HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Toyoko Inn in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 12:18 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Hopefully now that the acquisition is complete we will see some quick movement on this. LIC is hot!

I do on a side note question the unit counts. Not that 600 is low but would be nice to amp the number up. Even though there is a 90k commercial aspect, units seem underwhelming given the site foot print.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2022, 1:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
Hopefully now that the acquisition is complete we will see some quick movement on this. LIC is hot!

I do on a side note question the unit counts. Not that 600 is low but would be nice to amp the number up. Even though there is a 90k commercial aspect, units seem underwhelming given the site foot print.
I think the footprint is smaller than the image on the last page. They must not have acquired the eastern corner.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 2:31 AM
New Yorker for life

This FAA study suggests that this will be two 54-story buildings at 676 ft....

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external...73895691&row=3

Quote:
Structure Type: High Rise/Sky Scraper

Structure Height: 676

Description of Proposal: Two 54-story mixed use buildings

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 3:23 AM
Show me the blueprints

It takes two baby...

Nice.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 3:27 AM
New Yorker for life

Did a little digging to find out more on what's finally happening, and the FAA information is correct.

Long Island City is heating up again with some major developments in a relatively small area...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 3:37 AM
Show me the blueprints

I was thinking a connection like that was likely the explanation. The site is just too small to have two independent towers that close to each other. You could reach out and touch the other in that situation.

These look promising. Great news. This site has taken its time getting developed.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 3:43 AM
Show me the blueprints

What's the deal with the soil here? It's talking about a 6' mat slab foundation without a basement.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 2:28 PM
Show me the blueprints

The Court Square (G) platforms are not handicapped accessible. They say it's planned but it would make a ton more sense to just house the entire entry and transfer concourse between the (G) station and the elevated (7) station in the base of this new development. The only issue is that glass tumor thing with the escalator is only about ten years old. Would be nice if all that could be cleaned up though and a short bridge for the (7) station connect to the new development to get everything off the sidewalk.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 2:32 PM

I was wondering when we would see a render of this thing(s). I like that it's not another blue box and should help connect the old Citi Tower to 5 Pointz. Adding a big retail base right there at Court Square makes a lot of sense, too. This looks better than whatever Toyoko was planning to build here many years ago.

So it's two towers but they share a central core of elevators and mechanical floors?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
The Court Square (G) platforms are not handicapped accessible. They say it's planned but it would make a ton more sense to just house the entire entry and transfer concourse between the (G) station and the elevated (7) station in the base of this new development. The only issue is that glass tumor thing with the escalator is only about ten years old. Would be nice if all that could be cleaned up though and a short bridge for the (7) station connect to the new development to get everything off the sidewalk.
Given the age of the escalator and the existing elevator for the 7, I doubt they would tear those down just to expand the sidewalk (or the lot). They do need to add an elevator down to the G, though. It's crazy (but also not a surprise) they didn't do that when they built the Citi Tower or the renovation to the 7 station at Court Square. The other issue with the G is that, once you get on it, there are only 2 stops that are accessible, at Greenpoint and at the end of the line at Church St.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 2:45 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildThemTaller View Post
I was wondering when we would see a render of this thing(s). I like that it's not another blue box and should help connect the old Citi Tower to 5 Pointz. Adding a big retail base right there at Court Square makes a lot of sense, too. This looks better than whatever Toyoko was planning to build here many years ago.

So it's two towers but they share a central core of elevators and mechanical floors?

That's how I understand it. It's a bit perplexing how that's considered 2 separate buildings though. It just seems like a unique architectural and engineering feature of a single building, buy whatever. It should like pretty snazzy.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 2:48 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuildThemTaller View Post
The other issue with the G is that, once you get on it, there are only 2 stops that are accessible, at Greenpoint and at the end of the line at Church St.
Like the rest of the system that will slowly get better as elevator projects are included in capital programs as well as bonus exchange programs for access easements in adjacent new developments.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Like the rest of the system that will slowly get better as elevator projects are included in capital programs as well as bonus exchange programs for access easements in adjacent new developments.
True. It's past time the Queensboro Plaza 7/N/W is getting elevators. A development there spurred activity by the MTA to complete the job at the same time.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 5:04 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
That's how I understand it. It's a bit perplexing how that's considered 2 separate buildings though. It just seems like a unique architectural and engineering feature of a single building, buy whatever. It should like pretty snazzy.
That configuration probably helped with the floorplans of the towers. But by DOB Standards, the firewall would also account for a separation in buildings.

From most angles it will probably appear as one wider tower though.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2023, 7:47 PM

Nice, two new near-700 ft. towers added to the party in LIC. And yeah, I hope this means additional transit improvements.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 12:46 AM
New Yorker for life

I like the idea of density, especially in New York City. So I'm glad LIC is filling in more and more. I still would like to see the next step, with maybe some type of destination retail, or restaurants and theaters to attract more people into the area.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2023, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Good news: The G platform now has an elevator connection.

https://twitter.com/MTA/status/16824...h4S0OyRllbtcy0

Old Posted Oct 11, 2023, 7:14 PM

This is quite a tight lot to be putting up a 500 and 600 footer. Demolition has been complete across both, I wonder which project gets going first.

45-03 23rd Street | 544 FT left
24-05 Jackson Ave | 676 FT right

Old Posted Oct 11, 2023, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleu1117 View Post

This is quite a tight lot to be putting up a 500 and 600 footer. Demolition has been complete across both, I wonder which project gets going first.

45-03 23rd Street | 544 FT left
24-05 Jackson Ave | 676 FT right

My understanding from the posts from NYGuy is that the white tower on the left is not going to be built. That was a previous proposal and is dead. It's the black tower on the right, or rather two towers that sort of look like a single tower, that will be built. Is that right?

Old Posted Oct 12, 2023, 12:10 AM
New Yorker for life

I believe that is correct, unless the developer is planning 3 towers.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals