HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 10:54 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by citybooster View Post
Hopefully it's just a possible rendition for now because the upper portion still needs work in my opinion, but otherwise it looks darn great.. takes us more into the 21st century with those series of curves and the amazing lower part. So this would not start happening I gather for another four years, til the lease runs out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt19215 View Post
I cant wait for this phase of construction to be over, CPT, 157, one vanderbilt, etc. And the next phase to begin, Park Hyatt, 270, dekalb etc.

When those buildings are nearing completion, this one will start construction. who knows what else will be planned then? Maybe that Park Central megatall?

Yeah, it looks like we're gonna be busy with skyscrapers for a while to come, even if things slow down a little. I'm sure that design will be refined like everything else.

Meanwhile, BlackRock can't get out of the way until the Spiral is completed. That's just now beginning to peak above street level. Maybe some of the tenants in Vornado's building will begin moving out first, they seem ready to take advantage of the new zoning.

Quote:
Vornado’s sits on the entire blockfront between East 51st and 52nd streets, while Rudin’s mid-block building at 40 E. 52nd St. sits right behind it
with entrances on both side streets.

This is a 23-story tower with 385,000 square feet and its main tenant, BlackRock, is moving to Hudson Yards and will leave it empty in roughly four years.

Sources said the firms have already discussed leasing such a new tower to a major company

It'll be interesting to watch this take shape along with others in the pipeline.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 11:11 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Yeah, it looks like we're gonna be busy with skyscrapers for a while to come, even if things slow down a little.
I've noticed that too. Less frequency (pipeline) coming in, but it makes up for it by just being larger in general. Both bulk/height. Even though we are not seeing tower numbers being proposed or recently starting u/c compared to 2016/2017.

Yet again, tons of proposals. Hopefully many will start in the next 2 years.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 11:16 PM

Renders made by Thomas Koloski

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 1:04 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:

Wow, this cluster is going to be amazing.

A little more of the interior workings...

Ground floor

2nd floor

3rd floor

Minus the other new towers in the skyline...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shwayze1994 View Post
Renders made by Thomas Koloski

3d model:
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...50-Park-Avenue

Last edited by TK2001; May 5, 2019 at 1:30 AM.

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 2:26 PM
BANNED

Does anyone know when the leases expire in 350 Park? I know that Rudin’s building will be basically empty when BlackRock moves.

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Does anyone know when the leases expire in 350 Park? I know that Rudin’s building will be basically empty when BlackRock moves.

Not sure, but Blackrock is moving when the spiral is complete so 2021/2022 i would say

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 3:12 PM
New Yorker for life

I hope Vornado doesn't screw this up. But since Roth practically wants to take credit for the Midtown East rezoning, and feels this site is best suited to take advantage of it, I think they will try hard to get this done.

https://therealdeal.com/2019/05/03/v...-midtown-east/

Vornado, Rudin mull 1,450-foot tower in Midtown East
Brochure envisions 1.68M-sf office project for Park Avenue

By Kathryn Brenzel
May 03, 2019

Quote:
Vornado Realty Trust and Rudin Management might build a 1,450-foot tower at 350 Park Avenue, marking the latest project to take advantage of Midtown East’s rezoning.

A brochure for the potential project, which is presented as a possibility for the site and has not yet been filed with the city’s Department of Buildings, shows a tower that would rise more than 100 feet above SL Green Realty and Hines’ One Vanderbilt and would have 1.68 million square feet of rentable space.

The New York Post reported last month that the two companies were discussing a possible joint venture to build a new office tower on Park Avenue. Such a plan would require the demolition of Vornado’s existing building at 51st and 52nd streets, and Rudin’s at 40 East 52nd Street.
Quote:
A source familiar with the potential joint venture said this was just one option for the sites. Rudin and Vornado could decide, instead, to redevelop their properties independently.

Renderings for the potential project are reminiscent of the stepped look of One Vanderbilt, though the different levels of 350 Park’s facade (achieved through setbacks) form outdoor space. The brochure envision multiple floors of amenities, including a “sky bar” at the top of the tower, a sports club, some sort of fine dining, an auditorium and an arts club. Vornado and Rudin declined to comment.
Quote:
In August 2017, the city rezoned Midtown East, a move intended to encourage the creation of 6.5 million square feet of new office space over the next two decades by allowing developers to build larger projects. The zoning change has already inspired JPMorgan Chase to demolish 270 Park Avenue and build a new 1,400-foot tower in its place. Harry Macklowe has announced plans for a 1,500-foot tall office building at 14 East 52nd Street.

Not everyone is committed to tearing down older building stock to make way for flashy new towers. Tishman Speyer just ditched its plan to redevelop 300 Park Avenue after consumer goods conglomerate Colgate-Palmolive renewed about 242,000 square feet at the building for its global headquarters.

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 3:36 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; May 4, 2019 at 4:00 PM.

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 4:05 PM
BANNED

Thanks for the graphic about the tenants. I hope that this design rises. It’s amazing.

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 4:46 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Thanks for the graphic about the tenants. I hope that this design rises. It’s amazing.
Yeah, it's too good to pass up. With the new towers going up or planned, Park Avenue will once again be at the forefront of modern towers in the city, even as new (and larger) towers go up on the west side. BTW, the last graphics show a potential KPMG as tenant. They're currently located across the street at the massive 345 Park.

https://therealdeal.com/new-research...5-park-avenue/

Quote:
345 Park Avenue is a 634-foot tall, 1,832,210-square-foot office skyscraper in Midtown, Manhattan. It was built in 1969 at the former site of The Ambassador Hotel by Rudin Management Comapany, and was designed by Emery Roth & Sons architects. It was renovated in 1999.

The buildings biggest leaseholder is accounting firm KPMG with 639,562-square-feet. Other major tenants include The Blackstone Group (212,550-square-feet), Deutche Bank (183,566-square-feet), the headquarters of the National Football League (NFL) (173,885-square-feet), and Loeb & Loeb (117,914-square-feet).

Rudin Management is the partner with Vornado in this. BlackRock's lease at 40 E. 52nd expires in 2023.

https://therealdeal.com/2016/08/05/r...ith-100m-loan/

Quote:
The 24-story, 448,000-square-foot property at 40 East 52nd Street is one of two buildings occupied by asset management giant BlackRock, along with Fisher Brothers and Soho China’s 55 East 52nd Street. BlackRock has 268,000 square feet of office space at the building.

The company tapped JLL to find a new headquarters after its lease at 55 East 52nd Street expires in 2023.
The Spiral should be up by then.

Last edited by NYguy; May 4, 2019 at 5:01 PM.

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 5:43 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 6:54 PM

I wish this one exceeding 1600ft

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 6:56 PM

This is one of my favorite weddings cakes left in the city, and probably the best. I'll be very sad to see it go. There is something so specifically New York about walking out from dinner at The Grill in the Seagrams Building and seeing this handsome tower across the street. It'd be an easier pill to swallow if the replacement building weren't half elevator shaft.

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 6:58 PM
DENNAB

400+ meters and an epic design. Well done NYC

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 7:25 PM
Show me the blueprints

KPMG? Shouldn't the tower look like a giant golf bag instead?

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 9:07 PM
Crane Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico44 View Post
This is one of my favorite weddings cakes left in the city, and probably the best. I'll be very sad to see it go. There is something so specifically New York about walking out from dinner at The Grill in the Seagrams Building and seeing this handsome tower across the street.

Me too!
"Prayers are fleeting and wars are forgotten, but what is built endures"
-Ambassador DeLenn, Babylon 5

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 10:59 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
400+ meters and an epic design. Well done NYC
Yeah, but let's just slow down a bit. They've got a few years to get tenants lined up to make this final, but I will say that if KPMG moves across the street, that would be enough to get the building going.

In this graphic I marked the developments at the top of my head that are in various stages of either construction or planning, with the exception of 237 Park. Before it was sold and renovated, it was a top candidate for redevelopment. Now that midtown east rezoning is in place, I would still hold that out as a potential redevelopment site, just down the line.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=199236

https://nypost.com/2012/05/08/gc-tower-has-rail-shot/

GC tower has rail shot

By Lois Weiss
May 8, 2012

Quote:
Now that 237 Park Ave. is fully in the hands of former lender Lehman Bros., and the holding company has hired Monday Properties to manage the 21-story building near Grand Central Terminal, the question making the rounds is whether a new tower will finally be constructed.

No one will talk about it now, but prior to 9/11, Skidmore Ownings & Merrill had designed an addition for the 1.25 million square-foot building.

Monday also owns neighboring 230 Park Ave., which for zoning lot purposes was going to be “merged” with 237 Park — which it managed at that time — in order to construct a new tower on land around 237 Park.

The buildings and land are in the special Grand Central Zoning District that previously made the development of 383 Madison Ave. possible.

But to get the proper stats for the new tower, Monday — then in its Max Capital configuration — still needed to buy additional air rights, which never happened.

There are about 1.5 million square feet of available air rights owned by Lehman Bros. and Andy Penson’s Argent Ventures.

Either way, in addition to Vanderbilt and 425 Park, 270 Park really sends shockwaves on the development front in the district. Add the Grand Hyatt 350 Park, and we would really be in for massive development on the scale of Hudson Yards. The city has shown that it doesn't have to rely on buildings built 50 years ago with the dual rezonings, and that's what it will take in a ciity that doesn't have large, open parking lots in the middle of the business district.

Old Posted May 4, 2019, 11:56 PM
Show me the blueprints

As much as this looks like the new xfinity remote control you'd think Comcast was the anchor tenant.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted May 5, 2019, 6:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pico44 View Post
This is one of my favorite weddings cakes left in the city, and probably the best. I'll be very sad to see it go. There is something so specifically New York about walking out from dinner at The Grill in the Seagrams Building and seeing this handsome tower across the street. It'd be an easier pill to swallow if the replacement building weren't half elevator shaft.
New York can't be a museum! The market decides! Insert other SSP cliches!

Last edited by Duck From NY; May 5, 2019 at 6:32 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals