HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Chicago Square in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 4:05 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMWChicago View Post
What a disappointment it would be if they couldn't get it just 22 feet higher. Or at the very least 984' (300 meters)

Whole Foods and Sterling are amazing boosts to this projects security, however!
Man if the city weren't bankrupt we could do stuff like that. If the fed can bail banks for unscrupulous behavior, it should most certainly bail out it's cultural capitals.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gebs View Post
No. 9 Walton
Yup, with any luck KG will buy the penthouse again and demand another 3 or 4 floors with 18' ceilings...

But honestly, IDGAF if this is 22' taller, like seriously? From most angles that difference in height will be unnoticeable since this is further West than most of the skyline in this area. This building is going to stand out more than any other recent large tower save maybe NEMA/OGP.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 9:32 PM

There is a tower on Figueroa in DTLA that is just shy of supertall proposed at 975ft. A bit disappointing, but a tower that size and location will stand out like One Chicago will. And you guys at least have a start date, Fig. Center hasn't gotten that far yet. I'll take it, for sure.

so close....
https://i.imgur.com/bjddesl.jpg

from UrbanizeLA

Last edited by Tom In Chicago; Oct 31, 2018 at 5:27 PM.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 9:58 PM

River North’s supertall One Chicago Square project targets January start

A new Whole Foods and Lifetime Fitness will anchor the $850 million project’s retail space

http://chicago.curbed.com/2018/10/30...me-development

Quote:
Designed in collaboration between Goettsch Partners and Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture, the towers will reach 654 and 1,011 feet, making the 76-story structure Chicago’s sixth tallest building when it opens in 2022. Zoning for One Chicago Square were approved by the city’s Plan Commission in January and financing for the development is “nearly finalized,” said the Crain’s report.

Goettsch Partners/Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 10:12 PM

The last setback and skinny top part need to extend upwards another 50 and 100 feet to get the proportions right, methinks.
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 10:24 PM
DENNAB

Whatever height it ends up this project is great

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 10:32 PM
1st Ward

I assume that curbed article is using dated information when it comes to the heights?

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by left of center View Post
I assume that curbed article is using dated information when it comes to the heights?
NO! Curbed uses official information. There aren't official communications that suggest a change in the height of the towers. The towers will reach 654 and 1,011 feet.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 11:03 PM
BANNED

I would not put much faith in Curbed's journalism.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 11:32 PM
DENNAB

Right, I'd take the figures from news articles with a grain of salt.

If someone with a reputation for being an insider with accurate information says it'll be different, I don't know why they'd lie.

In any case the shorter tower looks more like 600' in that render anyway.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2018, 11:42 PM

I'm just happy it's moving forward. River North is really putting in work to diversity its color palette

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 12:27 AM

FWIW the Crains article also mentioned this would be the sixth tallest skyscraper in the city, which would have to put it ahead of 2 Pru. Could be a case of not being on top of things.

pun unintended

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 12:33 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
I'm just happy it's moving forward. River North is really putting in work to diversity its color palette
Yeah me too, I really can’t wait for this one

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 12:55 AM
The City

Seriously, dudes, there is not a proposed tower I’m more excited about than this.

Although I have to admit that Wolf Point South, even with the height chop, comes close....

When foundation drilling begins, forget the smiley nanners. For this one, I will personally dress up like a banana and dance at the intersection of Chicago and State.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 12:59 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
Seriously, dudes, there is not a proposed tower I’m more excited about than this.

Although I have to admit that Wolf Point South, even with the height chop, comes close....

When foundation drilling begins, forget the smiley nanners. For this one, I will personally dress up like a banana and dance at the intersection of Chicago and State.
I agree they are exciting, especially because they're so close to construction. But Tribune Tower? 400LSD? LSE (I)?

Those are just as exciting if not more so IMO.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 1:16 AM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I agree they are exciting, especially because they're so close to construction. But Tribune Tower? 400LSD? LSE (I)?

Those are just as exciting if not more so IMO.
Tribune Tower maybe, but the rest are just skyline enhancers. They won’t do much else for the cityscape.

As I’ve said many times before, OCS will be streetscape transforming and energizing to an intersection that really badly needs it

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 1:34 AM

Quote:
quoted for posterity.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 1:35 AM

Quote:
As I’ve said many times before, OCS will be streetscape transforming and energizing to an intersection that really badly needs it
Yep. It's really pretty crazy. I used to live just north of this and while the lot was maintained well, at least after 2014 or 2015, north of Pearson was a completely different world. OCS is basically going to make it so there's not nearly as much weirdness in the area. I am very excited to see how it transforms the area even more. From Pearson to Delaware on State has undergone quite a transformation from 10 years ago.

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 2:04 AM
BANNED

Quote:

If you do that i will personally lobby for you to be a moderator

Old Posted Oct 31, 2018, 2:30 AM

Quote:

Honestly bannana costumes aren't that pricey... Learn the bananna dance and I will buy the costume...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive