a 465’-tall tower with 516 residential units, 30 accessory vehicular parking spaces, and ground floor commercial space.

Illinois Medical District
Upzone PD 30 from a C1-2 Zoning District to a C2-5 Zoning District! This basically more than doubles the FAR and increases the residential density by 5 times for the entire IMD! The IMD seems to be moving forward with their megadevelopment plans

1201 W. Washington Blvd.
Redevelopment of the 3-story commercial/office building, followed by construction of a 19-story, 213’-tall building with 4,000 square feet of ground floor commercial space, 288 dwelling units above and 183 parking spaces.

901 N. Halsted St.
Proposed development for a multi-building, multi-phased planned development consisting of 2,650 dwelling units, 300 hotel keys, 1,400 parking spaces, open space, commercial and retail uses with accessory and incidental uses.

1354-1408 S. Wabash Ave.
Amending the existing PD to construct a 305’-tall building with 299 residential units, ground floor commercial space, and 105 accessory vehicular parking spaces.

739-755 N. Wells St.
Another high-rise for Wells Street. 21-story, 254’-4”-tall building with 178 residential units, 7,530 sf of ground floor commercial space, and 53 parking spaces with accessory and incidental uses on the property located at 741 N. Wells St. Bonus FAR of 3.1 will be taken and the overall FAR of the planned development will be 8.1.

1017-1039 N. LaSalle St. / 125 W. Maple St.
This project is back on the agenda. Still a 39-story, 418’-tall building with 303 residential units, 3,698 sf of ground floor commercial space, and 124 parking spaces.

1120-30 N. State St.
345’-tall mixed-use, with 304 residential units, 132 accessory parking spaces, and approximately 10,000 square feet of commercial space.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2021, 6:26 PM

^ 601 and 901

Old Posted Jul 29, 2021, 6:32 PM
The City

^ Wow, that’s years of work for the construction trades

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jul 29, 2021, 7:02 PM
Plenary pleasures.

Nice write-up on Urbanize about this hotel rehab in the Loop:

https://urbanize.city/chicago/post/l...n-construction

Old Posted Jul 29, 2021, 8:54 PM

Thicc Plan Commission agendas really are just the best thing.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
Agenda: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/dept...n_Hearing.html

525 S. Wabash Ave.
This project is back on the Plan Commission agenda. A mixed-use residential and hotel development consisting of a 24-story and a 36-story tower connected by a commercial and parking base. The development will contain 777 residential units, 405 hotel keys, 41,000 square feet of commercial space, amenity space, and 151 accessory parking spaces.

601 W. Monroe St.
A mixed-use, two-phased development, consisting of two towers containing a total of 1,053 residential units, 430 accessory vehicular parking spaces, and ground floor commercial space. Phase 1 is a 535’-tall tower with 537 residential units, 400 accessory vehicular parking spaces, and ground floor commercial space. Phase 2 is a 465’-tall tower with 516 residential units, 30 accessory vehicular parking spaces, and ground floor commercial space.

Funny! I never saw any public meeting hosted by the "always" transparent Ald. Reilly.

Did any of you all see anything about meetings regarding the two projects above?

I try to stay abreast of things and to my knowledge, there was no real public outreach on either of these.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 4:00 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
Illinois Medical District
Upzone PD 30 from a C1-2 Zoning District to a C2-5 Zoning District! This basically more than doubles the FAR and increases the residential density by 5 times for the entire IMD! The IMD seems to be moving forward with their megadevelopment plans
Without seeing the application I'm not sure we can jump to this conclusion for the entire IMD. PD30 is an absolutely massive PD that includes not only the IMD but the entire Tri-Taylor neighborhood, it would be highly unlikely to upzone the entire thing. I'm guessing the upzone applies only to Marquette's Atrio site on Harrison and/or the Gateway development on Ogden. But I'd be happy to be proved wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post
Funny! I never saw any public meeting hosted by the "always" transparent Ald. Reilly.
Did any of you all see anything about meetings regarding the two projects above?
I try to stay abreast of things and to my knowledge, there was no real public outreach on either of these.
I don't see any evidence of public meetings, but Reilly has discussed this development and its evolution several times in his newsletter, posting detailed information and presentations for his constituents. It's not like this just popped up suddenly on the Plan Commission.
https://myemail.constantcontact.com/...id=2HBzk-V-3zA
https://myemail.constantcontact.com/...id=5zNRLitbOes

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Without seeing the application I'm not sure we can jump to this conclusion for the entire IMD. PD30 is an absolutely massive PD that includes not only the IMD but the entire Tri-Taylor neighborhood, it would be highly unlikely to upzone the entire thing. I'm guessing the upzone applies only to Marquette's Atrio site on Harrison and/or the Gateway development on Ogden. But I'd be happy to be proved wrong...
That makes a lot more sense, we'll have to wait for the presentation to know. I'm getting the impression it's for the entire PD since the upzone traces "the property bounded by the north line of West Congress Parkway; South Ashland Avenue; the alley next south of West 15th Street; South Paulina Street; West 15th Street; South Wood Street; West 14th Street; South Damen Avenue; the north line of the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad right-of-way; and South Oakley Boulevard."

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post

Good question. Reilly sent info in his newsletters, but both projects already included "neighborhood feedback" and other changes. I guess he's doing targeted outreach to buildings/groups close to the projects? I don't think the guy has held a ward-wide development meeting since 400 LSD. And I don't expect him to hold any soon... not as long as the patio outside Boss Bar is open...

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 7:33 PM
TL;DR

Quote:
That makes a lot more sense, we'll have to wait for the presentation to know. I'm getting the impression it's for the entire PD since the upzone traces "the property bounded by the north line of West Congress Parkway; South Ashland Avenue; the alley next south of West 15th Street; South Paulina Street; West 15th Street; South Wood Street; West 14th Street; South Damen Avenue; the north line of the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad right-of-way; and South Oakley Boulevard."
That's how the city describes PD amendments, by outlining the entire boundary of the PD regardless of what sub-area the changes are in.

In a legal sense, for every change they are "repealing" the original PD and ratifying a new version of the PD. There is one on the agenda right now for 1550 N Clark where they have to do this whole rigmarole just to add "veterinary" to the list of approved uses (no doubt because a vet would like to open in one of the retail spaces).

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 11:51 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:

739-755 N. Wells St.
Another high-rise for Wells Street. 21-story, 254’-4”-tall building with 178 residential units, 7,530 sf of ground floor commercial space, and 53 parking spaces with accessory and incidental uses on the property located at 741 N. Wells St. Bonus FAR of 3.1 will be taken and the overall FAR of the planned development will be 8.1.

Must have been asleep on this one.

Here it is:

https://chicagoyimby.com/2021/07/ren...ver-north.html

File under "every once in a while Antunovich does something decent."

Actually, to be fair I should note that I think their new W Loop tower fronting the Eisenhower is even better than decent.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2021, 11:52 PM
you know where I'll be

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinel View Post
Nice write-up on Urbanize about this hotel rehab in the Loop:

https://urbanize.city/chicago/post/l...n-construction

Love these projects. Makes me wonder if the plan to put another hotel inside the building w JW Marriot is still on? Hopefully not derailed by the pandemic.

Last edited by SamInTheLoop; Jul 31, 2021 at 12:13 AM.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 1:24 AM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
Love these projects. Makes me wonder if the plan to put another hotel inside the building w JW Marriot is still on? Hopefully not derailed by the pandemic.
Well, JW Marriott has been in default on their debt and about to wind up in foreclosure, if I’m correct per a recent Crains report. Thanks to Covid

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 6:44 AM
Rust Belt Motherland

354 N Union (July 30th)

Here's a shot from that same position looking South. There's a street wall where there wasn't 4 years ago.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2021, 5:39 PM

354 N Union

July 15

July 19

July 22

July 26

===================================

July 15

July 19

July 22

July 26

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 1:56 PM

K3 - 354 N Union (2)

July 19

July 22

These are the sides that will be hung from the climbing form. The black is no stick surface to make it easier to pry them away from the concrete once it is set.

July 26

r

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 2:46 PM

450 N LaSalle

July 15

July 26

Old Posted Aug 1, 2021, 4:27 PM

Omni Grand - 369 W Grand

July 19

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations