HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 17, 2021, 12:47 AM

Spencer Drive & Sherwood Crossing

I see work has begun on milling and paving the Spencer Drive extension to Towers Rd. Also, there has been some clearing and signs put in place for the
Sherwood Crossings development. We should see something start on this in the near future once they get by the IRAC crap!

Last edited by Siriusb; Jun 17, 2021 at 12:59 AM.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2021, 1:01 AM

I’m not sure if anyone mentioned this or new but Mary Browns will be making a return to PEI. They don’t mention where but I would assume Charlottetown.

https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...5AsJfjOnz52ay8

Old Posted Jun 17, 2021, 1:20 AM

Charlottetown Curling Club seeks to join Belvedere Golf Course in major project

The Guardian

Charlottetown has been without a curling rink for over a year and has been since sold. There appeared to be no resolution to replace it until now.......

"Bernard said the talks between Charlottetown Curling Club and Belvedere include demolishing the existing structure on Greensview Drive and building a brand new facility that would include golf and curling."

MORE HERE >
https://www.saltwire.com/prince-edwa...box=1623711122

Old Posted Jun 17, 2021, 4:30 PM

[

I only wish there could have been first floor retail!
It would have added to street level retail along Prince Street.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2021, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
I’m not sure if anyone mentioned this or new but Mary Browns will be making a return to PEI. They don’t mention where but I would assume Charlottetown.

https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...5AsJfjOnz52ay8
Didn’t they open a spot here by UPEI (behind Subway in what’s now Blaze Pizza)? The article mentions that a drive-thru is necessary, so maybe a better Charlottetown location is what they need.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2021, 6:26 PM

“The Local” Buchanan Drive Plaza

Plaza REIT has listed “The Local” as the tenant in Buchanan Drive Plaza in the recently renovated space next to Maurices, for several months now. Does anyone have any more information on this place?

Old Posted Jun 17, 2021, 8:04 PM

Norwood Rd Subdivision Underway

The Norwood Rd Subdivision was given the go ahead and I was out that way today and noticed the road is in place with the water and sewer being installed. I'm sure the development will move along quickly.
With the MacWilliams Rd development not far from there, the construction activity in the area is the most I've seen anywhere.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2021, 8:12 PM

MacWilliams Rd Subdivision

Has anyone noticed the construction activity taking place in the MacWilliams
area? The construction activity is BIG with lots of building going in. The one-time quiet fields across from the Lucy Maud Montgomery School is a buzz with
the sounds of construction. Some of its completed along the road.

Before:

After:

Old Posted Jun 17, 2021, 8:21 PM

More MacWilliams Rd Subdivision

A small town is slowly appearing in the one-time fields of East Royalty. An explosion of construction. The pictures don't do it justice. You have to see it for yourself. Also, the province is widening the road on St. Peters Rd. and a new bridge at Wrights Creek, etc. so there is a lot going on here.

- 100+ Single Family Homes,
- 120+ Duplexes,
- 140+ Town Houses,
- 3 Apartment/Town House Complexes, and
- 1 Seniors Housing Complex

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 8:11 PM

P.E.I. population passes 160,000

CBC NEWS PEI

The Island population reached 160,536 on April 1, according to a release from Statistics Canada Friday morning, passing 160,000 for the first time.

MORE HERE > https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/princ...2021-1.6070895

On another note, Charlottetown has surpassed the 80,350 mark. That was noted last year but who knows what it is now.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2021, 8:17 PM

Sherwood Rd Development

Anyone know what is going in on Sherwood Rd. between Island EMS and the Storage business? The plows are moving the earth for something and a porta-pottie is in place so that means something!!

Old Posted Jun 19, 2021, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGK View Post
Plaza REIT has listed “The Local” as the tenant in Buchanan Drive Plaza in the recently renovated space next to Maurices, for several months now. Does anyone have any more information on this place?
I think it is a new Old Dublin restaurant

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusb View Post
Sherwood Rd Development

Anyone know what is going in on Sherwood Rd. between Island EMS and the Storage business? The plows are moving the earth for something and a porta-pottie is in place so that means something!!

I think the storage place is building another building.. that's what I herd at work anyways.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan23 View Post
I think the storage place is building another building.. that's what I herd at work anyways.
The land is owned by a company called Big Daddies Developments. The company was incorporated last year, June 08, 2020. One of the owners, Matthew Eye, runs the company M.B. Eye Electrical, which I think has been growing quite a bit over the last few years. I am wondering if maybe they're building a shop?

Edit to add: Big Daddies Developments has an address listed at 60 St Peters Road, where M.B. Eye's office was located, until recently when they moved into a space on Sherwood Road.

Last edited by TGK; Jun 22, 2021 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Added info

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan23 View Post

The storage company is constructing another building directly behind the current spot. This location being asked about is to the western side of the current storage building. It is also crossing the tree line at the back of property.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2021, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy1 View Post
The storage company is constructing another building directly behind the current spot. This location being asked about is to the western side of the current storage building. It is also crossing the tree line at the back of property.

There are two lots between Island EMS and the storage place. If this work is being done directly next to Island EMS, then it's on Big Daddies land, if the work is being done directly next to the storage place, then it's like an access road into the massive field in behind the Sherwood Road lots. The lot directly beside the storage place is 65 feet wide, and is owned by the same people who own approx. 40-50 acres (it's all farm field right now).

Here's a pretty good map you can use to see properties on PEI, but not the owner. You'll need Geolinc for that: http://142.176.0.108/landonline/login.aspx

Last edited by TGK; Jun 22, 2021 at 7:20 PM. Reason: Added a picture.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 1:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGK View Post
There are two lots between Island EMS and the storage place. If this work is being done directly next to Island EMS, then it's on Big Daddies land, if the work is being done directly next to the storage place, then it's like an access road into the massive field in behind the Sherwood Road lots. The lot directly beside the storage place is 65 feet wide, and is owned by the same people who own approx. 40-50 acres (it's all farm field right now).

Here's a pretty good map you can use to see properties on PEI, but not the owner. You'll need Geolinc for that: http://142.176.0.108/landonline/login.aspx
Thanks for the info!! So far I see what looks like a roadway so it's probably an access road.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 1:34 AM

John Yeo Dr - 2015 - 2021

Old Posted Jun 23, 2021, 2:44 AM

18-2 Sherwood Rd

This is a second attempt by Arsenault Bros. Holdings to develop the land west of Seafood Express and east of the Maritime Electric substation on Sherwood Rd. The land is vacant and there should be no constraints to development. However, opposition by ME and local NIMBYs squashed the proposed 200 unit development.
This second proposal without saying it more bluntly, is just ugly!! The first proposal was better by far. The West Royalty Suites have the right idea!
Why they would prefer this over the last proposal is beyond me.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2021, 7:02 PM

Those two buildings look the exact same as the two they just built by the APM center Cornwall.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces