HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Dec 7, 2022, 4:51 PM

AMLI has a high chance of happening, right? That site has already been demoed. It will be nice to see something in GT taller than 160'

Old Posted Dec 7, 2022, 6:12 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLucasTheGreat View Post
AMLI has a high chance of happening, right? That site has already been demoed. It will be nice to see something in GT taller than 160'

I think you're thinking about AMLI 8th and Broadway- that's the project where the currently buildings are being demoed. This would be one block north from that one.

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Dec 7, 2022, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
If you scroll down they also have a rendering of Society Denver which is replacing the Denver 7 building. Looks massive

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 12:48 PM

Thanks; that's interesting
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich View Post
If you scroll down they also have a rendering of Society Denver which is replacing the Denver 7 building. Looks massive
Turns out that Greybrook, a private equity firm out of Toronto is an equity partner/investor.

Greybrook Realty Partners Secures US$44,850,000 For A Multi-Family Residential Development Project with PMG in Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Greybrook Realty Partners Inc. announced today that its managed issuer has secured US$44,850,000 in committed equity capital to acquire and oversee the development of a prime parcel of land in Denver, Colorado. Together with its developer partner, PMG, the firm intends to develop the land located at 123 E Speer Boulevard into a mixed-use multi-family residential building.
That announcement occurred Jul 19, 2021. There's also this qualifier from Cision News Wire:
Quote:
This news release contains forward-looking statements that are based on management's current expectations and are subject to known and unknown uncertainties, which could cause actual results to differ from those contemplated or implied by such forward-looking statements. Greybrook is under no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements contained herein, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise.
Who knows what the state of this project is?????

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 2:38 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

Very active in development review. Site Development Plan submitted in October and in November the Transportation Plan was submitted for review.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich View Post
There’s also a tiny rendering of the 24-story, 1215 Elati on this page, that looks very interesting:

https://www.milenderwhite.com/our-work/

(I don’t think I’ve seen that rendering before, but I haven’t been paying the closest attention to this thread lately.)

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 4:11 PM

does anyone know where Channel 7 moving too? also channel 4 needs a new home also

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 5:36 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam35 View Post
does anyone know where Channel 7 moving too? also channel 4 needs a new home also

Last rumor I heard was that Channel 7 was looking at the failed co-working space at 2323 Delgany Street.

EDIT: Yep, active permits applications to remodel the building as Channel 7's new headquarters are in the system. One funny aspect is that the plans don't show a satellite dish farm or microwave transmitter tower, so I wonder where those will be located?

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Last edited by wong21fr; Dec 8, 2022 at 6:01 PM.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2022, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Last rumor I heard was that Channel 7 was looking at the failed co-working space at 2323 Delgany Street.

EDIT: Yep, active permits applications to remodel the building as Channel 7's new headquarters are in the system. One funny aspect is that the plans don't show a satellite dish farm or microwave transmitter tower, so I wonder where those will be located?
thanks for the info-,,, strange location

Old Posted Dec 9, 2022, 2:03 AM

So, little random and out of the blue, but here's something interesting I've recently discovered: the Hyatt Regency at the Convention Center may be shorter than it's "official" height.

This very website, and many other sources too, list the official height of the Hyatt Regency as 489' or 149 m, including the spire at the top of it. However, if you visit Downtown, or look at the Denver skyline from afar (including in some of the photographs posted on this very forum and over on Denver Infill as well), you can see very clearly that the Hyatt is actually roughly the same height as Block 162, located just across the street from it, or even possibly a little shorter. The Hyatt also looks a little shorter than the 473' Spire, located just over a block away from it, though that could be an optical illusion. While I know the streets downtown have a slight incline, if I recall correctly, the change in elevation across those blocks is only a few feet at most.

According to the blueprints filed with the City's website, Block 162 has an official height of 452', or 138 m, up to the top of the parapet. However, I couldn't find the blueprints for the Hyatt on the same website, so unless the city has some sort of archive where these blueprints are stored and publicly available, there's no way of confirming the Hyatt's exact height.

I double-checked the height on Google Earth, which shows that the highest point on the Hyatt (i.e. the tip of the spire) is at an elevation of 1725 m above sea level, while the street level on all four streets surrounding the Hyatt sits at an elevation of 1591 m above sea level. This gives a height of 134 m, or approx. 440', nearly 50' shorter than its official height listed in most sources. Granted, Google Earth is not the most reliable source of measuring a building's height, but that's the best source I could find, short of actually going to the top of the Hyatt and measuring it in-person.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It makes me wonder how many other "official" building heights are inaccurate, here and in many other cities.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2022, 1:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimijam35 View Post
does anyone know where Channel 7 moving too?
Channel 7 uses their rooftop as a filming location for some of their reporting - with downtown as a backdrop. The out of focus view of Lincoln Street’s Golden Triangle streetwall, leading toward the taller towers of the CBD in the background, is actually pretty badass. I’ll miss it.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2022, 4:26 PM
sidewalkin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Hill View Post
Channel 7 uses their rooftop as a filming location for some of their reporting - with downtown as a backdrop. The out of focus view of Lincoln Street’s Golden Triangle streetwall, leading toward the taller towers of the CBD in the background, is actually pretty badass. I’ll miss it.
I think the new backdrop with downtown even closer will be cool too. The satellite farm will probably go on the roof. As for the location, this one seems like a great spot! Plenty of parking, plus super easy access to downtown, the civic center, I-25 and I-70.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2022, 5:56 PM

Never thought I'd be thinking about news station views, but this is a pretty great angle of the skyline with Coors in the foreground.

As Arapahoe square gets built out with new towers, this angle of the city will continue to look more modern and glassy in the coming years.

Old Posted Dec 11, 2022, 4:47 PM

26th and Alcott

Old Posted Dec 12, 2022, 4:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4isoar View Post
So, little random and out of the blue, but here's something interesting I've recently discovered: the Hyatt Regency at the Convention Center may be shorter than it's "official" height.

This very website, and many other sources too, list the official height of the Hyatt Regency as 489' or 149 m, including the spire at the top of it. However, if you visit Downtown, or look at the Denver skyline from afar (including in some of the photographs posted on this very forum and over on Denver Infill as well), you can see very clearly that the Hyatt is actually roughly the same height as Block 162, located just across the street from it, or even possibly a little shorter. The Hyatt also looks a little shorter than the 473' Spire, located just over a block away from it, though that could be an optical illusion. While I know the streets downtown have a slight incline, if I recall correctly, the change in elevation across those blocks is only a few feet at most.

According to the blueprints filed with the City's website, Block 162 has an official height of 452', or 138 m, up to the top of the parapet. However, I couldn't find the blueprints for the Hyatt on the same website, so unless the city has some sort of archive where these blueprints are stored and publicly available, there's no way of confirming the Hyatt's exact height.

I double-checked the height on Google Earth, which shows that the highest point on the Hyatt (i.e. the tip of the spire) is at an elevation of 1725 m above sea level, while the street level on all four streets surrounding the Hyatt sits at an elevation of 1591 m above sea level. This gives a height of 134 m, or approx. 440', nearly 50' shorter than its official height listed in most sources. Granted, Google Earth is not the most reliable source of measuring a building's height, but that's the best source I could find, short of actually going to the top of the Hyatt and measuring it in-person.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It makes me wonder how many other "official" building heights are inaccurate, here and in many other cities.
Exact height of the Hyatt is 438' 6" to the top of its lightning rod, per the elevation drawings I obtained many many years ago.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2022, 4:40 PM
[sub]urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Exact height of the Hyatt is 438' 6" to the top of its lightning rod, per the elevation drawings I obtained many many years ago.
A recorded site development plan would typically have this information. Conveniently, it looks like the City didn't do one for their own development (or they haven't recorded it or plugged it into their GIS mapping system in the last 15 years.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2022, 12:24 AM
Landbarge Captain

Somewhat off-topic, but I just saw this on twitter

The Housing Politics Political Compass:

Personally, the bottom left 4 squares are my zone

Old Posted Dec 13, 2022, 5:53 AM

Have I ever mentioned that Politics is silly, stupid and irrational
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojiferous View Post
The Housing Politics Political Compass:
I have mentioned I often like to ask "What is missing?"

There's no mention of the impact from rising or falling interest rates; there's no mention of the cost of construction nor inflation from supply chain problems. There's no mention of available capital (flows).

One very key component that is alluded to a couple of times is that the majority of people much prefer to preserve the status quo. Generally people find a comfort zone and distrust disruption. Whether right or wrong it's the most basic of emotions of the human condition.

As for politics I feel privileged to be able now claim a U.S. Senator of my own now that Senator Kyrsten Sinema is a registered Independent.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2022, 6:25 AM

Thanks for the Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
Very active in development review. Site Development Plan submitted in October and in November the Transportation Plan was submitted for review.
The only thing I could remember is that I couldn't remember reading any updates.

It's not as if PMG and Greybrook aren't capable.

Society Las Olas (Fort Lauderdale)
300 Southwest 1st Avenue - Completion value: $655,000,000 USD

It turns out this partnership just broke ground Oct 27, 2022 on a new Trophy project:

Waldorf Astoria Hotel & Residences Miami

Quote:
Greybrook invested equity capital alongside PMG and is overseeing their development of 300 Biscayne.

Located in the heart of downtown Miami, rising 100 stories and 1,049 feet above Biscayne Bay, the highly anticipated Waldorf Astoria Hotel & Residences Miami will stand as one of the tallest hotel and residential towers along the East Coast
Expected to be completed by 2027 with an estimated completion value of $970,000,000 USD

Once Greybrook and PMG finish 'Society Denver' what Trophy project will the build in Denver?

Old Posted Dec 13, 2022, 8:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Interesting, and thanks for the info. I'm glad my hunch turned out to be correct, though I wonder where the 489' "official" figure cited by SSP and CTBUH came from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laniroj View Post
A recorded site development plan would typically have this information. Conveniently, it looks like the City didn't do one for their own development (or they haven't recorded it or plugged it into their GIS mapping system in the last 15 years.
Good point. There's a lot of properties and site-developments missing from that map. Though I wonder if there is an archive somewhere where the City keeps all of its architectural plans from over the years, and where we could do a Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) request to see any site-development plans missing from the online map.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West