HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Dec 3, 2022, 10:47 PM

3 C's? How About 4! Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati, Covington in 2022

Ohio is well known for the three C's: Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati. Although very similar in population (Cincinnati ranks 30th in the US for metro population with 2.26 million, Columbus is 32nd with 2.15 million and Cleveland is 34th with 2.08 million), they are very different in feel, history and layout. This is a collection of photos I've taken over the past year in each of the three cities. Plus, because Covington, Kentucky is such an interesting (and underrepresented) city in its own right and is directly across the river from downtown Cincinnati, I'm also adding photos of Covington.

Let's start in northern Ohio and work our way southward. Went up to Cleveland in June to see a Guardians-Twins game and give a friend from Minneapolis a tour of Cleveland. Here are the Guardians for whom their baseball team is now named!

Guardian Sculpture along Lorain Avenue Bridge, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Downtown Skyline w Cuyahoga River, Cleveland, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Railroad Tracks into Downtown Cleveland, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Minnesota Twins-Cleveland Guardians Baseball Game, Progressive Field, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Euclid Avenue, downtown Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

One of the former department store buildings, which has been converted to apartments.The May Company (former Department Store), Euclid Avenue, downtown Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Public Square:

Public Square with Towers, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Downtown Skyline from Detroit-Superior Bridge, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

The Ohio City neighborhood has grown notably over the past ten years. Older buildings have been fixed up and new ones added contributing to a vibrant cityscape.

Detroit Avenue at West 25th Street, Ohio City, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

West Side Market, West 25th Street, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

INTRO Mixed-Use development, Lorain Avenue, Ohio City, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Spent a few days in Cleveland in October with family & friends. My sister had never been to the rock&roll hall of fame and she really wanted to see the display onThe Beatles from their Get Back series. Stayed at a cool bnb on the west side.

West Side Homes, West 114th Street near Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

A Separate Reality Records, West Detroit Avenue, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

British Invasion Display: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Blondie & The Pretenders Display, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

The Galleria at Erieview, downtown Cleveland,OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

One Cleveland Center, 1375 East 9th Street, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

One of my favorite places to see in downtown are The Arcades. Cleveland has three historic ones along Euclid Avenue.

Entrance to 5th Street Arcades (Euclid Arcade), downtown Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

First is the Euclid Arcade-which has a single level.

Euclid Arcade, downtown Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

The Euclid Arcade is connected to the Colonial Arcade, which has a bit more activity and has two levels.

Colonial Arcade, downtown Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Across Euclid Avenue is The Arcade, which is simply the grandest arcade I've seen in North America. It's now a Hyatt Regency Hotel, which is a sad under utilization of what it should be in an ideal world.

The Arcade, Euclid Avenue, downtown Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

The Arcade, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Fourth Street is a short street connecting Euclid to the baseball stadium and basketball arena. It's lined with restaurants and busy most evenings.

4th Street from Euclid, downtown Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

We're now at Public Square, with the Soldiers & Sailors Monument.

Soldiers & Sailors Monument, Public Square, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Public Square, downtown Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

The Terminal Tower at Public Square is a must see if you're in Cleveland. I'd say it may qualify as the first large-scale mixed-use real estate development in the country. Completed in 1927, it included an office tower, train station, hotel and department store.

Terminal Tower, downtown Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Lobby of Terminal Tower, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

The late 1980's mall that was added unfortunately wasn't too successful, but it still has a few shops and food court restaurants.

Atrium of Tower City Retail Center, downtown Cleveland, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

At 9th & Euclid, a former banking hall has been converted to a grocery store.

Domed Ceiling at Heinen's Grocery Store, 9th & Euclid, downtown Cleveland by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Detail of Heinen's Grocery Store, downtown Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Seal Imbedded in Floor for The Cleveland Trust Company, 9th & Euclid by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

758F2B93-3BD7-45CF-9854-B63178A9F272 by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Euclid Avenue, Looking to Public Square, downtown Cleveland by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Looking Down Euclid to Playhouse Square, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

9th & Euclid, downtown Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Looking Down Euclid to Playhouse Square, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

The West Side Market in Ohio City (just west of downtown) is my favorite city market in the US.

West Side Market, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

West 25th Street, Ohio City, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Heading over to Cleveland's East Side now, which is home to the Cleveland Clinic, Case Western University, the major museums and concert halls of Cleveland. Unfortunately, I didn't take photos of these areas this year (but see my Flickr site as I have many albums of Cleveland photos). But I did pay a visit to Lakeview Cemetery, which includes gravesites for JD Rockefeller, Eliot Ness, Alan Freed, and President James Garfield, among many others. The east side (and Cleveland Heights) also includes many interesting retail nodes, such as Coventry Road, Shakers Square, Lechmere and Little Italy. Below is a brief sample of the east side.

James A. Garfield Monument, Lake View Cemetery, Cleveland, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Alan Freed Tombstone, Lake View Cemetery, Cleveland, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Coventry Lane, Cleveland Heights, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Cedar Road, Cleveland Heights, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Books about Cleveland, Loganberry Books, Larchmere, Cleveland, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Loganberry Books, Larchmere, Cleveland, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Book Wall, Loganberry Books, Larchmere, Cleveland, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Mayfield Road, Little Italy, Cleveland, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Little Italy, Cleveland, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Little Italy, Mayfield Road, Cleveland, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

NEXT UP: COLUMBUS

Old Posted Dec 3, 2022, 11:45 PM
Birds Aren't Real!

Nice photo tour of a fascinating city!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 1:41 PM

Nice pictures!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 2:07 PM
Member of SSP since 1997

Great photos, appreciate you sharing them and looking forward to the other C's! Had to chuckle a little at the bookshelf at Loganberry Books - I spotted a copy of my book, published in 2003. Hard to believe it's coming up on 20 years in circulation!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 2:53 PM
Me?!?

Very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayDay View Post
Great photos, appreciate you sharing them and looking forward to the other C's! Had to chuckle a little at the bookshelf at Loganberry Books - I spotted a copy of my book, published in 2003. Hard to believe it's coming up on 20 years in circulation!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 6:02 PM
Community Guy

Some amazing bones for a city and nicely captured.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Dec 4, 2022, 6:23 PM

Thanks for the comments! Mayday that's really cool about your book! I'm sure I've scanned it at bookstores. One of these days I'll have to buy a copy and get it autographed!

Anyways, continuing on with the series, we're now at Columbus. Historically, Columbus was always much smaller than either Cleveland or Cincinnati and so it lacks the depth of architectural legacy of the other two cities. In 1930, when metro Cleveland had a population of 1.2 million residents and metro Cincinnati had 759,000 (per Demographia), metro Columbus was at 361,000. But, as Columbus has grown substantially in recent decades benefitting from home to Ohio State University, the state government and a very diverse economy being headquarters for firms such as Huntington Bank, Nationwide Insurance, Wendy's, White Castle (is it coincidence that the two square burger chains of America are both HQ'd here?), retailers such as Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works, Abercrombie&Fitch, DSW. plus now Intel is locating their huge chip plant just east of Cbus.

Downtown Columbus is more spread out the either downtown Cleveland or Cincinnati. It's largely oriented to High Street or Broad Street, with the state capitol at the intersection of Broad & High and institutions extending east along Broad (Art Museum, churches, a few insurance companies and major pension funds), while High Street is more commercial in character.

Aerial View Showing Italian Village, Jeffrey Park & Short North with downtown in background, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Aerial View of High Street Looking to downtown, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Columbus lacks a major river, but instead has several smaller rivers or creeks extending through the area. This is the Olentangy which extends north from downtown past the OSU campus. There's a bike path along it which is well used, but unfortunately they also located a freeway (Highway 315) along it (a legacy of mid-1960s planning).

Aerial View of Olentangy River & Highway 315, with OSU Medical School and Batelle at left, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Grandview Yard is a large, new urbanist mixed-use development at middle left of the below photo. This used to be distribution center for a grocery store chain, but now includes apartments, condos, townhomes, office, hotels, retail and restaurants.

Aerial View of Grandview Yard, Columbus/Grandview Heights, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Overlooking Ohio State House from US Bank Center, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Overlooking Downtown Columbus from US Bank Center--Looking Northeast by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Looking North Along High Street, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Downtown Columbus: Looking NW to Arena District from US Bank Building by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Renovation Work underway on Madison's Building, North High Street, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Facade Detail, Atlas Building, Downtown Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Nationwide Insurance Headquarters Building, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

North Market, Vine Street at Park, Arena District, Columbus by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

North Market and downtown Columbus from Lumin (AC Hotel) by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

North Market, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

McFerson Commons Park, Arena District, downtown Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Downtown Skyline along the Scioto River, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Fourth Street, downtown Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Businesses Along South 4th Street, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Columbus Commons, downtown Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Crowd at Columbus Commons--Sheryl Crow/Keb Mo Concert by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Across the Scioto River from downtown is Franklinton, which is actually the site of the first settlement in Columbus. The area was prone to flooding and the city expanded more on the east side of the river. But in the past 10 years, this previously neglected area has seen a significant amount of development, including conversion of old industrial buildings to artist studios, several craft breweries, the National Veteran's Memorial and Museum, and new apartments, offices and even a hotel.

Emerging Franklinton Skyline, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

The Peninsula Development Under Construction, East Franklinton, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

National Veterans Memorial and Museum, with downtown Columbus in background by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Peninsula Development under construction, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

South Downtown Skyline from Peninsula Development, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

South of downtown is the Brewery District & German Village, which have many buildings dating back to the mid-19th century and are filled with brick streets, brick walks, brick walls and brick buildings. By the 1940s and 1950s, the area was in bad shape and was proposed for (what else) large-scale demolition. Fortunately, locals protested these plans and a historic district was established that is now considered one of the largest historic districts in the country.

German Village, Columbus, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

German Village, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

St. Mary Catholic Church, S 3rd Street, German Village, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

German Village, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Fall Colors, Schiller Park, German Village, Columbus, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Umbrella Girl, Schiller Park, German Village, Columbus, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Brewery District, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Brewery District, Columbus by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Arguably, the best known part of Columbus is The Short North. Located just north of downtown and stretching for nearly a mile towards OSU, this commercial district was run down in the 1980s but has experienced substantial reinvestment and expansion, while still maintaining a great mix of locally-owned businesses and restaurants/bars.

Looking South Along High Street through Short North to downtown, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Looking North Along High Street through Short North to Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Sunset from Moxy Rooftop Bar (Monarch), Short North, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Pond in Gooddale Park, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

The Short North, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

The Short North, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Doo Dah Parade, High Street, Columbus, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Crossing the I-670 Gap to the Short North, Columbus, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Here's a few miscellaneous photos from Dublin and New Albany, which are suburbs of Columbus, but determined to establish true town centers. Dublin actually was founded in the early 1800s and has a village center, but they've enlarged with a huge new development called Bridge Park.

Map of Bridge Park East & West and Historic Village Center, Dublin, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Businesses along Bridge Street, Dublin, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Dublin Village Center, Dublin, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Parking Garage, looking eastward to Bridge Park East, Dublin, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Bridge Park, Dublin, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Scioto River Bridge, Bridge Park, Dublin, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Looking to Bridge Park Buildings along Riverside Drive, Dublin, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Bridge Park, Dublin, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Interior of North Market-Bridge Park, Dublin, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Rowhomes, New Albany, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Town Center, New Albany, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Next up: CINCINNATI!

Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 6:44 AM

Three cities with true American soul, this is gold treasure thread and I need time to digest every scene.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 4:37 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

excellent work on the three c’s —

and i hope you get a chance to do the three red-headed step sisters some time, too.

for non-ohioans that would be toledo, akron and dayton.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 8:43 PM

Lookin good so far!

(on a side note, I've lived in Columbus twice and visited Cincy numerous times, but I need to visit Cleveland again... haven't been there since I was a child about 30 years ago when Jacobs Field was under construction!)

Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 9:56 PM
marcus

Love seeing these! Can't wait for Cincinnati

Old Posted Dec 7, 2022, 2:19 PM

Cincinnati is a classic river city, situated among hills along the mighty Ohio. It was arguably the first major city in the interior of the United States. In 1830, it ranked as the 8th largest city with about 25,000 residents. Though later overtaken by St. Louis and then Chicago, Cincinnati remained one of the ten largest cities in the US until 1910. As a result this city has an incredible building stock. Although the neighborhoods are very walkable, the presence of numerous hills causes a dispersion of the city and lessens its big city feel IMO. But the city offers many fascinating districts with historic nodes. In 2020, the city had about 309,000 residents ranking as the 65th largest city. But metro-wise, it ranked as 30th largest.

Over-The-Rhine is one of the most intact historic neighborhoods in the US. It suffered through multiple decades of decay, but fortunately most of the historic building stock remained. Over the past 15 years, its experienced significant reinvestment as businesses have opened and buildings have been fixed up.

Mercer Street, Looking to Vine, Over-the-Rhine, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Former Post Office Station V, Vine Street, Over-the-Rhine, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Cincinnati-OTR Vine St by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

East 14th Street, Looking east from Vine, Over-The-Rhine, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Vine Street, Looking South towards Downtown from Over-The-Rhine, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Race Street, Over-The-Rhine, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Over the Rhine, Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Cincinnati Color Building, Vine Street, Over-The-Rhine, Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Storefronts along Main Street, Over-The-Rhine, Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Building along Main Street, Over-The-Rhine, Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

17891856-CC1B-4C3F-A781-FAE750ABB32A by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Steeples of St. Francis Catholic Church, Over-The-Rhine, Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Schwartz's Point, Vine Street at McMicken Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Heading up the hill to the University of Cincinnati:
Nippert Stadium, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr
Gettler Stadium, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

DuBois Bookstore, Calhoun Street, near University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Hughes STEM High School, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Skyline Chili, Ludlow St, Clifton, Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Roanoke Apartments, Ludlow Avenue, Clifton Neighborhood, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Ludlow Avenue, Clifton, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Businesses Along Ludlow Avenue, Clifton, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Mr Gene's Dog House, Beekman Street, South Cummingsville, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Former Lunkenheimer Factory, Tremont Street, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Overlooking Downtown Cincinnati from Devou Park, Covington, KY by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

The Texture of Cincinnati--Looking toward University of Cincinnati from Devou Park, KY by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Brent Spence Bridge Crossing the Ohio River into Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

MORE Cincinnati to come!

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 1:33 AM

Cincinnati Overview from Olden View Park (West Side) by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Downtown Cincinnati from Olden View Park by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Cincinnati from Olden View Park by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Ohio River Bridges & Covington, KY from Olden View Park, Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Cincinnati Skyline from River Road (near Mt. Hope Avenue) by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Tool Wagon & Fuel Co Number 1, Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Looking down East 9th Street to Second National Bank Building, downtown Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

West Court Street Buildings, Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

AAA Office, Race & Court Streets, downtown Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Kroger Corporate Headquarters, downtown Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

St. Louis Church, Walnut Street, downtown Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Mt. Adams Neighborhood, Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Hyde Park is one of many Cincinnati neighborhoods with it's own commercial district.

Hyde Park Commercial District, Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Hyde Park, Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr
Hyde Park, Cincinnati, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Downtown Cincinnati Skyline by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Downtown Skyline from I-71/I-75, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

As a supplement, I'm adding a few more Cincinnati photos from years prior to 2022.

P&G and Mt Adams, Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Main Street, downtown Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Fountain Square, downtown Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

House of Adam, downtown Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Cincinnati Books for sale at Ohio Books, Main Street, downtown Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Main Street, downtown Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

PNC Center, 5th & Main, downtown Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

The Banks, Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Kids enjoying a water fountain in Washington Park, with Music Hall behind, Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Findlay Market, Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

St Francis Seraph School, Liberty Street, Over-The-Rhine, Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Mariemont business node at Chestnut & Oak, Mariemont, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Sheldon Close, Mariemont, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Town Square, Mariemont, OH by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Mariemont, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Along Race Street, downtown Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Neon Signs at The American Sign Museum, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Mount Adams, Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

John A. Roebling Bridge over The Ohio River, Cincinnati, Ohio by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Downtown Cincinnati & The Ohio River by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Garfield Place, downtown Cincinnati by Todd Jacobson, on Flickr

Next Up: COVINGTON, KENTUCKY

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 3:22 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

queen city, capital of appalachia, you name it, this is the best tour i have ever seen as i know the place. bravo well done.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 5:09 AM

Great to see Cincy! Hopefully they'll be able to host a Super Bowl victory parade this winter!

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 7:27 PM

Incredibly enjoyable tour of Ohio's largest cities... thank you! When I lived in Ohio I always loved how different each of the cities feels from one another. Having lived in Dublin in the late 90's, those photos of Bridge Park blow my mind.... looked on Google Maps and there's a huge development on the other side of the river as well connected with a pedestrian bridge over the river!

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 7:47 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
Incredibly enjoyable tour of Ohio's largest cities... thank you! When I lived in Ohio I always loved how different each of the cities feels from one another. Having lived in Dublin in the late 90's, those photos of Bridge Park blow my mind.... looked on Google Maps and there's a huge development on the other side of the river as well connected with a pedestrian bridge over the river!
you think that blows your mind? i remember when dublin was a corn field.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 7:49 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioGuy View Post
Great to see Cincy! Hopefully they'll be able to host a Super Bowl victory parade this winter!
yes, yes a thousand time yes to this.

of course, after just one more little loss this sunday.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 8:26 PM

Thanks for these photos! I love the diversity of the 3Cs...each has their own style and personality. I am partial to Cincinnati, as I think it has the best architecture, topography, and distinct neighborhoods and neighborhood business districts, but I respect that each 'C' has its own strengths. Sometimes I like to think about if the 3Cs were combined into one large city.

I especially appreciate your photos of Mariemont, a community that I really love and find very special. Looking forward to seeing your Covington photos!

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 11:21 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
Originally Posted by edale View Post
Thanks for these photos! I love the diversity of the 3Cs...each has their own style and personality. I am partial to Cincinnati, as I think it has the best architecture, topography, and distinct neighborhoods and neighborhood business districts, but I respect that each 'C' has its own strengths. Sometimes I like to think about if the 3Cs were combined into one large city.

I especially appreciate your photos of Mariemont, a community that I really love and find very special. Looking forward to seeing your Covington photos!
can you imagine if the three c’s were combined? what an epic city that would be. we’d have waterfront and beaches, hills and dales, valleys and rivers plural … and sprawl and cornfields (thx columbus!) lol.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos