HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
I also noticed that. However, I think it's being used for when it rains. They could be using it as a holding tank for pumping out the water pools around the work area.
I was curious as to why it was still sitting on the site. I was wondering, are they actually going to re-use it, or keeping it there for another reason. You'd think that they're going to go with a totally new pool.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 4:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

They have started work on the new physician parking lot at the Moncton Hospital, occupying the lawn adjacent to Connaught in front of the Ambulatory Care Centre.

This is a necessary precondition prior to construction of the new Maternal Fetal Medicine Wing on the (soon to be former) physician parking lot between the main part of the hospital and the Professional Arts Building.

The new Maternal Fetal Wing will begin construction this fall.......

Old Posted Jul 26, 2019, 4:39 PM

Two good stories in the Transcript this morning. One on the Baiani building (1942) at the corner of Main & King Street being developed by Steve Gallant. They're taking it right down to the bricks and totally rebuilding it. Interestingly it is not pre-leased but due to the low vacancy rate, he feels that there should be no problem finding tenants.
The other story says that Adelin Properties has actually had to turn away prospective clients looking for office space downtown. Fusion Commercial properties are currently in the process of renovating the upper floors of the Higgins Block and said that office space is a "strong possibility" for the property.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2019, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
They have started work on the new physician parking lot at the Moncton Hospital, occupying the lawn adjacent to Connaught in front of the Ambulatory Care Centre.

This is a necessary precondition prior to construction of the new Maternal Fetal Medicine Wing on the (soon to be former) physician parking lot between the main part of the hospital and the Professional Arts Building.

The new Maternal Fetal Wing will begin construction this fall.......
I wAS watching them work today, wondering what was going on. I was well aware of the new maternal fetal health wing, but seem to have forgotten it was going to be located in the doctors' parking area. Not sure how I forgot that? Was it kept under wraps or did I just forget, which would not be unusual for me. Just wondering.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2019, 3:07 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

No, not kept under wraps. Here is a rendering previously posted.

There is another project planned for the hospital, but delayed by the Higgs government by a year or so - another new wing (cardiac step down unit and CCU), planned for the other physician parking lot in behind the Dr. Sheldon Rubin Oncology Clinic.

This is when the parking problems for the physicians at the Moncton Hospital will really kick in. The new lot will take care of the physicians displaced by the Maternal Fetal Wing construction, but will not be sufficient enough for all the physicians displaced by the new Cardiac Wing. Since I currently park in behind where the cardiac facility is to be built, I am not personally upset with the Higgs delay.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2019, 1:51 AM

Dolma on a Saturday night. You could hear jazz music and the sound of people chatter from the rooftop. Great atmosphere coming out from Dolma. What a way to bring some well needed respectable night life to St George st. Thanks Dolma.

Gahan House Hub City & 55 Queen. Wow! What a sight. Can't wait to come back here and take another photo when most of those condos/apartments/hotel rooms are all lit up. Another classy place to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday night.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2019, 3:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Dolma on a Saturday night. You could hear jazz music and the sound of people chatter from the rooftop. Great atmosphere coming out from Dolma. What a way to bring some well needed respectable night life to St George st. Thanks Dolma.

Gahan House Hub City & 55 Queen. Wow! What a sight. Can't wait to come back here and take another photo when most of those condos/apartments/hotel rooms are all lit up. Another classy place to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday night.

Really nice pictures! Seriously.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2019, 8:30 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Proposal for a new five storey mixed use (primarily residential) building at 356 St. George Street:

Highlights:

- SW corner of St. George & Weldon.
- Ground level retail facing St. George Street (enclosed parking in behind)
- No vinyl siding!!! (brick on ground floor, "fibre concrete" cladding on upper floors}
Foundation is up.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 2:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacdougall View Post
According to the front page of the Times and Transcript there will be a new brew pub open up on the corner of John and Dominion. Riverview couple purchased the old Tire Shack. The Tire Shack Brewing Company is scheduled to open this fall.
Huddle article about this new business:
https://huddle.today/this-couple-is-...SPk_GsD2wSjIvU

Quote:
(the owners) want to create a vibrant taproom that’s a comfortable place for the community to gather. Seatings for between 75 to 100 people will be set up so that the bar and brewing equipment can be seen by patrons. There will be smaller tables, as well as long tables where people can sit together and connect over beer.
Quote:
“We want it to feel like you’re in a working environment. Almost like you’re in a factory, but there are really cool tables and chairs and nice lighting and these garage doors,” Norman added.

The building has five garage doors that open up. The couple will turn some of them into glass doors that open up to the patio/parking lot where they plan to host food trucks, small beer festivals with other breweries, and other events.
Quote:
Tire Shack will have a growler fill station and a bottle shop in the front that will also sell merchandise like t-shirts and hoodies, among other things.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2019, 5:41 PM

The story mentions that one of the owners used to work for Henderson Brewing in Toronto.

That's a really good brewery that makes some unique brews, so lets hope some of that skill comes to Moncton.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 3:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

from Huddle:

Quote:
Residents and visitors of Moncton will soon be able to learn more about the cultural and historical significance of the towering Notre-Dame-de-l’Assomption Cathedral on St. George Street through interactive panels and a 360-degree film projection.
https://huddle.today/moncton-cathedr...orld-congress/

Very interesting article - the cathedral is going to become part museum and tourist attraction, and will be fitted with immersive and interactive displays and 360 degree video projection technology (funded privately). Sounds very sophisticated. The Huddle article is well written and includes lots of pictures.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 8:22 PM

What’s happening in what was the green space beside the mountain view untied church/ TMH ambulatory care centre?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2019, 10:34 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Relocated physicians parking lot. See post #4202 above.

Old Posted Aug 2, 2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:

Relocated physicians parking lot. See post #4202 above.
Oops I missed that. Just more surface parking. The hospital needs a structure. I suppose there won’t be any underground parking under the new wing either.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 1:06 AM

Sorry, no drone pic updates this week. Hopefully next weekend.

Got this photo earlier this evening while driving around.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 5:21 PM

Sidewalk work between the Subway and the Avenir center has started. They are busy digging up the old bricks and taking them away.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 6:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
Sidewalk work between the Subway and the Avenir center has started. They are busy digging up the old bricks and taking them away.
So I wonder if they are planning to take out that old grass and make the sidewalk come right up to the Hyatt?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 6:10 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
So I wonder if they are planning to take out that old grass and make the sidewalk come right up to the Hyatt?
Yes. At least in front of that portion of the hotel where there will be retail facing Main Street.

The portion of the sidewalk where they are working right now is sloped upwards as it arises from under the Subway. I imagine the grass and trees here will remain, but adjacent to the front portion of the Main Street side of the hotel, the building will abut the (widened) sidewalk.

The image above clearly shows a widened sidewalk abutting the side of the building.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Aug 6, 2019 at 6:30 PM.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2019, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Yes. At least in front of that portion of the hotel where there will be retail facing Main Street.

The portion of the sidewalk where they are working right now is sloped upwards as it arises from under the Subway. I imagine the grass and trees here will remain, but adjacent to the front portion of the Main Street side of the hotel, the building will abut the (widened) sidewalk.
Yes that section going uphill from the subway is nice with the flowers and trees. And it does make sense to widen the sidewalk so it abuts the hotel. That strip of grass would only get trampled if they kept it.
I noticed yesterday as I was driving by that they are really coming along with the brickwork on the hotel.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2019, 12:41 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces