HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal

Old Posted Oct 14, 2013, 2:35 AM

Chalet BBQ = best rotisserie chicken in MTL (and by extension, in all of Canada...?). Their fries are awesome too!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2013, 12:02 AM
The Vomit Bag.

^hands-down. In my view, the world's tastiest fries. I love the place. EVERYTIME I go back to Montreal I go for my dinner special (1/4 brest w/ coleslaw and fries and sauce).
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Oct 15, 2013, 2:41 AM

Excellent place for Fish and chips; Brit and Chips at 433 McGill or 5536a Côte-des- Neiges. Fresh, tasty, and the homebrewed Burgundy Lion beer on tap is always nice.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2013, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
^hands-down. In my view, the world's tastiest fries. I love the place. EVERYTIME I go back to Montreal I go for my dinner special (1/4 brest w/ coleslaw and fries and sauce).
How are you doing Molson? Haven't spoken in years. I think that was my first SSP post in over 6 yrs.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2013, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montréaliste View Post
Excellent place for Fish and chips; Brit and Chips at 433 McGill or 5536a Côte-des- Neiges. Fresh, tasty, and the homebrewed Burgundy Lion beer on tap is always nice.
I've heard good things... Got to try it at some point

Old Posted Mar 5, 2014, 6:15 PM
The good old days are now

Boustan has opened a second location at 19 St-Catherine East. Looks like a nicer spot than the Crescent one.

http://www.globeater.com/view-restau...tan%20East-End

Old Posted Nov 21, 2015, 6:18 PM
Community Guy

Au pied de cochon last Friday for dinner, fantastic. We had a group of dix so we did a sampling.

One of the best dinners I have had in Canada, hands down. Excellent service, wonderful vin recommendation, perfect selections.

-Cromesquis de foie gras
-Charcuteries maison
-Tarte de Fg cru au sel
-Poutine aux capelans
-Carpaccio de canard
-Canard en conserve
-Tarte de boudin

http://www.restaurantaupieddecochon.ca

Saturday night we went to Joe Beef's sister Liverpool House

-We had a set menu, it was overwhelming and far far too much food. There were 5 entrees, 7 mains (2 ribeye, 2 pheasant, a fish, 2 lobster pasta) with a few sides, 3 dessert. Overall it was just ok, not much stood out, nothing was tasteless... but for the price and reputation... miss. If I go back it will be with 1 + 1 for a dish or 2 with a bottle. Also, similar to my time at Joe Beef, the blackboard wall for a menu is neat, but annoying as hell.

http://www.joebeef.ca

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Nov 21, 2015, 7:17 PM
More transit please

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
Au pied de cochon last Friday for dinner, fantastic. We had a group of dix so we did a sampling.

One of the best dinners I have had in Canada, hands down. Excellent service, wonderful vin recommendation, perfect selections.

-Cromesquis de foie gras
-Charcuteries maison
-Tarte de Fg cru au sel
-Poutine aux capelans
-Carpaccio de canard
-Canard en conserve
-Tarte de boudin

http://www.restaurantaupieddecochon.ca

Saturday night we went to Joe Beef's sister Liverpool House

-We had a set menu, it was overwhelming and far far too much food. There were 5 entrees, 7 mains (2 ribeye, 2 pheasant, a fish, 2 lobster pasta) with a few sides, 3 dessert. Overall it was just ok, not much stood out, nothing was tasteless... but for the price and reputation... miss. If I go back it will be with 1 + 1 for a dish or 2 with a bottle. Also, similar to my time at Joe Beef, the blackboard wall for a menu is neat, but annoying as hell.

http://www.joebeef.ca
Glad to see you enjoyed our gastronomy!

Old Posted Dec 7, 2015, 5:48 PM
The Vomit Bag.

The End of an Era. The famous Casse-Croute du Coin (aka Moe's Diner, corner de Maisonneuve and Lambert-Closse) closes its doors for good this morning.

cbc

Video and story: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montre...sing-1.3353388

Quote:
After serving food to Montrealers for almost six decades, Moe's Diner closed early this morning for the last time.

But not before having one last hurrah with its dedicated clientele.
■Moe's Diner, fixture next to old Montreal Forum, is closing
■Magnan's Tavern closing after 82 years in business
■Bens Restaurant closes forever

The 24-hour restaurant near the old Montreal Forum, officially called Casse-Croûte du Coin, was packed on Sunday and through the night with hungry patrons looking for one last meal.

"My dad used to come here. And I think he was the first one to say yeah, go to Moe's, it's still open. It's always open," one patron told CBC.

Owner Eddie Thomas put the place up for sale earlier in the year, but no one bought it. After the family leaves it, the landlord is going to look for a new tenant.
In my misspent youth, I have visited that place many hundreds (I dare say, thousands?) of times. My best friend lived on the same block, and we would be in there almost every day, often several times per day (and night, as we would head there for grease after a night drinking).

Seen many famous people in that place. Hockey legends, Hollywood actors, politicians, etc.

montrealgazette

Another anglo-montreal institution is lost forever. The owner and his family are local legends.

http://montrealgazette.com/news/loca...-of-moes-diner
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted May 8, 2018, 12:36 AM

Hey folks, my fiancée and I are heading to your beautiful city for the first time in a couple of weeks for 4 days. Any can’t miss eat spots casual and fancy? Appreciate the tips. You can PM as not to muddy the thread to much.
Merci

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Québec > Montréal