HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 4:31 PM

The timber-frame construction portion of Ponce City Market "Parcel B" has officially gone vertical. Via PCM facebook.

"We’re proud to announce the start of vertical construction on our new mass timber building at 619 Ponce - a major step towards sustainable development and environmental sustainability. 🌲🏗️ With this innovative design, we're dedicated to reducing our carbon footprint and providing a healthy and safe workspace for our community. Stay tuned for updates on our progress."

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 5:18 PM

Here's the most recent renderings of 619 Ponce.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 6:00 PM

I like this expansion a lot. The PCM campus will have an interesting mix of height, construction methods, and cladding.

Some folks get so caught up in height, but i think having variation adds a lot to the texture of the urban environment.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourner_Terminus View Post
I like this expansion a lot. The PCM campus will have an interesting mix of height, construction methods, and cladding.

Some folks get so caught up in height, but i think having variation adds a lot to the texture of the urban environment.
Once this parcel is complete, is PCM officially 100% built out, or are there plans to re-do the surface parking area next to the building where Sephora and City Winery are? I remember rumors pre-Covid about an Apple Store opening in an outparcel somewhere but can't imagine where now without tearing up the long lawn area.

EDIT: On second look at the latest rendering, the "Barn and Clay" store is actually the perfect spot for an Apple Store. It's right up their alley to be in an eco-friendly building on a corner lot with high visibility from the street but still pedestrian-friendly from the food hall.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2023, 7:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparker73 View Post
Once this parcel is complete, is PCM officially 100% built out, or are there plans to re-do the surface parking area next to the building where Sephora and City Winery are? I remember rumors pre-Covid about an Apple Store opening in an outparcel somewhere but can't imagine where now without tearing up the long lawn area.

EDIT: On second look at the latest rendering, the "Barn and Clay" store is actually the perfect spot for an Apple Store. It's right up their alley to be in an eco-friendly building on a corner lot with high visibility from the street but still pedestrian-friendly from the food hall.
Agree 100,,the Apple store at Lenox is way overrun//

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Agree 100,,the Apple store at Lenox is way overrun//
It's stunning to me that Apple has only one store inside the Perimeter.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 1:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
It's stunning to me that Apple has only one store inside the Perimeter.
The only other ITP area I could have imagined a store was somewhere along Peachtree between 10th and 14th streets in the early days of Apple Stores before they started focusing on malls. PCM is outperforming Lenox on a $/sf basis and now seems like a natural fit for a landmark Apple Store.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 6:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparker73 View Post

At one point there were plans to put something in the middle of the remaining parking area, it was something that looked like an apple store, but it didn't make it with these phases of changes so maybe that'll happen down the road.

There is also this version where they have another office building there.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2023, 1:56 PM

Land development permit filed for Tech Square phase 3 at 830 West Peachtree.

https://aca-prod.accela.com/ATLANTA_...howInspection=

Old Posted Mar 4, 2023, 3:22 PM

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/03/11609...d-headquarters

What a shock! I am 200% in on Atlanta DODGED A BULLET

Old Posted Mar 5, 2023, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin View Post
https://www.npr.org/2023/03/03/11609...d-headquarters

What a shock! I am 200% in on Atlanta DODGED A BULLET
They are just pausing the second pause though, the first phase already has 8,000 workers…

Old Posted Mar 5, 2023, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username123 View Post
They are just pausing the second pause though, the first phase already has 8,000 workers…
Yeah, everyone online is dunking on Amazon and all the cities that bid for HQ2, but its still a win for DC in my eyes and probably theirs. That's a ton of 6 figure salaries, several new office buildings and all the adjacent development. Give it a few years and they will probably finish anyways.

Microsoft on the other hand.... I'm hopeful but not confident.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2023, 5:42 PM

It is amazing how people who supported Amazon will jump through hoops to defend their actions

So glad we didn't "win" their grift

Old Posted Mar 7, 2023, 12:54 AM

They spray painted the fencing surrounding the site of Midtown Exchange this weekend. I think it'll be a while before that one gets started

Old Posted Mar 11, 2023, 1:50 PM

Modera Parkside, 1449 Peachtree, 1405 Spring

Old Posted Mar 11, 2023, 9:30 PM

1449 Peachtree this morning. Of course wasn't taking pic of it but.........

Old Posted Mar 19, 2023, 5:04 AM

Exclamation

I find a lot of projects outside the perimeter interesting. For instance the rowen research park project close to athens. The way I see it, we should have things dotted all around because people travel from all over the USA and beyond, and sometimes a capital city is too much,, but that doesn't mean we can't have a portion of that infrastructure in places like for example Athens where people are starved of resources like housing, stores, or jobs. Maybe the opus place residential tower people should reconsider moving there, or maybe they should just build it where it's.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 10:29 AM

Next phase 725 Ponce in the works

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...Pos=7#cxrecs_s

Quote:
Atlanta-based real estate firm Cousins Properties Inc. (NYSE: CUZ) is working with New City Properties and J.P. Morgan Asset Management to redevelop a parking lot at 715 Ponce de Leon Avenue into an office building with ground-level retail space.

The project would serve as the next phase of 725 Ponce, a 12-story tower leased by companies such as BlackRock Inc. and McKinsey & Co., which were among the first major corporations to relocate to the BeltLine.

The proposal calls for approximately seven stories of offices above a six-level parking deck, according to a permit recently filed with the City of Atlanta. it would rise between the Ford Factory Lofts, Green's Beverages and Kroger. Cousins entered a partnership to redevelop the lot when it purchased 725 Ponce for a record price from New City Properties in 2021.
Not a fan of having half the building be a parking deck here.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...Pos=7#cxrecs_s

Not a fan of having half the building be a parking deck here.
Kroger often doesn’t have enough parking for customers though. Will this help provide some parking for the store?

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 9:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username123 View Post
Kroger often doesn’t have enough parking for customers though. Will this help provide some parking for the store?
Perhaps that's the reason

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta