HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djforsberg View Post
Bahahaha are you serious? I have nothing against her at this point but it hasn’t even been a year since she’s been elected. Get out of here, thefourthtower.
Are you insane what the heck is a fourth tower

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 10:07 PM

---

Last edited by jigglysquishy; Jun 29, 2023 at 7:39 PM.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
Hahaha!!!
You tell me one thing the previous mayor has done Sandra has done a good job and what the heck is a fourth tower are you insane

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The mayor View Post
You tell me one thing the previous mayor has done Sandra has done a good job and what the heck is a fourth tower are you insane
Hey fourthtower, what rock have you been hiding under for the last few years?

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draftsman View Post
Hey fourthtower, what rock have you been hiding under for the last few years?
What’s your problem I’m not a forth tower and who are you to bully people who is the Monitor on this thread

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 10:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
I am truly confused with the way you think. How about you tell us what Masters has done to make her “the best thing to happen to Regina”?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2021, 12:52 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Are you insane what the heck is a fourth tower
You do know that humans are hard-wired to sense these patterns right? If it quacks like a duck, it’s likely a duck. Why don’t you just drop the schtick and just admit it. You would likely be respected more than if you just continued on with this facade.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2021, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
REAL looking to renovate Canada Centre to accommodate court sports, skateboarding

https://www.620ckrm.com/2021/06/17/r...skateboarding/

https://regina.ctvnews.ca/mobile/rea...ntre-1.5475242
Having played a little rec indoor volleyball at the barn, I can stay that it was really nice. We used to us elementary school gyms but this was so much nicer.

And as an amateur tennis player living near tennis courts that are also used for pickle ball, I'd be so grateful if the leagues went indoors

Old Posted Jun 20, 2021, 8:21 PM

good to see fourthtower finally back on the board, what a guy

Old Posted Jun 20, 2021, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoy View Post
I’ve actually heard that Brandt has no intention of building downtown, and the building in the park was the most central that they would go. The reasoning that I’ve heard is that they want to appease their consumer base, and building a fancy downtown tower makes them appear as if they’re no longer “humble” (LOL).

I had heard a rumour that if the building in the park got shut down, their plan was to just expand their current office on the edge of the city. Again, the above is just rumours that I’ve heard so nobody should put too much stock in what I said.

I really wish that the 1800 Rose tower would’ve gone ahead, and especially in a time like this, a new Brandt tower downtown is likely to be the only development we will see. But I also despise them for their shady tactics trying to get Wascana project pushed through and in my eyes they’ve lost any sort of goodwill that they may have had in our community.
Brandt will never build downtown Regina. They have a long history of building in or just on the outskirts of the city.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 5:59 AM
Regina rhymes with fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
To be honest, I want Brandt to puke all over downtown with a giant in your face office tower. We all know how big they are and how much money they make.
Especially since they are now the sole dealer for John Deere Construction & Forestry dealer for all of Canada after acquiring Nortax back in 2019.

I mean it is painfully apparent that the only reason they will likely never build a downtown headquarters is that they want to avoid paying city taxes. The only way it will happen is if the city becomes a bitch and gives Brandt some sweet tax breaks.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2021, 9:30 PM

I'll reserve judgement on Masters - she's done some things I view as positive, and others that make me wonder. I do like that she's chellenging the status quo in City Hall, and in Council. We've had a series of Mayors who did nothing to change the attitude/culture of City Admin nor City Council.

I will say, Fougere was a pretty low bar - I can't think of a single thing that he did to move this city forward in an active manner. He didn't get in the way very often - but that's not exactly leadership. I get that the Mayor is just one vote on COuncil - but they set they are the only full-time 'Councillor," are the face of the city, and they can set the tone/direction... if they don't, Council fills the gap. And having part-timers setting direction by committee isn't a great way to move forward. The Foug is lucky he stepped in during a boom - can't imagine the disaster that would have been left if he stepped in during tougher economic times in Sask.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 3:31 PM

Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread...but what is going up in the Northgate Mall parking lot next to the Sobey's Liquor store?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceedub1170 View Post
Maybe I missed it somewhere in the thread...but what is going up in the Northgate Mall parking lot next to the Sobey's Liquor store?
They were tearing down the old bank building last I saw. Are you sure they're building something?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSPC View Post
They were tearing down the old bank building last I saw. Are you sure they're building something?
They've poured what looks like new footings for something so it's definitely a new building.

Unfortunately the politics took over this thread so maybe it was mentioned before?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 5:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
I'll reserve judgement on Masters - she's done some things I view as positive, and others that make me wonder. I do like that she's chellenging the status quo in City Hall, and in Council. We've had a series of Mayors who did nothing to change the attitude/culture of City Admin nor City Council.

I will say, Fougere was a pretty low bar - I can't think of a single thing that he did to move this city forward in an active manner. He didn't get in the way very often - but that's not exactly leadership. I get that the Mayor is just one vote on COuncil - but they set they are the only full-time 'Councillor," are the face of the city, and they can set the tone/direction... if they don't, Council fills the gap. And having part-timers setting direction by committee isn't a great way to move forward. The Foug is lucky he stepped in during a boom - can't imagine the disaster that would have been left if he stepped in during tougher economic times in Sask.
I always got the impression that Fougere was the mayor that had to find ways to pay for all the things that were promised, ignored or delayed under Fiacco. The stadium, water treatment plant, increased dedicated spending on roads etc.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
They've poured what looks like new footings for something so it's definitely a new building.

Unfortunately the politics took over this thread so maybe it was mentioned before?
I’ve been wondering this as well. Can’t find anything about it anywhere.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 6:29 PM

Seems strange to build something new when there is so much open space in the mall. Could they not try to convert areas of the existing building into "strip mall" entrances? Are there city bylaws about operating hours if a business is connected to a mall?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 7:11 PM

The Northgate Mall is a mess, their website is a mess, their owners/property management are non existent and they still have food court seating from 1981. #tellmehowyoureallyfeel lol. The website still shows Lowe’s for goodness sake.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 7:15 PM

For the heck of it, I called Northgate Mall and played dumb, asking if there was something being built on the property. "Yes" was the answer. So I asked what it will be? "A building" was the reply. I asked if it was going to be a restaurant, and she said "No information". LOL, of course not.

So how big is this thing judging by the footings? I immediately thought 'Staples!', just because they are replacing the east store, which was a nicer store than the Albert Street location. So...maybe it could be them building in a better location?

Last edited by Draftsman; Jun 22, 2021 at 7:26 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan