HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Jan 21, 2022, 4:23 AM

Old Posted Feb 7, 2022, 2:21 AM
heavy user of walkability

various shots, starting from the SE and moving counter-clockwise

Old Posted Feb 8, 2022, 12:21 AM

timbad - thanks for the update. I need to get down there as a lot has happened since I was last there.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2022, 12:26 AM

02/07/2022 - another building associated with the hefty red crane breaking the skyline from my apartment in the Fox Plaza! Interesting - three different types of cranes.
Mission Rock February 6, 2022

Old Posted Feb 22, 2022, 5:48 PM
你的媽媽

Cranes visible from Long Bridge St

From Mission Creek Park

Parcel B peeking out from behind the LUMA Hotel

The Canyon (Parcel A) peeking out from behind One Mission Bay

The Canyon (Parcel A) and Parcel B

The Canyon (Parcel A), Parcel B, and Visa HQ (Parcel G)

With a T Third train passing by

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 7:03 PM
你的媽媽

Some nice aerials courtesy of SF YIMBY:

https://sfyimby.com/2022/03/three-of...francisco.html

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 10:45 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROBLEMA View Post
As a Giants fan, all I see is $$$$$$$$

We better exceed the Dodgers in payroll after this is finished. SIGN EVERYBODY!
Not a fan of going the Yankees/Dodgers route. I'd rather build a homegrown team through good scouting, drafting, player development, and smart, timely trades, rather than buying a championship. It's more fun to watch and appreciate a team that grows and exceeds expectations rather than one that perennially underachieves with high priced mercenaries (World Series or bust) and fails to meet sky high expectations.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2022, 11:27 PM

In a similar vein, this sort of development is exactly what the dodgers should be doing with their acres of surface lots surrounding their stadium

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 10:11 PM

peeking out as seen from near Fourth St bridge

as seen from the south along Third

same angle closer up

looking in from Third St

Old Posted Mar 15, 2022, 10:14 PM
你的媽媽

^ Nice shots! Looks like the cladding is going up fairly quickly on The Canyon (Parcel A) and Visa HQ (Parcel G).

Old Posted Apr 6, 2022, 4:15 AM
你的媽媽

Nice recent aerial of Mission Rock.

https://www.instagram.com/marcus_aureliuz/

Old Posted Apr 13, 2022, 5:31 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Swinerton Tops Off The Canyon In Mission Rock, San Francisco

BY: ANDREW NELSON 5:30 AM ON APRIL 13, 2022

Swinerton crews have topped off The Canyon, the tallest residential tower in San Francisco to reach the milestone in 2022. The Canyon is a 23-story residential tower rising on Parcel A in the Mission Rock development along the Mission Bay waterfront. The master plan by Mission Rock Partners, a joint venture between the San Francisco Giants and Tishman Speyer, is replacing 28 acres of former surface parking with over a thousand units of housing, offices, retail, and new public parks.

Along with being topped out, facade installation has reached the halfway point, showcasing the design by the Netherlands-based MVRDV. The design is inspired by the confluence of San Francisco’s rigid urban grid system and the bold natural geography across the region. The narrow canyon winds through the building between the primary tower and a northeast annex, which will have a separate lobby while still giving residents access to the communal amenities on the second and sixth floors. The open space will feature lush landscaping while connecting residents and the public to the ‘handshake plaza’ by 3rd Street Bridge and the China Basin Park.

https://sfyimby.com/2022/04/swinerto...francisco.html

Old Posted Apr 14, 2022, 4:18 AM
你的媽媽

Old Posted Apr 18, 2022, 12:52 AM

Old Posted Apr 19, 2022, 6:29 AM
你的媽媽

Some very cool outdoor art installations here.

Quote:
These five winning “Street Rooms” will be realized in San Francisco’s Mission Rock neighborhood
By Matt Hickman • April 11, 2022

Directly opposite McCovey Cove and across the Third Street Bridge from Oracle Field, home of the San Francisco Giants, construction work is now underway on Mission Rock, a sprawling waterfront development project at the site of what was once an unsightly 28-acre surface parking lot. The ground-up district’s first phase will see the completion of two residential towers, courtesy MVRDV and Studio Gang, along with a pair of commercial office buildings designed by Henning Larsen and WORKac with 55,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space between them. The burgeoning San Francisco neighborhood—borne from a private-partnership between the Giants, Tishman Speyer, and the Port of San Francisco, and guided by what has been described as a collaboration-driven “anti-master-plan master plan”—will also feature a site-anchoring, five-acre swath of open green space in the form of SCAPE’s China Basin Park.

Now, the Mission Rock Partners development team (the Giants and Tishman Speyer) have revealed the winning proposals submitted as part of a 2020 design competition seeking five singular outdoor installations to help activate the Mission Rock streetscape.

Selected from a submission pool of three dozen entries by the development team alongside an advisory committee comprised of local community members and residents, the five winning “Street Room” design concepts were chosen for their successful melding of the artistic and the functional and will “showcase a successful blend of natural elements and urban amenities to be integrated into CMG Landscape Architecture’s overall pedestrian-oriented streetscape design,” per a press release.

The winning Street Room installations are: a bronze statue of trailblazing Black female baseball player Toni Stone created by local broadcast journalist-turned-sculptor Dana King; an inviting, greenery-clad venue for al fresco dining and gathering from Min Design; an interactive art installation from Terrain Work that pays homage to the natural landscape of the Bay Area through a colorful, three-dimensional mosaic of stone; a neighborly open-air lounge space from 100architects, and a flexible table-slash-seating installation designed by Oyler Wu Collaborative that functions as a common urban meeting space.

https://www.archpaper.com/2022/04/th...-neighborhood/

Old Posted Apr 19, 2022, 7:25 AM
Only Mostly Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebucket View Post
View from Oracle.
I wonder if I'll ever get used to calling it Oracle. I still fight the urge to call it PacBell. And Oracle is where the Warriors play. Except they don't! They play at Chase now. I'll never get used to these!!!

BTW, Mission Rock is looking great. Thanks for the shots!

Tiburon Miami 1 Miami 2 Ye Olde San Francisco SF: Canyons, waterfront... SF: South FiDi SF: South Park

Old Posted Apr 19, 2022, 8:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post
I wonder if I'll ever get used to calling it Oracle. I still fight the urge to call it PacBell. And Oracle is where the Warriors play. Except they don't! They play at Chase now. I'll never get used to these!!!

My T-shirt says it's PacBell Park so that's what it is.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2022, 3:00 PM
你的媽媽

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery View Post

Haha same here! Although I think it's been called AT&T Park for the longest duration (13 out of 22 years) during their tenure at 4th and King, so that's what I've gotten used to.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2022, 2:17 AM

looking north down Third St, where we can see the piles for the fourth building, so it's definitely underway. I think that one is my favorite from the renderings

closer

from the west

Last edited by timbad; Apr 25, 2022 at 2:52 AM.

Old Posted Apr 29, 2022, 11:34 PM

These buildings make for a beautiful view in the background at Giants games now...my favorite part

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction