HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest

Old Posted Dec 12, 2006, 11:25 PM
Pittsburgh rocks!!

^ Wonderful and I really hope Minneapolis gets a supertall or at least an 850-950ft. tower.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2006, 4:01 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelingman04 View Post
^ Wonderful and I really hope Minneapolis gets a supertall or at least an 850-950ft. tower.
yeah, as i said earlier in the thread, supertall staus (1,000+ feet) isn't terribly important in minneapolis' case. all that's really needed is a new focal point tower that's at least 100' taller than the current "big 3". if it turns out that minneapolis' rumored big one is over 1,000', well, that would just be icing on the skyline cake.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 1:13 AM
Pittsburgh rocks!!

^ I agree. Minnepolis's skyline is just so gorgeous and powerful.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 1:30 AM
illwaukee/crooklyn

1010 Park is quite a lovely plan. I like the greenspace and preservation incorporated.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 6:56 PM
devout Pizzatarian

i'm interested in learning more about the status of the various proposed projects on the page 1 list, so if you would, please give a brief little synopsis of where the various projects in your city stand and if construction may be imminent for any of them. imminent construction means sometime in the next 3 or 4 months.

i'll start with evanston.

Fountain Square Tower, Evanston - 38 floors

it's a very rough proposal at this stage. it has not even been submitted to the city for approval yet and no proper marketing of the project has begun. my sources say it's still moving forward, but it's a long way off, if it ever even happens. i'd put its chances at around 20% becuase of the thorny historic preservation issues on the site that threaten to kill the project.

twin city folks, i'm most interesetd in hearing from some of you.

Last edited by Steely Dan; Dec 14, 2006 at 8:22 PM.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2006, 7:23 PM

The only thing that's a guaranteed go right now for Minneapolis is Two Twenty Two, and that's not till May. It's possible that Sexton II could get going soon, but I haven't heard anything about a ground breaking date.

That Evanston tower is one of my favorites btw.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 12:43 AM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Milwaukee:University Club Tower
Topped out, within a few months of completion. Possibly before the end of the year.

Milwaukee:Lake Point Tower
Has been proposed for quite a long time and gone through several design changes, though has decent chances for getting built and has always had steam behind it. Porbably not in imminent construction, I'd give it an optimistic 50% of ever getting built.

Milwaukee:401 Wisconsin
The city really wants this tower, the developer seems serious enough, it's just at this point in the slower, early phases of the proposal. Maybe a 35% chance at this point.

Off the list:
Milwaukee:Ruvin Project (as posted earlier)
Has just a few more hurdles to jump with the city. Is within probably less than 4 months of site prep and possible foundation work. 95% chance of construction.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2006, 4:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGII View Post
Milwaukee:University Club Tower
Topped out, within a few months of completion. Possibly before the end of the year.
Residents on the lower floors will be able to move in before Christmas, if they haven't started already.

Quote:
Milwaukee:Lake Point Tower
Has been proposed for quite a long time and gone through several design changes, though has decent chances for getting built and has always had steam behind it. Porbably not in imminent construction, I'd give it an optimistic 50% of ever getting built.
Needs a sizable office anchor tenant, first and foremost. Plus financing from private investors, plus most likely a TIF from the City, plus general approvals from the City.

Quote:
Milwaukee:401 Wisconsin
The city really wants this tower, the developer seems serious enough, it's just at this point in the slower, early phases of the proposal. Maybe a 35% chance at this point.
Currently negotiating with City for a TIF. Needs more retail anchor tenants, needs to pre-sell condo units, needs private financing.

Quote:
Off the list:
Milwaukee:Ruvin Project (as posted earlier)
Has just a few more hurdles to jump with the city. Is within probably less than 4 months of site prep and possible foundation work. 95% chance of construction.
Needs further City approvals. Gipfel building has to be moved onto the site--is planned to take place by end of December 2006. Needs more tenants yet. Developers say groundbreaking in mid-2007, if everything else falls into place.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 5:36 AM
devout Pizzatarian

so apparently there was some big decision about indy's convention center hotel that was made. one proposal won and the other lost i think. anyone from indy know the story?

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 2:08 AM

I'm not from Indy, but I know the Marriott proposal was chosen over the Intercontinental one. Basically, people from Indy are upset because a bland 25-story, suburban-type hotel is going to be built instead of a 44-story tower that could have enhanced the skyline.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 2:40 AM
illwaukee/crooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markitect View Post
[Ruvin] Needs further City approvals. Gipfel building has to be moved onto the site--is planned to take place by end of December 2006. Needs more tenants yet. Developers say groundbreaking in mid-2007, if everything else falls into place.
Now has a hotel tenant.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 3:16 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondson View Post
I'm not from Indy, but I know the Marriott proposal was chosen over the Intercontinental one. Basically, people from Indy are upset because a bland 25-story, suburban-type hotel is going to be built instead of a 44-story tower that could have enhanced the skyline.
so the intercontinental project in indy is officially dead?

Last edited by Steely Dan; Dec 23, 2006 at 3:29 PM.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 4:17 PM
grizzled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
so the intercontinental project in indy is officially dead?
Probably dead, but I don't think it's official. A recommendation to select the alternate Marriott proposal over Intercontinental was made. As I understand it, the Bond Bank will likely create a development agreement with the Marriott developers by early next year. I doubt the Intercontinental will happen, but the mayor has not yet made a public statement on the committee's recommendation. Part of the problem with the Intercontinental project, known from day one, is that the garage underneath Pan Am Plaza is owned by a NYC developer. A recent Indianapolis Star article gives the impression that he either wants to buy the development rights for that site or that he'll hold onto the garage to prevent vertical development above his parcel.

Last edited by altfelix; Dec 23, 2006 at 4:28 PM.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 5:36 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ well, that prognosis sounds pretty bleak. unless someone gives me a good reason not too, i think i'm gonna remove it from the page 1 list.

Old Posted Dec 25, 2006, 5:50 AM

Rendering and website for One Water Place in St. Clair Shores, Michigan:

http://www.one-water-place.com/

Old Posted Dec 25, 2006, 7:03 AM
Midwest Moderator - Editor

One Water Place has been on hold for some years, now, as said earlier. It's effectively dead.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2006, 2:11 AM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
One Water Place has been on hold for some years, now, as said earlier. It's effectively dead.
if it really has been on hold for a very long time, then i should probably remove it from the list on page 1.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2006, 8:22 AM

6 Buildings, but the 3 main ones are:
Building I - 32 floors
Building II - 28 floors
Building III - 26 floors

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 4:47 AM
devout Pizzatarian

^ ralph, what project and city is that?

are those towers real proposals or theoretical towers included as part of a master plan?

Old Posted Dec 27, 2006, 5:20 AM

Those towers will be built. They are part of the St Louis Ballpark Village project, the big pile of dirt in the background of any game you saw of the World Series. They are real proposals by The Cordish Company. I think those towers will include seating for anyone who would like to watch a game.

http://www.cordish.com/sub.cfm?section=newdev&venueID=9

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Midwest