HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Jan 22, 2014, 10:23 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post

Exterior View

Interior View

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

Old Posted Jan 23, 2014, 3:42 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

That's how you do balconies right.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2014, 4:19 AM

So, we are getting 3 towers on the same block- 151 Maiden, 80 South street and a small hotel?

Old Posted Jan 23, 2014, 1:52 PM
New Yorker for life

It seems decent enough, though you would need a full rendering to really judge.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2014, 8:59 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Fortis’ 151 Maiden Lane tower to house 95 units
Mark Maurer January 27, 2014 11:25AM

151-161 Maiden Lane and Jonathan Landau

Quote:
Not long after acquiring a site along Maiden Lane in Lower Manhattan, Fortis Property Group revealed its new residential tower project will be 52 stories tall and hold 95 units, according to the firm’s chief executive Jonathan Landau.

The developer paid $64 million in August for the two-parcel waterfront site, at 151-161 Maiden Lane, which offers nearly 250,000 square feet of buildable space, as The Real Deal reported. It is not clear if the building will hold rentals or condominiums.

Landau said he expects units will ask between $2,000 and $3,000 per square foot. Construction is slated to begin by May or June, he told the New York Times.

The property, between South and Front streets, was previously owned by Manhattan-based Kay Development Group, which had plans to build a 40-story mixed-use tower called the Seaborne, as previously reported. It was not clear why the Kay’s plans were scrapped.

Last edited by Hypothalamus; Jan 27, 2014 at 11:46 PM.

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 6:38 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

New York YIMBY:

Permits Filed: 39 Fletcher Street
BY: NIKOLAI FEDAK ON MAY 21ST 2014 AT 7:00 AM

39 Fletcher Street aerial, via Google Maps

Quote:
The first permits are up for a 51-story residential tower at 39 Fletcher Street, which is wedged between South Street Seaport and The Financial District. The site traded hands last September, when Fortis Property Group — which is developing — acquired the lot for $64 million. Goldstein Hill & West is the architect of record.

Plans for 39 Fletcher Street appear to have undergone a shift, as the tower has apparently gained height; renderings for a previous version had been floating around for quite some time, though that concept would seem to be dead. The latest iteration will span 140,041 square feet, with the entirety of the structure split between 74 residences and associated amenities. Fortis’ website has a glimpse of what would seem to be the current design.

Floors 5 through 10 will have four units each, while 11 through 24 will have two residences apiece; an outdoor pool will be located above mechanicals on 26, and from 27 to 51, residences will be full-floor. The building is clearly going to be geared towards luxury buyers, though the average floor-plan will measure approximately 1,800 square feet, which is on the smaller side for ultra high-end buildings.

39 Fletcher Street has additional addresses at 161-169 Maiden Lane and 77 South Street, so the development’s ultimate moniker may end up changing. Regardless, the building will be a major improvement over the parking lot currently on-site, and represents another step forward for the neighborhood.

[...]

No completion date for 39 Fletcher Street has been announced.
NEW YORK | 77 South St | 520 FT | 51 FLOORS

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 9:04 PM
New Yorker for life

Now if we can just get to 80 South Street.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=01

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 9:33 PM
New Yorker for life

This would have been a cool design for that site or even 80 South St...

http://www10.aeccafe.com/blogs/arch-...w-york-by-ma2/

Old Posted May 21, 2014, 9:42 PM

wow this is hot.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 3:34 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Now this is architecture. So radical, and different for the area. I love the twists and turns. The angle that the light hits. Drool!

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 10:35 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

These may be the actual renderings! I counted about 50 floors! And notice 80 South Street lol...

http://www.buzzbuzzhome.com/151-maid..._building2.jpg

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 10:37 PM

almost looks like a single building.

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 10:46 PM

On one hand, the render with the undulating skin seems more of a long shot, considering NYGuy's use of the verb "to be" in a past tense.
On the other, the second render (i.e. the one actually first seen in this thread) might be dated, considering that the massing ostensibly for 80SSt looks like that of the original design.

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 11:23 PM
BANNED

Reminds me of the Singapore firm building on Hudson Yards. Not a bad design actually.

Old Posted May 24, 2014, 5:50 AM
New Yorker for life

That second rendering is likely more current. Its the same as the one at the top.

Old Posted May 27, 2014, 1:12 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Official project site: http://fortis.developmosaic.com/151-maiden-lane/

Quote:
PROPERTY TYPE

Residential
DETAILS
# of Floors: 52
Square Footage: 281,000

151 MAIDEN LANE
NEW YORK, NY 10038

Fortis purchased this 281,000 SF waterfront development site in Manhattan’s prestigious Financial District in August of 2013. Fortis plans to construct a 52-story luxury residential condominium encompassing 161,000 SF on the eastern half that will include uninterrupted river views with the top floors having virtually 360-degree views. The western portion will be developed and operated as a 120,000 SF hotel featuring high-end amenities that will be used in conjunction with residents on eastern half. Construction is expected to begin during 2014.

==================================
http://fortis.developmosaic.com/151-maiden-lane/

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 12:06 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

New Permits: 151 Maiden Lane

Quote:
A new set of permits are up for the long-stalled development at 151 Maiden Lane, at the edge of the Financial District; the first filings from earlier this summer were for a 51-story tower, and the new documents are for a separate hotel component. Fortis Property Group is the developer, and Peter Poon is the architect of record.

Goldstein Hill & West is designing the residential portion, and the first renderings were promising, which is why the architect attached to the hotel component is somewhat mystifying. Poon also designed 161 Front Street — located right around the corner — which mars the local skyline with a zig-zagging pattern of garish confusion.

The filings for 151 Maiden Lane reveal a height of 33 floors and 345 feet, with 271 hotel rooms splitting 110,207 square feet; the building will be on the larger side for comparable developments in Lower Manhattan, though the adjacent 51-story tower should diminish its visual impact on surrounds.
=======================================
AUGUST 18TH 2014
http://www.yimbynews.com/2014/08/new...iden-lane.html

Old Posted Aug 19, 2014, 1:49 AM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

Quote:
...and Peter Poon is the architect of record.
Uh oh.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 3:39 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

New Look: 151 Maiden Lane

Quote:
YIMBY has a fresh set of renderings for 151 Maiden Lane, a 51-story tower under development by Fortis Property Group, just to the southwest of South Street Seaport. We first revealed the Goldstein Hill & West-designed tower back in May, but the latest batch of images give a much better idea of the actual appearance.

Quote:
151 Maiden Lane is located directly on the East River, which will give the project significant visibility — at least until Seaport City happens. The skyscraper will be very thin, and a glassy facade will be intermixed with balconies, which wind up the exterior in a vaguely helix-like fashion.

Permits for the development went up over the summer, and the project consists of two parts; the taller residential tower, and a shorter hotel component, where Peter Poon is listed as the architect. These images only depict the skyscraper, but Poon’s hotel will rise 33 floors and contain 271 rooms, which is impressive in its own right — but its appearance is currently left to our imagination.

Per DOB filings, 151 Maiden Lane will have 74 residences divided between 140,000 square feet. While no completion date has been announced, the recent flurry of permit activity likely indicates that construction will soon begin.
=============================
http://www.yimbynews.com/2014/10/new...iden-lane.html

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 4:34 AM
New Yorker for life

So those earlier previews were accurate. Decent filler, though it will be overshadowed by 80 South Street.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction