HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Alia Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Minneapolis Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 30, 2021, 1:49 PM

Talking JERSEY CITY | Jersey City Public Safety Headquarters | 187 FT | 12 FLOORS

Application came in, increasing the building to 12 floors instead of 10. It will be fairly big for the area.

Quote:
A new 10-story public safety headquarters could bring Jersey City’s police and fire departments, 911 operations and parking enforcement offices under one roof on Martin Luther King Drive.

The City Council will vote Wednesday on an ordinance authorizing the construction of a 120,000-square-foot building at the corner of MLK Drive and Kearny Avenue.

Under the terms of the plan, the Pennsylvania-based real estate investment firm Brandywine would build the complex and then lease it back to the city for either 25 or 30 years. At the end of the lease, the city would purchase the property for $1.
Image and quote from NJ.com : https://www.nj.com/hudson/2019/09/je...mlk-drive.html

Old Posted Jan 30, 2021, 3:07 PM
Show me the blueprints

That design is a disaster. What year is this?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 30, 2021, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
That design is a disaster. What year is this?
I'll admit I'm crazy, but I kind of like it for the retro vibe. It fits in with old school Jersey City. Plus I consider the biggest architectural diesters in the city to be every salmon-pink Bayonne Box that gets built. Like a cancer, it destroys the character of a neighborhood and multiples the same banal structures up and down the block.

Bayonne Boxes rant aside, the real purpose of this building from an urban perspective is that it will bring hundreds of workers to an area of the city in need of a little boost. There is many vacant lots in the area along with struggling small businesses. I don't know what the crime rate is for this area, but having police HQs in the neighborhood should add to safety.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals