HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoatman View Post
Looking more and more like Toronto
Toronto if Toronto actually had maybe 8 CN Tower level of iconic recognizable structures at least. Which it really doesn't. Unless you're only talking about the West Loop and not all of Chicago. Which I agree. It would be nice if the West Loop had a 9 DeKalb type of peak in the skyline...eventually.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 4:56 AM
devout Pizzatarian

^ I think the Toronto comparison is more about how chicago's skyline is finally making a very serious push deep into the interior of the city, away from the lakefront, an aspect that Toronto's skyline excels at.

And "yes please!!!!!!!" to a 9 dekalb-type signature tower for the west loop.

A man can dream...... but let's get our first 600 footer out that way built first.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 5:40 AM

rgarri4 - You are absolutely incredible.

We are so spoiled by how fast you incorporate, detail, and generously share your models with us.

Thank you!

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 3:01 PM

Morris Adjmi Architects has been getting a lot of work in the West Loop. Surprised they don't have a satelite office in Chicago at this point.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty Joe View Post
Unreal momentum in Fulton Market, can't wait to see how it unfolds. The Bridgford Foods site would be an epic supertall location, but there are many possibilities.
From what I've heard about the Brigford Foods site is that it'll be taller than the previous iteration, but probably won't be taller than 900 Randolph.

I'm guessing 350' - 450'... I was told we should hear more fairly soon.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
Wow, this came out of left field!
Nah, Crain's reported it in May of last year. The developer was calling the project "Fulton Square" at that time.

Quote:
Fulton Market developer plans massive apartment, office project
The 1.1 million-square-foot plan for "Fulton Square" adds to the mix of proposals for new residential buildings in the trendy neighborhood.

https://www.chicagobusiness.com/comm...office-project

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 11:01 PM
1st Ward

^ I guess I am not very perceptive

Either way, this is a happy surprise for me. Every time I think to myself that FM/WL can't get any crazier with new development, I keep getting humbled. It's a good feeling.

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 11:44 PM

Is there any way this could be linked to the Chicago super page?

Old Posted Jan 13, 2022, 11:54 PM
1st Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittsburghPA View Post
Is there any way this could be linked to the Chicago super page?
Yeah, but it takes time. Only a handful of admins on SSP have the power to do tag threads to city specific boards, and they are pretty slow on the roll IIRC.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 4:11 AM

Fulton Market mixed-use project gets $30 million in funding
Quote:
A $30.5 million loan to fund the acquisition and pre-development of 1200 Fulton Street, a mixed-use development planned for Chicago's West Loop Fulton Market neighborhood, has been obtained.

Commercial real estate lender Acres Capital Corp. of Uniondale, New York, said it originated the loan to buy the property that it said consists of 19 parcels of land totaling 92,944 square feet. The real estate is slated to be developed into two office/retail buildings totaling 749,250 square feet as well as a 380-unit residential tower that will have 5,000 net rental square feet for retail.
https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...Pos=4#cxrecs_s

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 5:01 AM

Damn! They aren't waiting around on this one lol. Then again, maybe this is just people seeing the rate hike writing on the wall and trying to secure financing as fast as humanly possible?

Old Posted Jan 19, 2022, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister244 View Post
Damn! They aren't waiting around on this one lol. Then again, maybe this is just people seeing the rate hike writing on the wall and trying to secure financing as fast as humanly possible?
Seems like per the article the financing was for the aqusition only & likely some site work (i.e demo of existing structure). They will need 10X this for the actual project...

Old Posted Mar 31, 2022, 3:28 PM

Article on Fulton St Cos. plans for 1200 W Fulton. Several interesting tidbits, the project has now grown to 1.5 million sqft, with it being 600-700 feet. I also though these quotes were interesting:

Quote:
What they’re saying: “This is only going to recharge the neighborhood and give it extra juice,” Soltero said. “There’s going to be an increased focus on the western side. This confirms that you’ve got to go west, and I feel like it’s going to open the floodgates for more tenants and investors. It’s going to continue filling in.”

Fun fact: Fulton Market is the fastest-growing urban office market in the country over the past five years, with no letup in sight. Notable office tenants include the global headquarters of McDonald’s and Mondelez International, and the Midwest headquarters of Google.
https://www.costar.com/article/15137...-fulton-market

Old Posted Mar 31, 2022, 4:44 PM

l'm looking forward to more refined renderings and details. Any height increase is only a bonus now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy34 View Post
Article on Fulton St Cos. plans for 1200 W Fulton. Several interesting tidbits, the project has now grown to 1.5 million sqft, with it being 600-700 feet. I also though these quotes were interesting:

https://www.costar.com/article/15137...-fulton-market
Quote:
What’s next: The buyer plans to seek zoning approval from the city for a $600 million mixed-use development that would be one of the most ambitious ever undertaken in the neighborhood once known for forklifts, delivery trucks and meatpackers’ blood-soaked smocks. Fulton Street has said towers could rise as high as 600 to 700 feet, becoming the tallest in the area. Preliminary plans include an apartment and hotel tower and smaller office and life sciences structures, with about 1.5 million square feet of space combined. Fulton Street’s investors include residential developer Waterton, Harrison Street co-founder and CEO Chris Merrill, and Shanna Khan, daughter of Jacksonville Jaguars and Flex-N-Gate owner Shadid Khan.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2022, 6:09 PM
Houston:Considered Good

Interesting how they leave open spacing between the buildings. The complex will be so much better when more buildings get developed surrounding it by other developers.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 5:44 AM

With JDL as co-developer, I wonder when this project will officially start construction.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 6:44 AM

1200 W Fulton Market Receives First Demolition Permit

https://chicagoyimby.com/2023/02/120...on-permit.html

1200 W Fulton Market Receives First Demolition Permit

BY: JACK CRAWFORD 7:45 AM ON FEBRUARY 27, 2023

Quote:
The first demolition permit has now been issued for a major new mixed-use development at 1200 W Fulton Street in Fulton Market. The development will replace a parking lot and three existing one-story industrial buildings with three structures, delivering 1.5 million square feet of space designed by Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture with Morris Adjmi Architects consulting on the project. The developer, Fulton Street Companies, is partnering with Waterton, a local landlord company, and Harrison Street Real Estate Capital.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2023, 6:03 PM

Old Posted Apr 20, 2023, 9:45 PM

Thanks for the update, BVictor. By chance, did you see any demo activity across the street at 1201?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1 View Post

Old Posted Apr 20, 2023, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
Thanks for the update, BVictor. By chance, did you see any demo activity across the street at 1201?
None yet.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals