HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 17, 2021, 8:29 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
I just heard old E&L Wine maker store at 459 Elmwood (that they have been renovating for months) now has a sign that says "Gaming Centre". Anyone know if this is for Gambling or more of a Crystal Mountain type place?
Just a guess but maybe an expansion by Doolys to have a separate area for gaming on the VLTs? EDIT Never mind I realize this is a couple buildings over. Interesting.

Old Posted May 17, 2021, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
Just a guess but maybe an expansion by Doolys to have a separate area for gaming on the VLTs? EDIT Never mind I realize this is a couple buildings over. Interesting.

Looks like your instincts were correct.

Old Posted May 17, 2021, 11:53 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:

Looks like your instincts were correct.
Shouldn't of second guessed myself even though it was a different building 😂 that's cool more space will probably help with social distancing

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 6:08 PM

According post in the Retail Talk and Share New Brunswick group on facebook, the new Dooly's location is now open

Old Posted May 27, 2021, 6:33 PM

So is the old building 100% empty now?

Last edited by David_99; May 27, 2021 at 7:01 PM.

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 12:30 AM

I'm not sure if it's empty but there were moving trucks there the other day.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2021, 10:45 PM

I asked about it some time ago and I see that the work has begun to remediate the land of the former Metro gas station across from the church in Irishtown. I believe Imperial Oil would now own the land and for the cost of remediation you almost have to assume they have plans to sell or something otherwise there may be no value in cleaning the land.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 1:49 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is now a construction card posted on the CCD Canada website for "Walmart Moncton NB."

I know that renovations are planned for both Walmart stores (the renovations at the CF Champlain location being quite extensive), but my money is on this card being for the new Walmart Distribution Centre to be built in the Caledonia Industrial Park.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 8:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
I asked about it some time ago and I see that the work has begun to remediate the land of the former Metro gas station across from the church in Irishtown. I believe Imperial Oil would now own the land and for the cost of remediation you almost have to assume they have plans to sell or something otherwise there may be no value in cleaning the land.
I saw that and was wondering about it.
Is it possible the enviro dept is forcing them to clean that up? I have no idea, just wondering out loud. Mainly, given the cost of remediating old gas stations, I can't imagine what could be built here that would justify the cost of the clean up.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 3:38 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The walls for the new Brandt dealership on Urquhart Avenue in the Caledonia Industrial Park are now completely up. This is a large building on a prominent lot (old NB Power building) facing the TCH, giving the property excellent visibility to passing traffic.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 2:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The plans for the Humphrey Brook Development master plan are available for review on the city website:

https://www5.moncton.ca/docs/pac/PAC...esentation.pdf

The most interesting thing is that they have divided up the plan into "Humphrey Brook East" and "Humphrey Brook West." This is no doubt due to the fact that the Irvings bought up all of the land in the western portion of the proposed development charge area to thwart this project, and to prevent people from peering over the fences of their horse paddocks.

The city still appears to be proceeding with "Humphrey Brook East", and the document is worth read. This shows what the city would like to do with this land in the future.

Humphrey Brook East

Photo from Mayor Dawn Arnold's Facebook page

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 5:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The plans for the Humphrey Brook Development master plan are available for review on the city website:

https://www5.moncton.ca/docs/pac/PAC...esentation.pdf

The most interesting thing is that they have divided up the plan into "Humphrey Brook East" and "Humphrey Brook West." This is no doubt due to the fact that the Irvings bought up all of the land in the western portion of the proposed development charge area to thwart this project, and to prevent people from peering over the fences of their horse paddocks.

The city still appears to be proceeding with "Humphrey Brook East", and the document is worth read. This shows what the city would like to do with this land in the future.
Doesn't that new urban collector end square at Irving's new property? What is the city's future plan? A cul-de-sac arterial?

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 6:12 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Doesn't that new urban collector end square at Irving's new property? What is the city's future plan? A cul-de-sac arterial?
Indeed.

The Irving's don't need all the land that they bought to maintain their privacy. Perhaps the city is holding out some vain hope that at some point in the future (25-30 years perhaps), the Irvings will be willing to make some of this land available for development, and the arterial can be extended. In the original plans, the city wanted to connect the Humphrey Brook neighbourhood through to Filles de Jesus Avenue, Price Street and the Moncton East Business Park

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 11:48 PM

Frame is up at the Jiffy Lube.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 10:04 AM

Lots of new work taking place following Baron Heights across from MHS, they are clearing grounds for a road it appears, phase 2 starting maybe?

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Lots of new work taking place following Baron Heights across from MHS, they are clearing grounds for a road it appears, phase 2 starting maybe?
Great, more sprawl.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 12:41 AM

The Elmwood Dr/Royal Oaks development will single-handedly destroy any hope of Moncton being a sustainable place in the future. The most inefficient possible mode of development (not to mention how the residents will be living for the next 100 years), to the benefit of nobody except real estate companies.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 12:46 AM

Remember when there were 20 sites considered for the new MHS but the only “suitable” location was out by Royal Oaks? How many new schools have been built within city limits since then? Sigh. /old rant.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 1:38 AM

Disregard this post, realized it was shared a month or so back.

Old Posted Jun 25, 2021, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Remember when there were 20 sites considered for the new MHS but the only “suitable” location was out by Royal Oaks? How many new schools have been built within city limits since then? Sigh. /old rant.
Old but still hurts being lied to

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces