The Brooklyn Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 8, 2022, 2:48 AM
New Yorker for life

This building just looks so dam good.

https://twitter.com/leaveit4later/st...78646570397696

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2022, 3:19 AM

What I love about this tower is that not only would it look great in almost any American skyline, but I feel like theres something very “Brooklyn” about it that makes it look best for here.

Maybe it’s the color, a testament to the brownstones it’s well known for? Or the fact that it has a top that resembles a king’s crown, a reference to the fact that Brooklyn is also known as Kings County?

Old Posted Nov 8, 2022, 3:57 AM

Such a badass looking tower.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2022, 4:55 AM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post
What I love about this tower is that not only would it look great in almost any American skyline, but I feel like theres something very “Brooklyn” about it that makes it look best for here.

Maybe it’s the color, a testament to the brownstones it’s well known for? Or the fact that it has a top that resembles a king’s crown, a reference to the fact that Brooklyn is also known as Kings County?
It looks very "Gotham" to me. I don't know if it necessarily feels like Brooklyn but since NYC is Gotham and Brooklyn is NYC...there you have it.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Nov 8, 2022, 2:17 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:

Some of all of the above. I love the color, and the bold vertical lines. It’s without a doubt one of the city’s greats, and the best in Brooklyn by a mile. Imagine if it had been a blue glass skyscraper instead.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2022, 7:41 AM

Quote:

idk man i think it'd look amazing in Chicago too. But lucky for Brooklyn they got it

Old Posted Nov 15, 2022, 3:20 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Nov 15, 2022, 1:47 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:

i don't think it would look as right elsewhere. its a striking modern gothic style that belongs in gotham. it's almost hard to believe the developers and architects got it so 'right.' if anything can be taken away it gives you a lot of hope that with luck such a perfect style fit can be found for your own various cities.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2022, 5:11 AM

I think this tower is the best designed exterior of any of the taller buildings built in any city in the last 20 years. I wish it could have been wider because it

would have only looked stronger. As I watched this tower rise following One Chicago, I couldn't help but think how that building (which is a very good and

clever composition) would have been so much more impressive if it had emphasized its vertical lines in a similar deep distinctiveness. The shiny blue flatness is

so overused these days and I hope this tower will open people's minds to the world of possibilities beyond that trend.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2022, 8:17 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Alemel

Old Posted Nov 21, 2022, 1:48 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

from this past friday ... a glorious commuting morning on the boat ...

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 6:30 AM
Midtowner since 2K

What a gorgreous building. I really love how the crown just compliments that verticality so well. The silhouette of this tower is incredible.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2022, 4:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Nov 27, 2022 at 4:45 PM.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2022, 4:24 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: Shaun Ganley

Old Posted Dec 5, 2022, 3:42 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 4:29 AM
New Yorker for life

Don't remember seeing this one, but I like the way it towers over Brooklyn.

David Phillips

Old Posted Dec 8, 2022, 5:15 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ yeah i think thats a new view -- and what views they are wow.

also wow they need to drop that scaffolding already yeesh.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2022, 4:26 AM
New Yorker for life

Another good one...

wyliepoon

Old Posted Dec 12, 2022, 6:31 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Could Brooklyn soon break into the top ten skylines in the USA? Does it already?
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2022, 10:34 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
Could Brooklyn soon break into the top ten skylines in the USA? Does it already?
I don't know if it's quite top 10 nationally yet in size (it's getting close, but it probably needs a bit more upper end height), but consider this: if you scooped up the Brooklyn skyline and air dropped onto a Midwest cornfield, it would become the second largest skyline in the Midwest by most measures. (Minneapolis would still have a 3rd 700+ footer, but I feel like BT's supertall status overrides that).

Last edited by Steely Dan; Dec 13, 2022 at 2:02 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture