HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Nov 29, 2022, 4:49 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
A bit of a mess of a game for the Oilers, but a W is a W. Good to see the boys fight back.
At least they won.

Connor has company for the scoring championship. Go Robertson!

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Nov 29, 2022, 4:59 PM
Near Generational

Oilers finding ways to win games they should lose. It's stuff like that that gets a team into the post-season.

Devils keep rolling. Spotted the Rangers a 2 goal lead early and then completely dominated the rest of the game. Shame that NHL refs being on the take cost Devils a truly historic winning streak. The record is 17, which is where they would be now.

The longest undefeated streak is a whopping 35 games by the 1979-80 Philadelphia Flyers (25 wins and 10 ties).

Old Posted Nov 29, 2022, 5:11 PM
A Better Place

Was at the Oilers game last night and the place went bananas when Bouchard tied it up with 4ish seconds left and even more bonkers when Drai scored less than a minute into OT. Great game.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Oilers finding ways to win games they should lose. It's stuff like that that gets a team into the post-season.

Devils keep rolling. Spotted the Rangers a 2 goal lead early and then completely dominated the rest of the game. Shame that NHL refs being on the take cost Devils a truly historic winning streak. The record is 17, which is where they would be now.

The longest undefeated streak is a whopping 35 games by the 1979-80 Philadelphia Flyers (25 wins and 10 ties).
If there had been overtime in 1980, I wonder how many of those 10 games the Flyers tied during their streak they would have won. They were one of the best teams ever but couldn't beat the Islanders in the cup final.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2022, 11:33 PM
Near Generational

Hard to say, but I'd bet a large sum of money they wouldn't have won all 10. The record would have been 'longest streak without a regulation loss' or 'longest streak with scoring a point'.

It's important to note that the NHL resumed overtime in the 83-84 season. So, for that record season, they weren't even playing the extra session.

The loser point didn't come into play until 99-00 season, I think this was the same season the NHL went to 4on4 (I can't check much sports stuff at work, it's blocked). The shootout was added for the 05-06 season and 3 on 3 OT started in 15-16.

Still remarkable to basically rip off half a season without losing. That's incredible.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 2:10 PM

Jets beat Colorado 5 zip.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 3:21 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
Jets beat Colorado 5 zip.
That was impressive and who is this Josh Morrisey guy. Career best 37 points and he's at 25 already.

So was the Seattle - Los Angeles 9-8 overtime game. Memories of 1983.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 6:26 PM
Community Guy

New Tempe arena one step closer to reality.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/arizona-coyot...ncil-1.1886391

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Hard to say, but I'd bet a large sum of money they wouldn't have won all 10. The record would have been 'longest streak without a regulation loss' or 'longest streak with scoring a point'.

It's important to note that the NHL resumed overtime in the 83-84 season. So, for that record season, they weren't even playing the extra session.

The loser point didn't come into play until 99-00 season, I think this was the same season the NHL went to 4on4 (I can't check much sports stuff at work, it's blocked). The shootout was added for the 05-06 season and 3 on 3 OT started in 15-16.

Still remarkable to basically rip off half a season without losing. That's incredible.
Overtime used to end in a tie up until mid 00’s. For a while it was completely useless though as the loser point was introduced before the shootout.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 7:08 PM
Near Generational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
New Tempe arena one step closer to reality.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/arizona-coyot...ncil-1.1886391
Good, they need a new building. Now it's off to the referendum/plebiscite. I'll bet that the donkeys at Glendale city hall will be funding the no side aggressively, they won't want the competition for concerts and UFC.

I was hoping to see a game at Mullett in March, but tickets are ungodly expensive. Like $150+USD which is like $500 CAD.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 7:20 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
That was impressive and who is this Josh Morrisey guy. Career best 37 points and he's at 25 already.

So was the Seattle - Los Angeles 9-8 overtime game. Memories of 1983.
You spelled Josh Norrisey wrong...

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
You spelled Josh Norrisey wrong...
You both did its Morrissey

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 8:17 PM

^ Pretty sure it's Josh Norrissey

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Oh yes the Norris trophy pun my bad.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 9:40 PM
arf

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Haha. Mine was just sloppy fingers. You're going to have to go through Karlsson this year.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2022, 9:54 PM
Near Generational

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Haha. Mine was just sloppy fingers. You're going to have to go through Karlsson this year.
The PWHA tends to lean towards spreading the Norris around a bit more than the other individual awards, the last 7 have been first time winners.

If Norrissey keeps this up it's his.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2022, 3:25 AM
Community Guy

Must be another 'hot goalie' against Edmonton given our 15 shots (to 5) with zero goals thus far.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2022, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Good, they need a new building. Now it's off to the referendum/plebiscite. I'll bet that the donkeys at Glendale city hall will be funding the no side aggressively, they won't want the competition for concerts and UFC.

I was hoping to see a game at Mullett in March, but tickets are ungodly expensive. Like $150+USD which is like $500 CAD.
If the Tempe-dwellers get tempted by the shiny object, Bettman has promised not to relocate them for three decades. I wonder what happens the next time they get kicked out of their arena for being unable to pay bills.

Wonder if they'll give out mullets again when they have to move back to the community arena. Which, notably, is currently hosting an average of 4 600 fans, or approximately half the average attendance of the Quebec Remparts. Je dis ça, je dis rien.

Last edited by savevp; Dec 1, 2022 at 5:09 AM.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2022, 5:29 AM
Community Guy

Survival against the powerhouse Hawks team.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2022, 2:18 PM

Mitch Marner.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada