HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Nov 24, 2023, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer34 View Post
If I was the developer, I would've just gone for at least 500 ft for both towers, but 444 ft X 2 is a nice height. I guess it's because I'd love to see Miami compete with NY & Chicago for most tall buildings, but it's a massive building for low rise Coconut Grove.
500 Ft would be a treat, but keep in mind how far Miami has come. 400 FT towers right next to a Metrorail station wasn't a thing in the 2000s. Now, there's a boom of multifamily and even office right next to transit stations.

Beyond towers, there's the underline which will have small shops and a biking/walking path under the transit line, filled with native trees and attractions.

And hopefully before the world cup, a Metrorail line to the Hardrock stadium.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2023, 6:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoic View Post
500 Ft would be a treat, but keep in mind how far Miami has come. 400 FT towers right next to a Metrorail station wasn't a thing in the 2000s. Now, there's a boom of multifamily and even office right next to transit stations.

Beyond towers, there's the underline which will have small shops and a biking/walking path under the transit line, filled with native trees and attractions.

And hopefully before the world cup, a Metrorail line to the Hardrock stadium.
https://www.ctbuh.org

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...st_skyscrapers

I guess competition brings out the best in everybody!!! I'm not pining for the project to go over 500 ft, as I understand that back in the 80's, the 90's and at least half of the 2000's, Miami had the reputation as a beach town, a huge Cuban and Latino enclave, and a crime ridden place. It's still a beach town and it still has the Cuban enclave, but the crime has dissipated to it's lower levels ever recorder plus the multitude of towers that have been erected since the mid 2000's.

The link at Douglas is a fine project, like I said earlier. Miami currently has the third largest skyline only behind Chicago and NYC. While Chicago and NYC have way more skyscrapers and supertalls than Miami, one is being built as of today (Waldorf-Astoria), and up to eight more supertalls have been proposed including 7 which will go over 1000 ft tall in Miami, which would give the city 9 supertalls over Chicago's current number of 7 supertall in which 6 are over 1000 ft and one more proposed (Tribune East), totaling 8 supertalls if built. It's a pretty fun competition for both cities to vie for the title as "the second city" when it comes for finance.

By 2030, Miami will be a completely different city and the only cities that I could compare Miami to in the US are NYC, Chicago, LA, and to a certain degree, Boston and SF due to those cities physical size and high densities, and in Europe, Paris, Barcelona, Marseilles, and Amsterdam.

Finally, the city (and other FL cities such as Ft Lauderdale, Tampa, and maybe Orlando), should fight the FAA and enact their no fly zones on their downtown because it doesn't make sense why MIA should have it's growth stunted when MIA is 5 miles from downtown, and the runways don't direct cross into downtown. If anything, change the flight patterns away from downtown and straight line into Miami's shore, then you can turn once you hit the water, which would allow for more bigger, taller buildings in Downtown Miami. My opinion!

Old Posted Nov 26, 2023, 7:09 PM

Also the parking is not just for the units. There is also a grocery store and park and ride spots for the Metrorail Station. This was built on a former parking lot for the metrorail station, so I'm sure MDT wanted to make sure they got their parking spots back.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction