HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 17, 2021, 7:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Photo of Euston Park Social on the beach:

T&T photo
Not to be outdone by Euston Park Social at Parlee Beach in Shediac, Kavok Brewing Company is opening a beer garden at Plage Aboiteau Beach in Cap Pele.

Let the Beer Beach War begin!!!

Last edited by MonctonRad; Mar 24, 2022 at 7:44 PM.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2021, 5:33 PM

Pics from domain-breaux bridge .... some one here can post the pics if they want .

https://www.facebook.com/10284659526...605514354/?d=n

Old Posted Jul 4, 2021, 12:19 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to the T&T, the town of Shediac is "hitting pause" on the idea of a new town hall in order to seek additional public input.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2021, 2:12 PM

Quote:
According to the T&T, the town of Shediac is "hitting pause" on the idea of a new town hall in order to seek additional public input.
Good. I'm in Shediac every 2nd weekend or so and I drive by that super small piece of land where they proposed the new town hall. It's a ridiculously stupid idea to move there.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2021, 1:55 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Construction card on CCD Canada for the solar farm project in Shediac:

Quote:
SOLAR FARM, SHEDIAC

CCD Ref. Number : NB157329-19-07

Stage : 7-Started

Published : July 11, 2019

Last updated : June 29, 2021

Starting Date (estimated) : Not available

Size : Mid-sized ($18,380,000)

Work type : New construction

Sector : Public

SIC Code : 4931-Electricity and other combined services

Category : 1-Industrial

Subcategories : 1P-Power Production

Disciplines : ARCH, CIV, ELEC, ENV, EQUI, HVAC, INST, MEC-B, MEC-I, STRUC, OTHER*

SHEDIAC (NB)
(Moncton - Richibucto)

Description :
NEW SOLAR FARM -
Located in Shediac, this project estimated at $18 380 000 is underway. It is slated to be completed in December 2021. Works concern the construction of a new solar farm for 500 homes to receive new technologies.

- Initiator: INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO SUBSCRIBERS
- Contractor: INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO SUBSCRIBERS
- Engineer: INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO SUBSCRIBERS
This solar farm project has been known for some time, but I was surprised to see from the information above that construction is already underway.

This is a low profile development, away from public view, off the Lino Road, not too far from the provincial correctional centre.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jul 10, 2021 at 2:06 PM.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2021, 1:33 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

From MLA Greg Turner's FB page:

Quote:
SHEDIAC (GNB) – The provincial government is investing $400,000 in accessibility upgrades at Parlee Beach Provincial Park. Construction is underway to build several wheelchair-accessible facilities as part of a partnership with Ability New Brunswick to improve beach access and the overall experience for all visitors.

“It’s exciting to see one of New Brunswick’s most popular beaches become more accessible,” said Tourism, Heritage and Culture Minister Tammy Scott-Wallace. “These new features will help to ensure that everyone can have a fun and relaxing day at the beach with their friends and family.”

A new comfort station will have wheelchair-accessible washrooms, indoor showers, family changing rooms and sheltered outdoor showers. The station will be located at the most convenient spot along the beach with proximity to the parking lot, sand and water.

A nautical-themed playground is also being built next to the comfort station and will be accessible to all children. It will feature a play boat and a swinging ride in the shape of a raft.

“Ability NB is pleased to partner with Parlee Beach on accessibility improvements to its beach and recreation areas to ensure all New Brunswickers can play in and visit our province’s incredible outdoor spaces,” said Ability New Brunswick Executive Director Haley Flaro. “Parlee Beach continues to be a leader in recognizing the social and economic benefits of accessible recreation and tourism.”

The interior of the new comfort station is in its final stages and the new playground is currently being installed. Additional work will include installing a concrete sidewalk around the building and landscape remediation.

The beach also plans to purchase an accessible mat which will create a flat surface across the sand to provide access to the water for wheelchairs, strollers and those with mobility issues.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 4:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

From 91.9, The Bend:

More Than $7 Million For Shediac’s Water Systems
Moncton, NB, Canada / 91.9 The Bend
Tara Clow
Aug 13, 2021 | 8:50 AM

Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs Dominic LeBlanc made the announcement yesterday on behalf of the Honourable Catherine McKenna, Minister of Infrastructure and Communities.

The Town of Shediac and the Greater Shediac Sewerage Commission will upgrade the sanitary, water and storm systems on Main Street, Grand Pré Street, Inglis Street and Dupuis Street.

“These upgrades will reduce the likelihood of overflow events at the lift stations, and will increase the capacity to treat and manage wastewater and stormwater. I remember, Roger, I met you and some members of your council some months ago before we announced last summer a very important investment of over $30 million in the treatment facility and I was excited because I thought this was the key piece to finally dealing with the water quality issue in Shediac Bay and Parlee beach. You said to me that it is a big step, but the finally piece is the project we are announcing today. That is why I am so happy. I recognize as all of you do the importance for tourism, for fishing and to protect the ecosystem of something as important to our province as Shediac Bay,” Leblanc says.

In addition, a new ultraviolet disinfection process will considerably improve the cleanliness of the town’s wastewater before its disposal in the Shediac Bay.

The Government of Canada is investing more than $2.9 million in this project through the Green Infrastructure Stream of the Investing in Canada program. The Government of New Brunswick is providing more than $2.4 million, while the Town of Shediac is contributing more than $1.9 million.

“This investment is key to ensuring the protection of Shediac Bay’s beautiful beaches. By upgrading the town’s wastewater infrastructure, we are investing in the health of our local ecosystems and our local economy,” Leblanc says.

Shediac mayor Roger Caissie says, “This major investment in infrastructure renewal at the town’s main entrance supports growth in Shediac. The work will allow for continued development in Shediac’s west end and help bring environmental benefits.”

Gee, you'd almost think an election was being called, or something.........

Old Posted Aug 13, 2021, 7:54 PM

Quote:

[...]
I wonder if Pointe-du-Chene's sewage situation will be resolved along with these upgrades, paving the way for annexation.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 2:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Saint Louis Bar & Grill coming soon to 355 Main Street in Shediac (third location in southeast NB).

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Saint Louis Bar & Grill coming soon to 355 Main Street in Shediac (third location in southeast NB).
Odd location... are they tearing it down and rebuilding? Or repurposing?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/35...!4d-64.5424492

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 2:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Renovation I would think, but I am not sure.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 2:45 PM
ハルウララ

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkuta View Post
Odd location... are they tearing it down and rebuilding? Or repurposing?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/35...!4d-64.5424492
The red brick building you linked is now occupied by a hair salon and its address is now 353 Main street. St-Louis Bar & Grill will likely be in the adjacent 2-storey building to the east still vacant since the closure of Gallant TV.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2021, 3:18 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
The red brick building you linked is now occupied by a hair salon and its address is now 353 Main street. St-Louis Bar & Grill will likely be in the adjacent 2-storey building to the east still vacant since the closure of Gallant TV.
Yes, the restaurant is going in where Gallant's TV is (was) located. I didn't realize that this wasn't clear.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2021, 2:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The new St. Louis Bar & Grill on Main Street is apparently going to open in December. Apparently they will be including a "four season" outdoor patio, which, they claim, will be the first one in NB.

I hope they plan on strong heaters for the wintertime.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 10:54 AM

Mini tower crane is now up for Breaux Bridge Estates building 3 (which is actually the first building being constructed)

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 3:39 PM

Proposed 90 unit apartment building

https://www.nbse.ca/media-planning/m...rt-21-1998.pdf

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaubassin View Post
Proposed 90 unit apartment building
Where is this located?

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Where is this located?
On Sainte-Anne St near the multipurpose centre

Old Posted Sep 21, 2021, 3:54 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Looks identical to the apartment buildings currently under construction at 2265 Mountain Road in Moncton. I wonder if Spitfire just recycled the design.

It is amazing how density is building up so quickly in Shediac. I wonder how long it'll be before they apply for city status........

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces