HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 3:44 PM

A bridge would need to be built over the new spillway that was created for Jonathan Creek for that road to be extended. That won't be cheap.

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
A bridge would need to be built over the new spillway that was created for Jonathan Creek for that road to be extended. That won't be cheap.
True. I don't think we'll see that happen for some time unless that 17 acre parcel of land was purchased and developed. There are developers who could create something major at that location. Here's another quote from the Cushman & Wakefield listing off their site:

"Access to all public transit and walking distance within minutes of all nearby amenities including:
Good Life Fitness, Proposed Home2Suites by Hilton, Tannery Place South (Opening October 2019), 3plus Corporation, Greater Moncton Chamber of Commerce, BDC, Tangerine, Downtown Events Center, Via Rail, Maritime Bus, Sobeys, NB Liquor, Shoppers Drug Mart, cafe's, restaurants and more."

Old Posted May 17, 2019, 6:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehrhardt View Post
Not sure if you need a bridge. Just put the road close to the tracks like the other side and add some length to the tunnel to put road bed on. It's still going to cost more than a regular road but at least you don't have the maintenance of a bridge.

Old Posted May 20, 2019, 3:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnybrae View Post
Not sure if you need a bridge. Just put the road close to the tracks like the other side and add some length to the tunnel to put road bed on. It's still going to cost more than a regular road but at least you don't have the maintenance of a bridge.
It will be interesting to see how they handle Ivan Rand over Jonathan creek. I'm thinking they will want to locate the road to make maximum use of the land for development.

Old Posted May 23, 2019, 4:14 PM

A lot of earth being moved at the site today. Several large dump trucks being filled up.

Old Posted May 26, 2019, 11:51 PM

Took me 6 months to train my pet pigeon to fly with my Nikon. Brought me home these images. Talented little fella!

Old Posted May 27, 2019, 8:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Took me 6 months to train my pet pigeon to fly with my Nikon. Brought me home these images. Talented little fella!

Preparing the land for more than one building!

Old Posted May 28, 2019, 8:23 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I drove by the Junction this afternoon, and they were busy pouring concrete. There was a brightly coloured yellow piece of steel framing lying on the ground as well. I think it was a part of a tower crane. I imagine the concrete they were pouring was for the pad of a tower crane.

Things are moving along quickly.

Old Posted May 28, 2019, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I drove by the Junction this afternoon, and they were busy pouring concrete. There was a brightly coloured yellow piece of steel framing lying on the ground as well. I think it was a part of a tower crane. I imagine the concrete they were pouring was for the pad of a tower crane.

It's good to see. When it's all completed the Junction Urban Village will be a real pearl for this area. It will for sure help to extend Moncton's "downtown" westward beyond the subway. Especially with the addition of the 2 new hotels currently under construction. It will be interesting to see if the owners of the Brunswick Hotel block (Crown Plaza) join in the development fever going on around them. I believe they own the whole block now.

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 8:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
It's good to see. When it's all completed the Junction Urban Village will be a real pearl for this area. It will for sure help to extend Moncton's "downtown" westward beyond the subway. Especially with the addition of the 2 new hotels currently under construction. It will be interesting to see if the owners of the Brunswick Hotel block (Crown Plaza) join in the development fever going on around them. I believe they own the whole block now.
speaking of subway, isn't there supposed to be work done on the subway bridge? they did some but then everything stopped. i remember that the cost of fixing it was quite a bit so i have a hard time believing they're done?

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny2727 View Post
speaking of subway, isn't there supposed to be work done on the subway bridge? they did some but then everything stopped. i remember that the cost of fixing it was quite a bit so i have a hard time believing they're done?
I just assumed they used really expensive paint.

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 12:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I heard on the radio this morning that they intend to completely redo the sidewalk on Main Street between the subway and the Avenir Centre.

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 1:11 PM

Quote:

I heard on the radio this morning that they intend to completely redo the sidewalk on Main Street between the subway and the Avenir Centre.
I hope so. I have some issues with my feet and ankles that I won't get into here, but I had trouble on that rough section of sidewalk when we went to a Wildcats game this past winter.

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 2:05 PM

Quote:

"Pouring concrete"? I took my drone photo Sunday afternoon and you posted this info the day after. From my photo above, it doesn't appear that they're ready to pour anything! "Things are moving along quickly", #UnderStatement.

I might have to take another photo this upcoming Sunday for an update.

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 2:11 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Indeed

It was a small pour - they certainly aren't starting the foundation for the building, but I'm pretty sure this was for the pad for the tower crane. The base of a tower crane is now lying on the ground on the construction site.

A new drone photo however would be most welcome!

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 2:23 PM

The cost of the subway work was $573,000. The only thing I can see that has not been completed is the planting of trees and shrubs. Even if/when that happens, it seems like a lot of money for the work that was done.

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
The cost of the subway work was $573,000. The only thing I can see that has not been completed is the planting of trees and shrubs. Even if/when that happens, it seems like a lot of money for the work that was done.
I haven't been there at night in a while. Is there at least new lighting underneath?

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 3:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I haven't been there at night in a while. Is there at least new lighting underneath?
The lighting was replaced and is much brighter than before. Theres been shrubs planted along the sidewalk on foundry st. Not sure if that is tied in with this money but its a aesthetic improvement. The wall looks a little bare and I'd love to see festival inspire add this to their mural list.

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 3:18 PM

Driving by the Junction site this AM I saw A lot of earth being moved. Several large dump trucks being filled. The site seems a lot busier when it's not raining.

Old Posted May 29, 2019, 3:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The site actually needs a lot of fill to level things out.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces