HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 5:56 PM

I don't have a favorite, but Vienna is the full package and probably the 'grandest' city in Europe.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2021, 7:56 PM

This thread is just funny to me... People on here are so clueless.

The thread was pointless, to begin with.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2021, 1:43 AM

from the last visited cities I really liked Istanbul

Old Posted Aug 3, 2021, 8:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
This thread is just funny to me... People on here are so clueless.

The thread was pointless, to begin with.
Well you sound like quite the troll as you not only failed to answer the question but insulted those that did as well as the OP's question. Why post if all you're going to do is insult everyone?

My favorite city is ironically, Paris but then it's really the only European city i've visited although if I ever encountered someone like you there it probably wouldn't be

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 9:58 AM

^ Hé hé, I knew I would get replies like this when I wrote the comment, but it doesn't matter.

You're a just bit a harsh by your judgement when you don't know the person you talk about.
As far as I go, I actually always act civilized and even kind to tourists here.
Cause you know, it's important for us to be friendly, make sure they enjoy their stay and feel good here... Not only because they spend their money that's most often hard to earn over the place, but also because the mere fact that they spend some of their time to visit our city is very nice of them. I couldn't tell whether we deserve it or not, but it is like a privilege given to us, so to say.
That's the way I see it and I guess more and more get aware of it in this COVID time. Foreign tourists are badly missed here. From now on, people who complain about them (which is idiotic and unfair) might think twice before doing so.

Now, why is this thread nonsensical to me? Because it's impossible to say what town would be the nicest, most beautiful or whatever in Europe. They are just different.
It's like people constantly discussing London vs Paris. I've always been said that both towns are actually quite different by those who know London well enough, each with their own good traits and flaws.

You might enjoy some nice experience anywhere anyway. Suppose you'd go to Warsaw, Poland and madly fall in love with a woman over there, by an accident. Well, Varsaw, Poland would then turn out to be your favorite place on Earth.
That's it.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2021, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Now, why is this thread nonsensical to me? Because it's impossible to say what town would be the nicest, most beautiful or whatever in Europe.
But the thread asks: What is your favorite? Favorite is by definition subjective and needs no logical or even reasonable explanation.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2021, 10:50 PM

To me, Edinburgh is a phantasm. The color of the stone on the hill, the classical part of the city, the castle, the dramatic landscape, and so much history. Being from Québec, I feel I have some roots over there. The Scottish have had a big influence here. Personally from Irish ancestry, but there is a feeling, going back to Mary Stuart, maybe. (My ancestry is also mostly French)

However, I agree with Mousquet, there is no answer to that question.������

Last edited by Binour; Aug 12, 2021 at 11:30 PM. Reason: precision

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 3:46 PM

Alright...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbao58 View Post
But the thread asks: What is your favorite? Favorite is by definition subjective and needs no logical or even reasonable explanation.
Wait, everybody in this world wants and needs logics, rationalism, reason and objectiveness to be reassured and comforted.
Saying otherwise has always taken the people to darkness.
People just need merciless accurate sciences and God, which are actually the same.

I mean, who gives a fuck about your personal favorite thing and worries? No one does. I believe even the Lord Himself barely does, cause He wants you stronger than that. You know, Christ just looks at you and says - come on, you can do better than that.
They've all got their favorite things and own issues, hardly ever the same as yours.

Again, that's why this kind of conversations is pointless. The OP just desperately hoped London would come 1st on here, then gave up on this site. Who the hell is the troll?

I'll tell you what, I could invade this forum with thousands of pictures like these then ask them all in a nasty grin - so, what the heck is the prettiest / grandest city in Europe?
But I won't. It'd be too easy, lazy and evil.

Deal with this whole thing.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2021, 4:46 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Empty cavity is not well-travelled. Not exactly the surprise of the century.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Aug 24, 2021, 9:19 PM

Florence.

Unimaginably beautiful.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2021, 10:17 AM

Smile

I like every city in europe, but my favorites are:
1. London
2. Hamburg
3. Rotterdam

I love harbours!

Old Posted Oct 18, 2021, 11:26 PM

Over the years, as an American, I've been to many many places in Europe. London, Paris, Copenhagen, Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Barcelona, Granada, Madrid, Florence, Rome, Pisa, Genoa, Vienna, Prague, Corsica, Ibiza, Formentera.

My favorites are Paris (for the culture), Copenhagen (for the design), Berlin (for the nightlife), and Prague (for the jaw dropping architecture).

I went to Madrid on a whim a few years ago and was blown away by it's beauty, the climate, and the level of infrastructure...but was underwhelmed by its energy. I would definitely go back but it wasn't as lively as I expected it to be and Spanish food after a week leaves something to be desired. It's so bland.

Tops of my list for places I've been meaning to go that I haven't been to yet: Lisbon, Stockholm, Lyon, Croatia, Greek Islands, Istanbul, and Vilnius (my family is Lithuanian).

It sounds like from this thread I'd also be advised to add Ljubljana, Warsaw, and Thessaloniki to the list as well.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 4:58 PM

I plan to hit up Copenhagen next year but I've been to UK and Ireland with family

Dublin and Bath were my favorite spots

Old Posted Dec 13, 2022, 7:11 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbao58 View Post

Man this frog likes to argue even more than me

I think our difference lies in the fact that I mean what I say and say what I mean

Old Posted Dec 16, 2022, 6:12 PM

^ I'm a bit nervous about the WC final... I want my country to win it all.
That's why I'm replying to you, but I really shouldn't.
I'm just really nervous about the Argentinians and I'm freaking out on social media right now.
In normal times, I wouldn't bite at such an insignificant bait, cause it's pitiful.
But anyway...

You sorry Roast Beef (English) are ignorant dorks.
We Frogs have been trained at criticizing everything as of the age of 15 or 16. Including ourselves, and harshly quite sometimes.

Except for Boolean algebra, nothing is binary to us. Everyday human life is not as simple as true or false, right or wrong, 0 or 1...
This works to dumb machines designed to do anything we tell them to.
But humans are more complicated. Their thinking is far more complex and when they really think, oftentimes they get to conflicting conclusions, in spite of themselves, which shows how deeply intelligent and smart they can be.

So, you actually mean nothing by implying that I would be a hypocrite. You said it, but if you knew me in real life, you would hate me even more.
Precisely because I always say what goes through my stupid brain at instant t.
Sometimes, I regret it very much afterwards, but that's the way I am anyway.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2022, 1:07 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

Quote:
^ I'm a bit nervous about the WC final... I want my country to win it all.
That's why I'm replying to you, but I really shouldn't.
I'm just really nervous about the Argentinians and I'm freaking out on social media right now.
In normal times, I wouldn't bite at such an insignificant bait, cause it's pitiful.
But anyway...

SEE IT: Argentina fans celebrate World Cup win in Queens

By Dean Moses
Posted on December 18, 2022

Some ran into the roadways waving the Argentinian flag, others climbed on lamp posts and bus seating areas shouting with joy.

Q58 buses were detoured in both directions on Corona Avenue between 92nd Street and Junction Boulevard due to the momentous celebration.

Cars and trucks adorn with Argentina’s flags and colors, cruised through the streets honking their horns in pride.

more+pics:
https://www.amny.com/news/argentina-...ld-cup-queens/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe