HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

245 Rideau Tower [2] in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Ottawa Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Oct 22, 2022, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
As I was walking around Royale tonight, I was really appreciating the Charcoal/White cladding. It's a nice contrast on the block. No, I am not being sarcastic as usual. I have no problem with Charcoal and White cladding, I just think that 'Variety is the Spice of Life', and we don't have enough of that going on in Ottawa.
Yes and the Cumberland view (your photo) is not bad especially compared to the wall of Teal on Rideau

Old Posted Oct 22, 2022, 12:20 AM

I believe the tower on the corner of Cumberland and Rideau is topping out right now at 18 floors, based on the most recent renderings. I'm so frickin' glad they are putting the 18 floor tower on this corner, not the 26 or 28. The Great Wall of Rideau desperately needs this kind of height variation.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2022, 4:39 AM

Quote:
I believe the tower on the corner of Cumberland and Rideau is topping out right now at 18 floors, based on the most recent renderings. I'm so frickin' glad they are putting the 18 floor tower on this corner, not the 26 or 28. The Great Wall of Rideau desperately needs this kind of height variation.

This photo looks very New Yorkish....

Old Posted Oct 22, 2022, 1:51 PM

Quote:
I think you're looking at an old render. I think they are headed to 24 and are already at 20 or 21.

The great wall continues.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2022, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal View Post
I think you're looking at an old render. I think they are headed to 24 and are already at 20 or 21.

The great wall continues.
That corner is at 18 right now, not 20 or 21. Somehow, I only just realized that this is only two towers, not three. Do we even have a render that compares with massing that's going up right now??

Old Posted Oct 22, 2022, 7:53 PM

Quote:
That corner is at 18 right now, not 20 or 21. Somehow, I only just realized that this is only two towers, not three. Do we even have a render that compares with massing that's going up right now??

The podium is also two stories. I had assumed the huge tower on the right would separate into two towers at some point but seems like you're right it's one and we have no render showing that.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2022, 8:12 PM

Let me guess: two 28 story towers exactly the same height as CP1/2/3/4/Envie.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 1:29 PM

Harley, those ground level pictures make the towers actually look not terrible. Reminds me of Toronto.

I wish they would have at least built the Claridge Plaza podiums out of a material other than the beige pre-case (or stucco, whatever it is) to make them distinct from the towers.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2022, 1:34 PM

Quote:

Towers were always connected, but renderings showed a narrower "hallway" type connection between the towers.

Wonder if they will build those "voids".

If the ground level looks like this, it won't be so bad.

https://www.mattrichling.com/claridge-royale

While I'm posting renderings:

https://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/ca/clar...le#image-All-1

Old Posted Oct 24, 2022, 1:55 PM

So weird... I wonder what they actual project looks like now with so many conflicting renders & what is currently being built.

Was not a fan of most of the renders but I do like how sleek that corner black tower is looking. That render showing the 2 towers (but a taller "rear-end"), almost looking like 3 towers... That one shows a corner one of roughly 19 stories, so if they're already at 20, it would seem that that's not the design being built.

Also, love that picture looking up at that intersection. Cool "big city" vibes, which is rare for Ottawa. One would think that this intersection (Rideau / Cumberland) would most likely be the densest little pocket of Ottawa and most likely become the most busy intersection (pedestrian wise) when all of these new developments open.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2022, 10:02 PM

Walked by today and snapped a few pics.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSkyline View Post
So weird... I wonder what they actual project looks like now with so many conflicting renders & what is currently being built.

Was not a fan of most of the renders but I do like how sleek that corner black tower is looking. That render showing the 2 towers (but a taller "rear-end"), almost looking like 3 towers... That one shows a corner one of roughly 19 stories, so if they're already at 20, it would seem that that's not the design being built.

Also, love that picture looking up at that intersection. Cool "big city" vibes, which is rare for Ottawa. One would think that this intersection (Rideau / Cumberland) would most likely be the densest little pocket of Ottawa and most likely become the most busy intersection (pedestrian wise) when all of these new developments open.
The corner 'tower' is at 18 floors, but I have a hunch that the entire L shaped building, and the other tower, will end up being one giant uniformly 28 story addition to the Great Wall of Rideau.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2022, 2:07 AM
Cigritbutt enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Harley, those ground level pictures make the towers actually look not terrible. Reminds me of Toronto.

I wish they would have at least built the Claridge Plaza podiums out of a material other than the beige pre-case (or stucco, whatever it is) to make them distinct from the towers.
It's all stucco on CP 1/2. The Rideau st. frontage is god awful. You can all the bootprints and broken cracked stucco/mesh. All the coping is stucco as well which probably means it will never be able to be properly cleaned of all the diesel soot dripping down. Not related to CP directly but that awesome light up cube thing has been missing for a while now.. at the corner of Waller and Rideau. So that's a shame.

CP 3/4 look more like precast panel to me. I find the ground floor street presence of 3/4 to be much more desirable.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2022, 9:10 PM

Walk by this pretty frequently and while the Rideau facing portion looks sleek with what looks like floor to ceiling windows, the back and side portions have pretty typical cookie cutout windows. Really wish they had more sides with continuous glass. It really makes a difference in terms of design and style.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 2:05 PM

Is Metro supposed to reopen in the podium when this finished construction?

Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 2:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSkyline View Post
Is Metro supposed to reopen in the podium when this finished construction?
That was the plan. No recent confirmation though.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2022, 6:43 PM

The giant cutouts facing the LCBO look suitable for large format store windows. It will be interesting to see those get completely blocked by future development of the LCBO site.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2022, 4:40 PM

Lots of cranes in that image

Old Posted Oct 30, 2022, 4:58 PM

It's funny how this area of Rideau is already far and away the densest, busiest, most lively (for better or for worse), most 'big city' feeling, 'downtown'ish area of the city at ground level...yet the whole agglomeration of towers is barely visible on the skyline because they sit at the bottom of a depression, and the highrises are all 23-29 stories.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2022, 8:05 PM

Not the best picture but on a swing at 160 Chapel today

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa