HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 6:46 PM

QMJHL Season 2021-22

Well looks like this will be a normal season, and Rumours are that Hendrix Lapierre will make his way to Bathurst for 2 first round picks and Bourget!

That is a nice catch for the Titan if it happens!

Old Posted Jun 11, 2021, 7:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshark View Post
Well looks like this will be a normal season, and Rumours are that Hendrix Lapierre will make his way to Bathurst for 2 first round picks and Bourget!

That is a nice catch for the Titan if it happens!
Center, 1st round NHL pick!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2021, 3:27 PM

First pick for the Titan was defensemen Harry Clements from PEI and on the international side, forward Ivan Miroshnichenko from Russia.

Training camps are one and a half months away and looks like the Titan is going to be a force to reckon with over the next two seasons.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 1:40 PM
ハルウララ

Saint John will host the 2022 Memorial Cup.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2021, 3:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
Saint John will host the 2022 Memorial Cup.
It's SJs turn. I have no problem with this whatsoever.

I imagine Moncton will get it in 2028.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2021, 9:30 PM

Season is about to start, mem cup in Saint john, predictions anyone?

Old Posted Nov 3, 2021, 7:35 PM

Looking like Winnipeg for sure will be making the trip out east in the spring.

As for the hosts they got some gaps to fill if they want to not get swept in all 3 games lol.
Sadly all of the moves they made for the playoffs last year except Ryan Francis probably weren't smart. Before Francis came back they were a full top line away from being a really strong team. When they had Dufour, Burns and Lawrence as their "top line" it was just lacking. Not discrediting any of those players they got talent and fun to watch. But you can see in the 1 game with Francis being back what's missing. My guess is they'll be in for 2-4 higher end forwards and maybe 1 d man. Plus hoping Yan Kuznetsov gets sent down for the memorial cup from Stockton.

Also side note I saw in game in Halifax a few weeks ago and man does it look like that team have fun. From their funny race ritual to the bench to the "behind the scenes" cam before each period.

Old Posted Nov 16, 2021, 3:17 PM
ハルウララ

via Francois Le Blanc of Radio Canada:

The City of Bathurst has agreed to begin funding the AB Titan to ensure the team stays in Bathurst. $75,000 from the lodging tax and another $100,000 over two years from general municipal funds. And the City will help the team find additional revenue sources.

https://twitter.com/RCFrancois/statu...10065434656772

Old Posted Nov 16, 2021, 3:38 PM

Yes! The team will remain in Bathurst for the foreseeable future!

Old Posted Nov 16, 2021, 7:00 PM

Great news they are working to keep the team. I wasn't aware of any relocation / team folding rumours. With the team that Titan have this year with McArthur and now Lappierre back should help get more people out.

Old Posted Nov 17, 2021, 12:02 AM

Yes, its still hunting season too and there is as many people in the woods than in town. Once that finishes, attendance will pick up.

They lost a lot of money last year because of the limited attendance and the owners pockets are not as deep as some other team owners. With the city pitching in, they will be here for the next 6 years for sure.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2021, 6:17 PM

Well coach Mario Durocher has been thanked for his services and shown the door. I was surprised when they last renew his contract as he had no control of the dressing room back then. We have a very good team full of tallent, hopefully this will bring a much needed wind and some W’s for the team!

Old Posted Nov 26, 2021, 6:25 PM

The team looked unstoppable early on! I will be interesting to see how the new head coach bounce goes!

Old Posted Dec 16, 2021, 4:13 PM

Should be interesting to see how the teams the new COVID seating plan will go over with season ticket holders.

In Sea Dogs are saying for Saturdays game you can sit anywhere you'd like. First come first server though it will need to be distanced. Feels like there might be some miffed and possibly angry people to find their seat is taken. Think I might try to sit where I know there isn't many season ticket holders just to be safe LOL.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2021, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgeoftea View Post
Should be interesting to see how the teams the new COVID seating plan will go over with season ticket holders.

In Sea Dogs are saying for Saturdays game you can sit anywhere you'd like. First come first server though it will need to be distanced. Feels like there might be some miffed and possibly angry people to find their seat is taken. Think I might try to sit where I know there isn't many season ticket holders just to be safe LOL.
Could be much much worse. You could be a Moncton season ticket holder like me where they've decided your tickets are no longer valid, and being asked to buy new tickets (at full price) with a credit at the end of the season (at the discount season). Imagine having 4 season tickets and having to pay $50-80 out of pocket a week before Christmas. The attendance Saturday spoke for itself.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2021, 2:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I still have my seasons tickets, but have not yet attended a game this year (due to COVID). This is the main reason why I have remained silent on this thread so far.

Things look pretty dire on the COVID front for January and February, but hopefully I can take in a few games towards the end of the season.

This is two seasons now where I have been nearly completely disengaged from the team. I am starting to wonder if I should renew my seasons tickets for next year or not........

The only reason why I might is the prospect of hosting the Memorial Cup again in 2028. The last time in 2005 was a hoot!

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 3:54 AM

I've enjoyed almost every game this year despite being disappointed that covid wasn't yet at the point I hoped where we wouldn't have to mask up to attend. I still feel I got my moneys worth as Lacroix has this team capable of beating anyone on any night.

If they can lock him up on a multi year contract I'll have hopes this team can once again contend I'm a few years, but they have work to do still in building out the roster.

I do worry that you are losing a lot of fans like yourself Over these past couple years who aren't quite diehards but still enjoy going to 10+ games per season. The moncton market can likely handle that, especially with the influx of newcomers to the area, but many other teams in the league won't be able to handle another doubtful season.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 2:00 PM

I've been to every game in the Covid era for the Sea Dogs and from my perspective there is still lots of the 55+ crowd at the games. To me it seems as if the 18-30 age range might be the one that has been affected the most. Could be something as simple as pre-covid a night at the hockey game drinking beer is a relaxing time but with the increased mask mandates, maybe they don't want to bother? There was a few games this year in Saint John that had a pre-pandemic feel with crowd size and energy.
(For reference I am in the 18-30 range)

It will be interesting to see what happens with the league if they try to play behind closed doors for a month or two to keep playing games. Or would they suspend the season? But either way it's a huge loss for every team losing concession money and refunding any tickets.

This isn't taking into account the Memorial Cup and what happens with that in May/June.
If they do suspend the season though is that a blessing in disguise for the Sea Dogs who let's be real at this time would probably be embarrassed at home by non QMJHL teams that come to play. Hasn't been a great season for them sadly! I see they picked up a new D man but if the season does continue they need at least
- 2 x top 6 forwards (MacArthur / Desonyes )
- Upgrade on Sapelnikov for the Euro slot (Ivan Ivan)
- Another stay at home D to replace Innis
- Another goalie? Lemieux has been very hot and cold.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2021, 5:21 PM

The Q has extended the holiday break to Jan. 7
https://www.919thebend.ca/2021/12/21...sc_ref=twitter

Old Posted Dec 22, 2021, 4:51 PM

Expected but still disappointing. Hopefully we don't have a 5 month break like we did last year from November to March.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces